SSX (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook)(Game Exclusive) [France]

Leshita

Guy Incognito
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Looks like Game.fr is going to be offering an exclusive SSX Steelbook on March 1, 2012. No picture of the Steelbook yet, but the item listing says Steelbook + DLC as their exclusive offer. The price is 66,99 €.

11kle2a.png

PS3 version

360 version

I am pretty excited about this game as I have not really played any snowboarding game since Coolboarders and a little bit of SSX3. The new one looks good based off of the latest trailer. :)
PS3 version also get Mt. Fuji as an exclusive mountain I think.

Attachments

• ssx.jpg
    ssx.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually would have liked it better if the front didnt have the riders on it...just snow and the SSX logo. This would have been a really good one to use some glittery or metalic type of paint to give the snow that "sparkle".

I'm not into snowboarding, so I'm gonna pass. I think the back cover should be the front. It doesn't scream "wow" at me for some reason. Congratulation for those buying.

Not sure. It will depend on whether the dlc is exclusive or not.
I think this gonna become a valuable item over the short term.

Well there are 3 DLCs included:

- Fuji Mountain

- Exclusive Snowboard for one character

- Exclusive Snowboard for another character.

How much are these worth? I'm a n00b when it comes to DLC's. :ohno:

Well if someone would sell the Eddie code that was exclusive to gamestop i would pay about 7-8 dollars for it alone so i dont think that selling the DLC would fetch all that much.

Seems the game itself isn't that good, i will pass on it.

I bought the game day 1 and its awesome, but not perfect by any means. For instance it doesnt have Eddie (unless you ordered at gamestop) and some of the deadly decents are insane to do without the gear (you must do it without gear to get some of the trophies). But other than that the game is fairly good. Its closer to SSX 3 than to SSX Tricky though.

I bought the game day 1 and its awesome, but not perfect by any means. For instance it doesnt have Eddie (unless you ordered at gamestop) and some of the deadly decents are insane to do without the gear (you must do it without gear to get some of the trophies). But other than that the game is fairly good. Its closer to SSX 3 than to SSX Tricky though.

I read a review, and they say no free ride mode, no pipe mode, no multiplayer split screen, the speed and trick are good but seems need to continuously pay attention to not dying because of the obstacle and the track is not large enough. Not fun compared to SSX 3.
What do you think about it, is it really true?

My problem is that I was expecting something more like tricky. I HATED SSX 3 and SSX on tour...yet I consider myself an SSX purist, as in part 1 and tricky. To have just had the tracks with race modes and trick modes would have been great because the gameplay and character developing are in place. The game is just a mess. Still, if you are an SSX fan, you probably shouldn't pass it up. I think a lot of people are turned of by the difficulty of achieving some of the scores/times, but really, it gets much easier when you've leveled up your characters and gotten better gear with stat boosts.

OMG.. finnaly plat this game other day. There is a medal in game for trophy where you need to play in event with 50k ppl online. Ps3 never reached 50k ppl. First week 45k and one day of matinence screwed us. Next week 35k. This week, they had to send 17k BOTs downa mountain so everyone in world could get medal to get trophy so they could get plat trophy!

I digress, I got my SSX steelbook in today along with fem shep steelbook. Anyone notice at all.. on spine the SSX is actually backwards and says XSS? But the spine itself is correct in coralation with background of steelbook and EA on bottom of spine. I found that weird.

.. on spine the SSX is actually backwards and says XSS? But the spine itself is correct in coralation with background of steelbook and EA on bottom of spine. I found that weird.

It's not backwards; it's meant to be read from the bottom-up. I just got my SSX Steelbook in absolute mint condition today from a good friend over at CEo! :oohyeah:

SSX, Saints Row The Third, Crysis 2 Game.fr version and Mass Effect 1 Russia edition are the only 4 video game steelbooks that have their spine title read from the bottom-up. EEK!

Another interesting tidbit about the SSX Steelbook - aside from being EXTREMELY rare (Game.fr exclusive CE, VERY limited quantities) - is that the spine portion consists of a white-plastic strip, and then the Steel spine is pasted on (and if a stickerbook, then the sticker pasted on on top of that steel strip).

That's VERY unique to the SSX Steelbook, it seems - of my 92~ G1 video game Steels, EVERY SINGLE ONE has the spine portion made up of CLEAR plastic, then the steel spine pasted on. Pretty sweet, and just another cool thing to add to this super rare Steelbook! :scat:

Last edited: