Spring - Love Is A Monster (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive-exclusive #001) [Germany]

Which artwork do you prefer for the full-slip?

• Cover A

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Cover B

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monsterzebra

The Marvel Guy
Premium Supporter
May 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: November 6, 2015
Purchase link: SteelArchive - SOLD OUT
Price: €34.95
Group buy: @merowinger

spring-steelbook-blu-ray.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm glad to be allowed to introduce the first exclusive edition of an upcoming german retailer called "Steelarchive".

http://www.steelarchive-shop.com/index.php

Features:
- Full-Slip
- Limited to 100 copies (1 copy per customer)
- Numbered (with card)
+ other goodies (TBA)

Artwork (full-slip):
Front:

20-thickbox_default.jpg

Back:
21-thickbox_default.jpg

Artwork poll (ended):

Please cast your vote for one of the following artworks in the poll (and/or comment which one you prefer).

"Cover A (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427676077.jpg

"Cover B (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427682083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any information concerning the pricing? I reckon it could be anywhere between 12.99€ and 34.99€?
Nope, not yet.
The only Information i got is that it depends on the prices of the Company that will print the full-slip.. (who would've thought that.. :D ).

As soon as i have more Infos i will let you know. :)

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Ended up pre-ordering standard version on Amazon. Would prefer to get this steelbook release but, limited to 100 means not much of a chance for me to get an order in on release day for pre-orders. Especially if I am at work, would be sold out by the time I get a lunch break.

Thanks for the information on this release!

cover A definetly. B is terrible. and it's winning. WTF ???

:rofl:
Cover A is the exact same picture as on the Steelbook, why would you want the same for both?
Admittedly, the picture shown as mock-up B looks really bad compared to how it will likely be, because it's a highly compressed tiny image that looses much of the detail.

Here's the poster it's based on (which looks a million times better than the mock-up, IMO) and likely a much better indication of how the slip would actually be:
(Edit: The slip would be without all the text on it, just the SPRING text at the top!)
pnbCIPm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: spass and snooloui
The collecing community can be so frustrating at times. We will get an artistically inferior and contextually unfitting cover just because there's a naked girl on it...

Here's a quick mock up with the awesome Brandon Schaefer print:

spring-slip1.jpg

Now that would be something.
It's not because of the 'naked girl' it is because A) it is not in the movie & B) it is the same image as steelbook but worse= redundant in bad way.

Direct quote..."Here are the 3 cover versions for final selection. To avoid misunderstandings, in the design, we are bound to the publisher, so we can not do what we want" ???

Direct quote..."Here are the 3 cover versions for final selection. To avoid misunderstandings, in the design, we are bound to the publisher, so we can not do what we want" ???

If you're asking for an interpretation of the statement:

They're provided pre-approved artwork selections by the studio/distributor. It's basically an admission that they cannot just create artwork of their own for the product, which would also include mixing-and-matching and re-compositing of the options they've been given. As far as I'm aware, this is fairly standard for steelbook retailers.

Reactions: monsterzebra