Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the jiffy bag-situation limited to the UK or international?
(I guess no one outside the UK has received a copy yet..)

I’m in the states, and they’ve always been shipped in a box. Only issue I’ve had is the scuff on Empire and RoTJ has spine slash (so it’s going back...cuz 20% off isn’t even enough for me to sell it on ebay and get my money back.

Double Jiffy bag for me too, luckily no dents! However lots of thin scratches underneath the paint on the rear of the steel. Nightmare to photograph as it’s black and the finish just reflects everything but they are there. Shoddy from Zavvi again which is a real shame as these steelbooks could’ve and should've been a knockout for them.

Double Jiffy bag for me too, luckily no dents! However lots of thin scratches underneath the paint on the rear of the steel. Nightmare to photograph as it’s black and the finish just reflects everything but they are there. Shoddy from Zavvi again which is a real shame as these steelbooks could’ve and should've been a knockout for them.

The problem isn't Zavvi. The problem is with Scanavo. Something is wrong with the manufacturing of the steelbooks.
They obviously have a problem there. Until they recognize and fix the problem with their equipment they will continue to turn out steelbooks with these "scratch" marks.

Reactions: Bar81
The problem isn't Zavvi. The problem is with Scanavo. Something is wrong with the manufacturing of the steelbooks.
They obviously have a problem there. Until they recognize and fix the problem with their equipment they will continue to turn out steelbooks with these "scratch" marks.
While that may be the case, spine cuts and jiffy bags are Zavvi's doing.

We didn’t buy them from Scanavo. Zavvi is responsible to us... I don’t care if they have to have a talk with Scanavo, that’s none of my business. They should do whatever they feel is right for them.
Stop defending Zavvi, they’re shipping out damaged product in many cases and doing so in packaging that will almost guarantee they are further damaged in transit to us.
They should do better, much better.

We didn’t buy them from Scanavo. Zavvi is responsible to us... I don’t care if they have to have a talk with Scanavo, that’s none of my business. They should do whatever they feel is right for them.
Stop defending Zavvi, they’re shipping out damaged product in many cases and doing so in packaging that will almost guarantee they are further damaged in transit to us.
They should do better, much better.

Stop that nonsense. I was replying to the comment about "scratches" under the gloss on the back of the steelbook. Zavvi never gets to see the back of the steelbook. If you want to blame Zavvi for that, then that's your choice but I'm not and I can defend who I want.

I wasn't referring to the jiffy bags or dents or spine slashes and I didn't mention them.

I expect anybody who isn't happy with the condition of a steelbook or any product to return it and be done with it.