Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Untitled Spider-Man 3

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Jon Watts

Cast: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jacob Batalon, Marisa Tomei, Tony Revolori, Jamie Foxx, Alfred Molina, Andrew Garfield, Kirsten Dunst

Release: 2021-12-16

Sony Pictures announced today that Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige will produce the third Spider-Man film, starring Tom Holland - scheduled for release July 16, 2021.
Spidey will also be back in the MCU, as part of the agreement.

In a press release announcing the great news, Kevin Feige said:
“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it. Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Deadline had a bit more to share on what went down:

Sony has agreed to the terms that Disney originally proposed for its participation in a third Spider-Man movie, whereby Disney/Marvel would co-finance 25% of a third Homecoming movie for a 25% equity stake. The deal also calls for Spider-Man appearing in one more Disney/Marvel movie.

This is also a big win for Sony here in continuing a series that will likely give it another $1 billion-plus-grossing film along with an 8% distribution fee or higher. Additionally, the deal keeps intact the creative steering of Disney’s Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige, who led two of the best and most profitable fan-pleasing pics in the Spidey film canon to $2 billion worldwide.

From IGN FB

When you're the only Spider-Man that didn't get a third film.

IMG_4862.JPG

see that pic the other day and the sad thing is, Garfield should of got a 3rd film over maguire

This is going to be epic. Molina confirmed, apparently Garfield and Kirsten dunst confirmed. Maguire and stone in negotiations. Benedict, Keaton and foxx already confirmed. Just need to hear that Gyllenhaal will be back and this will be a fine spider verse and sinister six

Some amazing memes going about too and Tom Holland will have a cameo LOL

4EF402FC-D06C-473B-AD25-176391514B82.jpeg

181CA5C9-F94A-42E1-BA05-F3DD7E8A7B5A.jpeg

Last edited:
I just hope they're not relying on nostalgia and cameos to make it exciting and actually have a cool story to tell along with it.

And now apparently Charlie cox reprising his role as daredevil :woot:

I just hope they're not relying on nostalgia and cameos to make it exciting and actually have a cool story to tell along with it.

of course it’s nostalgia. But it also just wouldn’t work as new actors playing other spideys. Well it would as long and Holland, maguire and Garfield are there. It’s going to be epic

although maguire did a trilogy he was supposed to have a 4th so technically his arc never had a proper send off and Garfield was shat on for his trilogy so this will also be proper send off for both. It worked in into the spiderverse it can easily work in MCU

I like to think that Emma stones Gwen isn’t garfields Gwen. That will really f**k him up (and of course she’s dead in his world)

dr strange 2 will be full of cameos and other versions of the MCU superheroes played by alternate actors too. But spidey needs to come first with maguire and Garfield versions From previous universes we’ve already seen before alternate versions of other hero’s can work in Dr Strange. Going to be so f**king cool

This is how I want my MCU films. I’m sick of the solo films just featuring that character. Civil war was the test and game changer. Now these films are so deep into MCU we need other characters popping up in the films. Just think we had the smallest falcon cameo in ant man, dr strange in ragnarok etc. Wanda will be in dr strange along with so many more. It’s more believable when all these characters appear in each other’s films

Last edited:
Jon watts is also directing a fantastic 4 film after spidey 3!!!

Busy man.

Willem Defoe and Thomas Hayden church are also in talks to return as the Green goblin and sandman. This is going to be so wild.

Good résumé from CBM:

Confirmed:
Spider-Man (Tom Holland)
Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Tony Revolori, Angourie Rice and Marisa Tomei
Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield)
Electro (Jamie Foxx)
Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst)
Doctor Octopus (Alfred Molina)

Rumored:
Green Goblin/s (Willem Dafoe & Dane DeHaan)
Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone)
Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire)
Venom (Tom Hardy)
Daredevil (Charlie Cox)
Sandman
Mysterio
Hobgoblin

Reactions: Flloydo
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database