Song you're listening to???

Thinking of The Way of the Gun reminded me of a punk song used in the trailer, that some people thought misrepresented the movie. I disagree, it is a hard film to market, but I think the trailer passes on its crazy and absurd vibes, without giving anything away, and leaving the movie to surprise and reward viewers with its multilayered complexity.
They knew how to make trailers back then, without retelling the whole story, and picked good songs - "Add it Up" by Violent Femmes reflects in its lyrics the mood and situation in life main antagonists find themselves at.
Here's both the full song, and the trailer:

"15 million dollars isn't money, it's a motive with a universal adapter on it."

Reactions: tathanos and komor
Thinking of The Way of the Gun reminded me of a punk song used in the trailer, that some people thought misrepresented the movie. I disagree, it is a hard film to market, but I think the trailer passes on its crazy and absurd vibes, without giving anything away, and leaving the movie to surprise and reward viewers with its multilayered complexity.
They knew how to make trailers back then, without retelling the whole story, and picked good songs - "Add it Up" by Violent Femmes reflects in its lyrics the mood and situation in life main antagonists find themselves at.
Here's both the full song, and the trailer:

"15 million dollars isn't money, it's a motive with a universal adapter on it."

The father of the kidnapped girl also appears in Blood Ties, where he also plays the father of Clive Owen and his brother.

We tried with my friend from R&O to review the great song "Don't you (forget about me)". We let you be the judge if you get the 5 minutes. Woud love your views on our cover :

I think it´s good in general, but it when I listened to it a while I had the feeling other music is playing in the background or something like that. I built some beats with my DAW and found these VSTs (freeware) and maybe it´s something for you, because they are mostly designed for acoustic instruments

Last edited:
Reactions: tathanos
I think it´s good in general, but it when I listened to it a while I had the feeling other music is playing in the background or something like that. I built some beats with my DAW and found these VSTs (freeware) and maybe it´s something for you, because they are mostly designed for acoustic instruments
Thank you. I just added a lot of layers. I played drums & many percussions on it as well as several guitars. maybe that's what you hear that's weird ? I would love a real engineer for the recordings but we do everything ourselves :)

Reactions: komor
Thank you. I just added a lot of layers. I played drums & many percussions on it as well as several guitars. maybe that's what you hear that's weird ? I would love a real engineer for the recordings but we do everything ourselves :)
Ok - that explains it, I´m no expert, but read and watched tutorials from time to time. When the soup is to thick or thin the EQing is often the key for better results. Found this scheme, that is quite interesting.
I13-17-Musicalns00.jpg

orange shows the fundamental frequencies and yellow the harmonics. It is more physics-related and can differ from instrument to instrument

Ok - that explains it, I´m no expert, but read and watched tutorials from time to time. When the soup is to thick or thin the EQing is often the key for better results. Found this scheme, that is quite interesting.
View attachment 533661
orange shows the fundamental frequencies and yellow the harmonics. It is more physics-related and can differ from instrument to instrument
Thanks mate. I will take a look at it next time I do a mix. I had other sources but could be usefull to try something new. Thanks

Reactions: komor
Thanks mate. I will take a look at it next time I do a mix. I had other sources but could be usefull to try something new. Thanks
Last offtopic one - some freuencies related to guitars:
Acoustic Guitar - Fullness - 240Hz

Acoustic Guitar - Clarity - 2,5kHz

Acoustic Guitar - Body - 80-120Hz

Bass - Clarity 2,5 kHz

Bass - Body - 60-80Hz

E-Guitar - Angularity - 2,5kHz

E-Guitar - Body - 200Hz