Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this should give any of us hope re. our undelivered Solo copies, but my missing Force Awakens steelbook shipped on November 5 actually arrived today. Maybe some of the Solo copies are also still floating around waiting to be delivered. Unfortunately, it arrived badly dented so I still have to deal with getting at least a partial refund for it.

• Informative
Reactions: Shark
Not sure if this should give any of us hope re. our undelivered Solo copies, but my missing Force Awakens steelbook shipped on November 5 actually arrived today. Maybe some of the Solo copies are also still floating around waiting to be delivered. Unfortunately, it arrived badly dented so I still have to deal with getting at least a partial refund for it.
Good luck in even getting a reply, took me 7 days to get one reply and i message them daily

Badly dented? Just tell Zavvi that you didn't receive it, request a refund and you'll get one. It's still in stock so just re-order it now while you still can.

Badly dented? Just tell Zavvi that you didn't receive it, request a refund and you'll get one. It's still in stock so just re-order it now while you still can.

I thought about that but his is actually my second copy. Thankfully, I already got my first one with no dents and only off-center back artwork. I don't even want another one at this point because I just want to be done with Zavvi right now so I'm hoping to just get a good refund because this one is going to my nephew anyway and he doesn't care about dents.

Reactions: Stygian
Finally got another response on Twitter, I’ve “cancelled” my replacement which never existed to begin with. Hopefully they’ll refund me pretty quickly.

Finally got another response on Twitter, I’ve “cancelled” my replacement which never existed to begin with. Hopefully they’ll refund me pretty quickly.
Well they told me apparently there's a small bit more stock coming in soon but they couldn't tell me if it will be going up for sale or for replacements. So my query's been passed on to the warehouse and a member of the team will contact me in due course!!!!

Zavvi coming out with some huge whoppers!! :D

I wish they'd stop with the sh1thousery and just give an honest assessment!

Last edited:
Well they told me apparently there's a small bit more stock coming in soon but they couldn't tell me if it will be going up for sale or for replacements. So my query's been passed on to the warehouse and a member of the team will contact me in due course!!!!

Zavvi coming out with some huge whoppers!! :D

I wish they'd stop with the sh1thousery and just give an honest assessment!

That’s why I cancelled. At this point I don’t even care if there’s more stock coming, it would more than likely be dented or spine slashed & then you’ll have more of a run around with them.

The fact that a customer did not receive an item & then has to jump through as many hoops as I (and others) have had to to get a replacement is downright disgraceful. Don’t be so condescending to ask if a family member has taken it in! Just issue a replacement, if there’s not stock, issue a refund. All this should be immediate. Not over a month later.

If an Amazon order is scheduled for delivery on the 10th but doesn’t arrive on the 10th, they don’t go through any bullsh*t, they just issue a replacement. I’ve got Saint Maud ordered through Zavvi but other than that, I’m done. They are, without question, the worst company I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

That’s why I cancelled. At this point I don’t even care if there’s more stock coming, it would more than likely be dented or spine slashed & then you’ll have more of a run around with them.

The fact that a customer did not receive an item & then has to jump through as many hoops as I (and others) have had to to get a replacement is downright disgraceful. Don’t be so condescending to ask if a family member has taken it in! Just issue a replacement, if there’s not stock, issue a refund. All this should be immediate. Not over a month later.

If an Amazon order is scheduled for delivery on the 10th but doesn’t arrive on the 10th, they don’t go through any bullsh*t, they just issue a replacement. I’ve got Saint Maud ordered through Zavvi but other than that, I’m done. They are, without question, the worst company I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Indeed. They send you the replacement straight away. And if it's for a damaged item, then they give you 30 days to return it, after which they will charge you for the replacement if you haven't sent the original back by then. I have suggested to Zavvi in the past that they should adopt a similar approach if they REALLY want to provide a decent customer service. But then, Amazon is a lot more customer-focussed.

It really sucks that this situation has been so bad that collectors have come to spend up to $155 so far for a $40 steelbook that wasn’t entirely THAT limited.

Imagine if this is a Zavvi employee selling this steelbook. Icing on the cake huh (I doubt it is but I wouldn’t be surprised at this point lol)

C56C196D-26BF-44B7-AE57-75491A47E495.jpeg

Good old Jazz sent me this form response today:

I am really sorry to hear that you have not received this. The order was sent to you on 6-11-2020 and I would have expected it to have arrived by now.
I will investigate this with our courier provider but in the meantime, I am more than happy to arrange a replacement or refund, please let me know what you would prefer.
Please note Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook is currently out of stock so I can not give you an expected date for a replacement.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

As if this whole situation isn't annoying enough, Jazz threw in a 'can not' almost as if knowing it's a pet peeve of mine.

Got my ‘replacement’ I bought from the restock today in the US. Still working on getting a refund for the original after weeks of back and forth with CS. Horrible experience.

Reactions: Stygian
I received my copy of Solo today that I ordered on November 25th during the restock. It was shipped out on November 27th.

I originally ordered 4 copies (2 each on 2 orders) when they went on sale on August 29th but I only received 1 copy out of the 4. I needed 2 copies which is why I always order extra copies. This is the first time over the years that ordering extra copies hasn't worked out. I only ordered 1 copy when Zavvi restocked and realized after that I should have ordered 2 copies but luckily the 1 copy arrived so now I have the 2 copies I need.

I now have a complete set of the 11 Star Wars SteelBooks.

I received my copy of Solo today that I ordered on November 25th during the restock. It was shipped out on November 27th.

I originally ordered 4 copies (2 each on 2 orders) when they went on sale on August 29th but I only received 1 copy out of the 4. I needed 2 copies which is why I always order extra copies. This is the first time over the years that ordering extra copies hasn't worked out. I only ordered 1 copy when Zavvi restocked and realized after that I should have ordered 2 copies but luckily the 1 copy arrived so now I have the 2 copies I need.

I now have a complete set of the 11 Star Wars SteelBooks.
Congrats!