Star Trek: Into Darkness - Villain Edition(Blu-ray SteelBook)(Walmart Excl) [USA]

CyberAthlete

Premium Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
Release date: 10th September 2013
Price: $39.99 (in store price during release week - $29.96)
Buy Link: LINK

0003242914110_500X500.jpg

Other artwork:
0003242914110_AV_500X500.jpg

0003242914110_AV1_500X500.jpg

Star Trek: Into Darkness (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Villain Ship) (Walmart Exclusive) (Widescreen)

The following content was provided by the publisher.
When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired), French and Spanish.

Starring:
Chris Pine,
Zachary Quinto,
Karl Urban,
Zoe Saldana,
Anton Yelchin,
Simon Pegg,
John Cho,
Bruce Greenwood
Studio Name: Paramount Home Entertainment
Blu-ray Release Date: 12/31/2013
Rating: PG-13
Format: Blu-ray
Screen Format: Widescreen
Run Time (in minutes): 132 minutes
Language: English
Audio Tracks: AC, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 0.2
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 5.5 x 0.5 x 7.44

Last edited by a moderator:
[Credit goes to CyberAthlete]
Release Date: December 31st, 2013 (possible placeholder)
Price: $39.99
Buy Link: Star Trek: Into Darkness
Notes: Includes 1:50 scale model of villian ship, DVD and Digital Copy
0003242914110_500X500.jpg

Once again the u.s has answered the call for GREAT EXCLUSIVE'S TO COME:drool::drool::drool: everyone will be after this thank god walmart is 24 hour's MIDNIGHT PICK-UP you already know these are gonna go Fast!!!:LOL:

The one that worries me is what am I going to do with a '1:50 scale model of villain ship' - it will be gigantic :eek:

A quick look at the maths says a 1:50 scale of something that is 100s of feet long is going to be too big to get through the door ;)

The bigger the better, this will look awesome on my shelf. Hopefully the dimensions are announced ASAP as I can then try and get my US buddy to get me a copy. I still might double dip with the holland release as I love their white steel.

1:50 Scale???

Is that correct, is that big or small?

This may go fast, I never Pre-order with Wal-Mart but for this and Man of Steel... I WILL!!

Last edited:
Remember someone mentioned the US SteelBook plant is booked full for the rest of the year? Well, we still have another half of the year to go ;)

I will be more excited when I see the overall quality of the steels because so far I was not impressed with Target's Django :(
I have had the best experience with BB.... but I am willing to accept Walmart if they can knock it out of the park! :thumbs:
I just want quality steels :D

The bigger the better, this will look awesome on my shelf. Hopefully the dimensions are announced ASAP as I can then try and get my US buddy to get me a copy. I still might double dip with the holland release as I love their white steel.

You're going to need a bloody big shelf ;)

1:50 Scale???

Is that correct, is that big or small?

Oh, I see...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7D7cO-7kSU

This may go fast, I never Pre-order with Wal-Mart but for this and Man of Steel... I WILL!
!

Very, very big.

A quick google and according to a special feature on the blu-ray then the JJ Abrams Enterprise is 2,379 feet long - that makes the 1:50 scale model over 47 feet in length EEK!

WANT! - ive seen those hot wheels starship models in forbidden planet before, they are maybe 15cm long (theres also a Kelvin, a Bird of Prey and an Enterprise in the latest range)

Hope theres a UK release for this package!

Alright folks, I know we are all excited about this release and all future US SteelBooks but please stay on topic for this and other SteelBook threads. Myself, I am extremely glad that Walmart has decided to pick the villain artwork which, to me, is the first announced release with it. Even more so, I applaud Walmart for showing all aspects of the SteelBook sans the special treatment. In fact I believe Walmart was also the first to show the embossed title for GI Joe:Retaliation steel.

Well US SteelBook collectors - OUR TIME HAS COME!!!

Last edited:
1:50 ratio basically means 1/50 which is equivalent to 2% of the actual size :thumbs:
not very big in my books :p

Yh looking at the video the model isn't going to be huge, existing 1:50 models can fit in your hand. I wonder what scale the end model is in that video, that's huge!

As for the steelbook I think it looks great with the villian being the focus. Much like last two Nolan batman steels with joker being on the Korean and bane/crush bat crowl being on DKR so perhaps there will be a few more Star Trek films to come and each one with have a villian focus steel.

Hmmm the more I think about this package the more I want

Edit:

This is picture if uss vengeance hot wheels 1:50 scale:

Hot+Wheels+Star+Trek+USS+Vengeance+box.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rand and Bluprint