Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No one really comes out of this smelling of roses. From manufacturer > distributor > retailer it's been a humungous disaster.
If you're talking about ESB: it's not a disaster as Zavvi have already informed me and others that they're sending out replacements in October.
If you're grumbling about the double jiffy envelope packaging it should be as clear as the nose on your face that they're temporarily out of white boxes . . . what do you want Zavvi to do - maybe not send out any steelbooks until they get new stock of boxes?

If you're talking about ESB: it's not a disaster as Zavvi have already informed me and others that they're sending out replacements in October.
If you're grumbling about the double jiffy envelope packaging it should be as clear as the nose on your face that they're temporarily out of white boxes . . . what do you want Zavvi to do - maybe not send out any steelbooks until they get new stock of boxes?

If you've been paying attention to the discussion or the wider issues with every single one of the Star Wars 4k SteelBook releases, you'd be well aware I was making a summation of the entire cluster-f**k. My post makes it pretty clear that I was not talking about a singular issue.

I've no idea why you are white knighting on Zavvi's behalf over another of their failures, do you work in a box factory or something?

Reactions: R4FFO and Punker76
Sadly mine hasn’t arrived yet either. Monday hopefully. Had pretty good luck with these so far so hoping it continues!

Considering they act like they're the king of steelbooks in the UK it's surprising to see they're STILL having all these quality control issues with spine slashes.. Running out of boxes to send them in doesn't really help matters either.

They may aswell charge a couple of quid extra and send it in a decent sized box with bubble wrap similar to how international steelbook retailers do it, it will bring their returns/refund rate down a massive amount of they do this and their reputation will increase because these high profile releases getting spared everywhere for spine slashes and jiffy bag deliveries aren't doing they reputation any good

I heard back from Zavvi because my pre-order is still listed on the site as "order placed." Not only did they send all of these out in jiffy bags, but evidently they also went ahead and released this one as scheduled without having enough stock to fulfill all of the pre-orders because they wrote me that they are "still waiting stock and once we have some more, it should be shipped out to you."

It seems I'll be getting part of my original order when some of you are getting your replacements - so I won't get it here in the US until probably October at this point. I'm not bent out of shape about it but maybe they should have just pushed back the release date if they didn't even have enough copies to fulfill every pre-order (and setting aside the entire jiffy bag issue on top of it). For those who missed out, though, hopefully that means there will eventually be more available to purchase at some point.

• Wow
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Mine arrived on Saturday so I'm sorry to hear that some members are still waiting for their copy to turn up; hopefully they will in the next few days, but if it's of any consolation, it's a really nice steel. Mine also arrived in two jiffys but thankfully undamaged. Have taken a few photos but I'm sure better ones will be posted at some point.

IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4223.JPG

IMG_4226.JPG

Zavvi.jpg

Yeah on the left edge near the top as well as the right?

Could just be light but looks like a scuff.