Song you're listening to???

WOW! You did stuff for O Trice? That dude was awesome. There are a lot of rappers i wish were still in the game from those times. I grew up to these, even though the names didnt mean a lot back then, its kinda funny and nostalgic to see them get mentioned here. :thumbs::)

Yeah, I did an interview with him when Cheers dropped, went to his concert and connected there with him. We did like 3-4 tracks when he was on his Europe tour. He used two tracks on one of his official Mixtapes. I love all of his stuff. Great rapper. We also did something with M.O.P. but it was never released. Around that time they where with G-Unit. They where also super fun to hang around. I drove with Billy once in an elevator at their Hotel and he was pocking the whole time at a smaller dude I didn't recognized. We stepped out and he said: Man, Ma$e is such a ***** :LOL: Didn't recognized him at all. He was in flip flops and wife beater.
We where never any famous or something but as Hip Hop fans it was really a fun time.

I grew up on this @dan8885 I opened shows for Devin The Dude if you know who that is....

That's awesome, **** you on 2001 is one of my favourite dre songs and Devin kills it on that

I thought so Mr. Texas :cool: Me too, and of course I know who Devin is :oohyeah: Crazy to hear you opened up for him. I also did a little DJing but mostly we produced Black Music from 1998 on till mid 2000s. But rarely US artists. We did some stuff for Obie Trice (Aftermath) and some RnB artists. But we did a #1 hit in Germany back then with a german RnB artist :rolleyes: And I also did interviews for a Hip Hop magazine and clothing online store over here. So I met like nearly everyone important rapper back then and was paid in free concert tickets for me and my friends :D Great times!

I was heavy into Rap-A-Lot back in the days. Geto Boys, Devin, Scarface, Yukmouth ... I got all of their CDs dusting in my basement. For very long I only listened to Westcoast Rap but then I got hooked on the South. Screwed Up Click, Rap-A-Lot, Cash Money, No Limit, Swishahouse, UGK, Outkast .. you name it. But especially H-Town culture.

Whaaaaaaat??

I never knew this! I mean I knew you was into your hip hop and stuff but that's awesome

Cheers was a great album. Still listen to I now and love eminems verse on we all die one day

Obie was actually my first gig without parents kind of thing and not in a pub with just some mates (the year I left school) and traveled up to London Astoria - great venue and was lucky to see a few bands there but unfortunately they demolished it 6 years after if see obie

Amazing set (rumour was busta, 50, Nate, Kuniva or Eminem was supposed to be with him but none of them turned up) - still awesome though

image.jpeg

Been lucky to see some of my favourite rappers over the years like mos def, wu tang, nas, jay z, dizzie, d-12 (at 12 in the afternoon at a festival lol) and Eminem. Also some others like Damian Marley, snoop, Jamie t, drake, Kanye, scroobious pip - that I can remember

I once had tickets for menthod man and redman too but couldn't make it :( (but got to see method man at wu a few years later) Always wanted to see outkast too

Yeah, I did an interview with him when Cheers dropped, went to his concert and connected there with him. We did like 3-4 tracks when he was on his Europe tour. He used two tracks on one of his official Mixtapes. I love all of his stuff. Great rapper. We also did something with M.O.P. but it was never released. Around that time they where with G-Unit. They where also super fun to hang around. I drove with Billy once in an elevator at their Hotel and he was pocking the whole time at a smaller dude I didn't recognized. We stepped out and he said: Man, Ma$e is such a ***** :LOL: Didn't recognized him at all. He was in flip flops and wife beater.
We where never any famous or something but as Hip Hop fans it was really a fun time.
LMAO! Mase? :LOL: Well, even in the videos hes got this chilled back vibe

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Whaaaaaaat??

I never knew this! I mean I knew you was into your hip hop and stuff but that's awesome

Cheers was a great album. Still listen to I now and love eminems verse on we all die one day

Obie was actually my first gig without parents kind of thing and not in a pub with just some mates (the year I left school) and traveled up to London Astoria - great venue and was lucky to see a few bands there but unfortunately they demolished it 6 years after if see obie

Amazing set (rumour was busta, 50, Nate, Kuniva or Eminem was supposed to be with him but none of them turned up) - still awesome though

Been lucky to see some of my favourite rappers over the years like mos def, wu tang, nas, jay z, dizzie, d-12 (at 12 in the afternoon at a festival lol) and Eminem. Also some others like Damian Marley, snoop, Jamie t, drake, Kanye, scroobious pip - that I can remember

I once had tickets for menthod man and redman too but couldn't make it :( (but got to see method man at wu a few years later) Always wanted to see outkast too

Great that you're back mate :thumbs:

It was a amazing time for Hip Hop after the golden 90s. Especially Aftermath and Shady released a lot of great stuff back then. There was a Aftermath forum where insiders posted snippets and stuff.
I remember listening there for the very first time to The Game when they uploaded freestyles just when he was signed to Aftermath. They got us so mad excited.

I was also a big Timbaland fan because of his productions and there was also a forum from Beatclub his record label. Man there where insiders who uploaded like 30 second snippets of new beats we listened to it for a whole week on repeat. Today I get bored from a full album after the first spin. So much stuff I got on my hard disk that was never released or got big attention. Timbaland did so amazing productions back then.

Great that you're back mate :thumbs:

It was a amazing time for Hip Hop after the golden 90s. Especially Aftermath and Shady released a lot of great stuff back then. There was a Aftermath forum where insiders posted snippets and stuff.
I remember listening there for the very first time to The Game when they uploaded freestyles just when he was signed to Aftermath. They got us so mad excited.

I was also a big Timbaland fan because of his productions and there was also a forum from Beatclub his record label. Man there where insiders who uploaded like 30 second snippets of new beats we listened to it for a whole week on repeat. Today I get bored from a full album after the first spin. So much stuff I got on my hard disk that was never released or got big attention. Timbaland did so amazing productions back then.

Cheers mate

Yes it was and yeah they did. I remember having a game mix tape before the documentary album

I did really like timberlands production on songs like ludacris - phat rabbit and Aaliyah - try again & are you feeling me

And some timberland & magoo tracks were good.
His production on some missy too and other bits.

Was never really a bubba sparxxx fan tbh but I have some ms jade stuff somwhere

Also got a hard drive with just everything I own along with the physical media but it's all in boxes

Remember I told you a while back I've put a list of my favourite artists, this is it

took a while but these are who I just adore (i listen to a lot lot lot more artists and bands but these are my fav) - possibly missing 1 or 2 but thats pretty much it

David Bowie
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The pixies
Radiohead
Blur
Arctic monkeys
Kings of Leon (1st 3 albums & bsides)
Gorillaz
Mos def
Eminem
Jay-Z
Wu tang clan (and on their own)
Aaliyah
2pac
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
The talking heads
The smiths
The cure
Ray Charles
Nas
Outkast
Bloc party
Ludacris (first 3 albums)

Listening to Ruff endz - no more & Bigge feat. Bone thugs - notorious thugs

Timbaland is a beast. His unique style nobody could **** with.
Swizz Beats and Manny Fresh were also amazing producers.