Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #53) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: November 2019
Purchase links: Group Buys
Price: TBA
Group Buy: To be hosted by Wreck / HDN GB to happen Wednesday 4:30-5pm CST
Note: Print run 3000

One-Click Box Set (DL+SL+FS, DL includes only the 4K disc):
Spider-Man; Into the Spider-Verse, one-click box set.jpg

Fan Box (4K+3D quarter slip & bonus items):
Spider-Man; Into the Spider-Verse, fan box.jpg

Double Lenticular (4K+3D+2D):
Spider-Man; Into the Spider-Verse, double lenticular.jpg

Single Lenticular (4K+Bonus Disc):
spiderman-lenti.jpg

Full Slip (3D+2D):
Spider-Man; Into the Spider-Verse, full slip.jpg
Blufans_SMITSV-01.jpeg
Blufans_SMITSV-02.jpeg
Blufans_SMITSV-03.jpeg
Spider-Man; Into the Spider-Verse, single lenticular.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that was a given, but what I want to hear about is the LIVE ACTION .... Miles Morales gonna blow up big time then! Glad I got the first appearance comic book :naughty: price gonna soar

Reactions: djjez83
that was a given, but what I want to hear about is the LIVE ACTION .... Miles Morales gonna blow up big time then! Glad I got the first appearance comic book :naughty: price gonna soar

think I prefer miles as animated and Parker as live action. I mean it wouldn't bother me either way but I just can’t be bothered with another live action spidey with a new origin just yet (and by yet I mean for a good few years). They smashed the animated and just wana see miles with other versions of spidey in that (for now).

I couldn't live the overlapping lenti card so I decided to follow the examples of @rebelrocks (1) and @Mickle_89 (2) from the Coco thread and removed the lenti:

lenti_1.jpg lenti_2.jpg

My intention was to reattach it to the slipbox, but now that it's off, I think I'll keep it loose. Maybe I'll add magnetig tape to its back so it sticks on the slip when the steel's inside.

lenti_3.jpg

I had a little misfortune when removing the lenti card, but the slip itself wasn't damaged in any way. It's looking pretty nice without the lenti, too.

I couldn't live the overlapping lenti card so I decided to follow the examples of @rebelrocks (1) and @Mickle_89 (2) from the Coco thread and removed the lenti:

View attachment 453445 View attachment 453446

My intention was to reattach it to the slipbox, but now that it's off, I think I'll keep it loose. Maybe I'll add magnetig tape to its back so it sticks on the slip when the steel's inside.

View attachment 453447

I had a little misfortune when removing the lenti card, but the slip itself wasn't damaged in any way. It's looking pretty nice without the lenti, too.
How do you safely remove the Lenti from the slipbox

View attachment 453445 View attachment 453446

View attachment 453447

im amazed theres a normal slipcover under the lenti. would never of guessed

How do you safely remove the Lenti from the slipbox
I took some pics along the way. I hope it's okay to post them?

01.jpg

First, find a good place to start. With my particular copy it was fairly easy because of the overlapping lenti card. :naughty:

02.jpg

This step demands some courage: lifting the lenti card off the slip. You'll immediately notice the white backing separating from the lenti. It's just like removing an old sticker. Make sure you don't bend the lenti card too much when lifting it.

03.jpg

Work your way down carefully and slowly. As you can see in this picture, my thumb was my best tool. :giggle:

04.jpg

This is how the slip looks like with the lenti card removed. What remains on the slip is the backpaper with the adhesive of the actual picture behind the lenticular.

05.jpg

And this is the lenti card with the actual picture, held against the daylight.

06.jpg

The largest parts of the adhesive backpaper came of fairly easy.

07.jpg

Removing the residual glue was a tedious job, however. I used lighter fluid to get rid of it.

08.jpg 09.jpg

Done!

@Apollon
Thanks for the link to your tutorial. I completely forgot about it, let alone the fact I posted in this thread. It took me "only" about 1,5 years to put theory into practice, but there it is, finally. :LOL:

I took some pics along the way. I hope it's okay to post them?

View attachment 453523

First, find a good place to start. With my particular copy it was fairly easy because of the overlapping lenti card. :naughty:

View attachment 453524

This step demands some courage: lifting the lenti card off the slip. You'll immediately notice the white backing separating from the lenti. It's just like removing an old sticker. Make sure you don't bend the lenti card too much when lifting it.

View attachment 453525

Work your way down carefully and slowly. As you can see in this picture, my thumb was my best tool. :giggle:

View attachment 453526

This is how the slip looks like with the lenti card removed. What remains on the slip is the backpaper with the adhesive of the actual picture behind the lenticular.

View attachment 453527

And this is the lenti card with the actual picture, held against the daylight.

View attachment 453528

The largest parts of the adhesive backpaper came of fairly easy.

View attachment 453529

Removing the residual glue was a tedious job, however. I used lighter fluid to get rid of it.

View attachment 453530 View attachment 453531

Done!

@Apollon
Thanks for the link to your tutorial. I completely forgot about it, let alone the fact I posted in this thread. It took me "only" about 1,5 years to put theory into practice, but there it is, finally. :LOL:
Lighter fluid! Why not Goo-Gone?

While I think it’s cool, now you gotta either magnetize the Lenti, or keep up with it in addition to the de-lenticulared slipbox.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
The procedure isn't completely free of risk, as I've mentioned yesterday. Now I want to show you what I meant:

10.jpg

Although having been really careful with removing the lenticular from the box, the picture behind the actual lenticular lifted as well in this area. I think the paper just didn't separate nicely from its backing or maybe I was pulling a bit abruptly.

11.jpg

In this picture you can see more clearly what happened.

12.jpg

Afte some deliberation I thought to myself I couldn't possibly make it worse, so I tried to press the paper back on the lenticular with several tools, starting with my finger nails, and ending up with a pen, eventually. This pretty much did the trick!

13.jpg

I put the lenti on a table and pressed the pen hard on the back and moved it over a small area. In several runs I got rid of the worst of the bulging. It's not perfect yet, and I doubt I'll manage to achieve much better results, but it looks worse in the photos than in reality. But I want to be honest: If I hadn't been able to buy an empty DL from a friend, I probably wouldn't have dared to do this kind of experiment. At least not on such an expensive item.

Last edited:
Lighter fluid! Why not Goo-Gone?

While I think it’s cool, now you gotta either magnetize the Lenti, or keep up with it in addition to the de-lenticulared slipbox.
Lighter fluid works just as well. :)
Yes, I will look for some magnetic tape or just keep it loose together with the slip in a protective case.

It was reading these few lines, a glass of water and a couple of breaths into a paper bag that helped me get back onto my feet again after fainting.
:LOL:

Got my oc today but of all premiums retailers I get, blufans I'm getting a bit disappointed in, as much as they pack in good sturdy boxes and they are in thick foam boxes it's seems these guys let down more collectors than most, I'm not sure if they are handled badly over there or while in transit to me who knows. But this ain't cheap and I do expect a this cost to arrive mint. I got venom oc white and venom black oc elsewhere and white also got damage, black was not as bad, but to have three premiums to arrive with slight damage is getting very annoying. This spiderman verse and venoms have been my recent buys from blufans and each one has had issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    872.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    872.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    816.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG