Spring - Love Is A Monster (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive-exclusive #001) [Germany]

Which artwork do you prefer for the full-slip?

• Cover A

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Cover B

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monsterzebra

The Marvel Guy
Premium Supporter
May 22, 2014
Germany
Release date: November 6, 2015
Purchase link: SteelArchive - SOLD OUT
Price: €34.95
Group buy: @merowinger

spring-steelbook-blu-ray.jpg

Hi folks,

I'm glad to be allowed to introduce the first exclusive edition of an upcoming german retailer called "Steelarchive".

http://www.steelarchive-shop.com/index.php

Features:
- Full-Slip
- Limited to 100 copies (1 copy per customer)
- Numbered (with card)
+ other goodies (TBA)

Artwork (full-slip):
Front:

20-thickbox_default.jpg

Back:
21-thickbox_default.jpg

Artwork poll (ended):

Please cast your vote for one of the following artworks in the poll (and/or comment which one you prefer).

"Cover A (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427676077.jpg

"Cover B (approved by Koch Media)"]
FB_IMG_1436427682083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The collecing community can be so frustrating at times. We will get an artistically inferior and contextually unfitting cover just because there's a naked girl on it...

Sad but true, indeed.

I voted for cover B, because it is DIFFERENT (and pretty cool, too). There's no point in having a full slip that's just like the steelbook art with washed out colors.

EDIT: Also, is HDN really that desperate for money that words like "full slip" need to link to dresses selling on eBay?

Last edited:
I do like cover A; cool, simple (I don't mind the lack of title) and the colours work. I can understand why people wouldn't like it as it closely resembles the existing art, but cover B just feels a bit too 'cartoony' for me.

Not too crazy about the slipcovers.Underwhelming is what comes to mind.Thank goodness it isn't final.Please have another option.It looks to subdued the way the 2 slips are currently.
To know how members REALLY FEEL, please add option C- none of the above.If this gets more votes than A & B,then you know a change is required.

Please for the love of GOD let cover B be the final artwork. I saw that poster art for the film like 6 months before seeing this movie. I fell in love with that poster. It's wonderful, one of the best movie posters of the year. That poster is the sole reason I went and saw this movie. I was hoping they would use that for the regular blu ray release, but they didn't. I really don't like the image of the monster girl that's on the amaray and the steelbook.

I get what it symbolizes for the movie, but that never actually happens in the film.

Sure, the gradient of cover A is pretty cool, but cover B is hands the down the best option.

Reactions: dan8885
Are they running away from the 2 "large monster" images on the left and right extreme pics?

Here's a larger version of the poster :

pnbCIPm.jpg

It looks to me like
the left and right are the big rock cliffs that enclose the small inlet of water. The little, rocky beach they sit at. With elements of some of the forms she takes during the film. In the background, it's the small Italian town this takes place in.

It's beautiful art, that represents the movie so well. Anyone who has already seen this movie should be voting B.

First and foremost thank you @monsterzebra for bringing all this to us! Awesome to have the option to choose on artwork and that theres a retailer who want to hear what the collectors think of their ideas! Really appreciated your work and to keep us up to date! Really excited for this company and their releases :thumbs::notworthy::drool:

Cover A looks nice but since its the same like the Steelbook its a pass for me. The art works for me because of the colors, not because of the "naked" girl. It looks great and if it would be the only option I would love to cop.

But like @jacobsever said, Cover B is the one to go for. I can't see how its connected to the movie since I never watched but I really love that "old school" feeling on it. It looks like a Hitchcock movie poster to me I don't know why. I really like it and I would be more than happy if they go with this :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

edit: It would be awesome if they Choose Artwork B when they do the "tentacle tree on the rock" or what it is to go around the spine and not leave the spine only black :naughty:

Reactions: monsterzebra
That's already used for the US amaray though.

I can't believe you guys don't like Cover B.

I like this Cover and i voted for this Cover, just said i prefer the other one.:thumbs:
by the way, i haven't seen this movie.......i heard it's like the Italian Version of Let the right one in?!?!

Last edited:
Reactions: BartSimpson
Artistically, Cover B is of course better.
But who wouldn't want a slip with a naked girl on it? Every other industry uses it to advertise or what not. Then why not us? I mean if anything, this is the one of the industries where its useful and should be used :D Remember, "everything is about sex, except sex." :naughty:

I hope they are be coming a Company that cares and listens to its customers opinions. I love the fact that they are running polls on the artwork. If they would do the same reg. finish, slip ect they should call themselves Peoplesarchive :)

Reactions: monsterzebra
Great to see that there's so much interest in this release!! :)

Everybody has their own opinion - of course i have mine too - but i have the feeling that some of you might think i am a direct part of Steelarchive - which i'm not. :LOL:
I'm just forwarding the information i get from them and keep talking a lot to them, that's it. :thumbs:

Also, i just wanted to remind you guys, that Steelarchive is constantly checking this thread to see the responses, and will try to find a way to make as many members happy as possible - even though you can never make everyone happy, especially in this business lol

Another thing i can now tell, is that the Artwork of Cover A has also been approved by Koch Media, so both artworks you can vote for could happen - BUT Koch Media already told Steelarchive that they prefer one of the two artworks...

Just keep on voting guys, the more the better. ;)

Also, i just wanted to remind you guys, that Steelarchive is constantly checking this thread to see the responses, and will try to find a way to make as many members happy as possible - ...

Why such a ridiculous 100 copies print run then ? I don't get it.
The only purpose is to make a lot of collectors frustrated, and scalpers happy.

Why such a ridiculous 100 copies print run then ? I don't get it.
The only purpose is to make a lot of collectors frustrated, and scalpers happy.

Maybe because the company is not that big and this will be their first release, so they might want to check if there's any demand for another company releasing exclusives at all?!
In a market, where you already have quite a lot retailers with exclusive products, wouldn't you be careful in the beginning too?
Would you just buy 2000 steels, put all your effort (and a lot of money) in one release - which is even based on a pretty "small" movie - just to see no one wants it and you did it all for nothing?

I think what they're doing right now is to get some attention first, i would try to build a solid base of customers at first too, and when they see there's a need for more, they will step it up.

This company is just getting started, but it seems you can't see that point, eh?