Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Season 1 Collector's Edition Jumbo Steelbook 6 disc set (all 7 seasons will be released as steelbooks with co-ordinated spine art)

Release Date: {param} September 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Special Gift:
Based on Google Chrome translation:
"The Star Trek Pin Collection - exclusive only in the Collectors Edition of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray ™. Each Steelbook Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Star Trek pin in the size of 5cm and a collection code. Enter each code in all 7 seasons just to the manufacturer's website and you end up with the ultimate collection box Pin Each pin is exclusively and only on the new erstelllt Ediition Collector of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray available. Website to register is http://www.startrek.de/tng/.
ST-TNG-2.jpg

2.jpg

For those that received their 1st shipment scratched because the pin was just taped to the front, here is an example of how a replacement was sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this I need! :)

Just need to know the price

Yeah may be one I need to pick up. Would be awesome to have in a steelbook

Oh hell yeah! There finally bringing this series to Blu-ray, it's about time they did. I've been patiently waiting for it to happen. :oohyeah:

The reason it took so long was because it was shot for TV and TV back then, meaning low def and 4:3, I think they may have actually kept the original aspect ratio. In addition to having to remaster the video on the series all the special effects also had to be totally redone. Not a cheap or easy task. It was though for a while that the series may never be released on Blu Ray because of that.

I wonder how far apart they'll release each season from each other? Also most likely it will be region free as it's owned by Paramount.

I believe all Universal and Paramount releases are region free.

The price is good because Amazon.co.uk has the standard version for £51 which works out the same. You might as well order this and comes in a steelbook :)

sanstitre1qhp.jpg

is this bothering anyone else ?? for me using images of the cast from the first season as the side art for these sets is a bit daft and really off putting.

the uniforms are used only in the 1st 2 seasons, worf and geordi only used the red uniform during the first season, wearing gold for the remaining 6 seasons.

then there's Riker's lack of beard, its one of those things associated with the character, again just like the uniforms he spent only 1 of the 7 seasons without a beard.

and i always found the whole cast looked a bit weird in the first season.

personally when i think of tng these aren't the images i think of so to me the choice of imagery seems a really poor one.

i imagine the choice of using season 1 images has something to do with wanting to include tasha on the side. but there definitely would be ways around that.

Last edited:
Reactions: WKRP
sanstitre1qhp.jpg

is this bothering anyone else ?? for me using images of the cast from the first season as the side art for these sets is a bit daft and really off putting.

the uniforms are used only in the 1st 2 seasons, worf and geordi only used the red uniform during the first season, wearing gold for the remaining 6 seasons.

then there's Riker's lack of beard, its one of those things associated with the character, again just like the uniforms he spent only 1 of the 7 seasons without a beard.

and i always found the whole cast looked a bit weird in the first season.

personally when i think of tng these aren't the images i think of so to me the choice of imagery seems a really poor one.

i imagine the choice of using season 1 images has something to do with wanting to include tasha on the side. but there definitely would be ways around that.

I think you are missing the point to why they put the first season images are on there. That is because all of the original cast were there including Lieutenant Tasha Yar and Wesley Crusher who was appearing on and off the seasons. It would not look right to put an older looking Riker with a beard and the thicker uniforms than have Lieutenant Yar who only appeared in the first season with the original slim uniform. That was the original cast and that is how TNG should be remembered as a whole.

Last edited: