Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting. Like others, I’m fearful it won’t arrive, especially as others have received multiple copies despite only ordering one

Is this true? People who ordered one were sent multiple copies? I guess that would explain why Zavvi hasn’t even fulfilled my pre-order yet.

It’s almost impressive how they are coming up with unique ways to screw up each of these releases.

Is this true? People who ordered one were sent multiple copies? I guess that would explain why Zavvi hasn’t even fulfilled my pre-order yet.

It’s almost impressive how they are coming up with unique ways to screw up each of these releases.
No scrubbedup meant only ordered one while others who have ordered multiple copies some have already received their orders.

Orders dispatch emails was only sent late Wednesday
These would have been collected by royal mail on Thursday

It's only Monday release date a bit early to be worried about delivery

Delivery times in UK will vary some 2-3 days and some 3-7 days

Some post office sorting centres in UK have different amounts of backlog of mail to process

• Thanks
Reactions: JGCramp
No scrubbedup meant only ordered one while others who have ordered multiple copies some have already received their orders.

Orders dispatch emails was only sent late Wednesday
These would have been collected by royal mail on Thursday

It's only Monday release date a bit early to be worried about delivery

Delivery times in UK will vary some 2-3 days and some 3-7 days

Some post office sorting centres in UK have different amounts of backlog of mail to process
No he didn’t, scrubbedup is right. I know of several people that have ordered one copy of a steelbook recently and have received multiple copies. This has been going on since COVID happened (coincidence maybe) but I know it has happened.
just to be clear I am not saying it has happened with Episode 1 (it happened with 1917 and Parasite that I am aware of) but It has been hapeneing and it is yet another screw up by Zavvi who are really having serious logistics issues at the moment.
I received my two copies today in padded bags, thankfully they both arrived ok but Zavvi have really gone down hill recently.

Zavvi offered me 10% back for the damage on mine. I said I wanted a replacement if any were available. They’ve said none available but offered me 20% instead. Not happy with that really but since the damage is pretty minor I’ll just have to accept it since they don’t have replacements.

Well, just carefully checked those hi-res pics from lenticularis, and it looks like those Empire marks are back, along with the edge scuffing from ROTJ, and that back with hairline scratches all over the black part of Anakin. What a garbage show. I've added a few pointers to the marks I can see, and yes, i'm a bit OCD with this sort of thing, and make no apologies about it. I just feel so sorry for those that didn't cancel the remainder of this wave after the horror show with ESB and to some level, ROTJ with all those manufacturing defects, looks like they are here to stay.

I can't wait for the ESB replacements and what screw-ups they will offer.

I am so relieved to have cancelled !

As a side-note, I am also aware that many people have been receiving multiple copies of orders when only 1 item was ordered, someone at avnother forum even said they received 4 copies of Wonder Woman TOC, but only ordered 1.....!, the address labels were identical, showing the same order number. Zavvi are truly in trouble somewhere.

hightist mib 4.jpgIMG_4225.JPG

No he didn’t, scrubbedup is right. I know of several people that have ordered one copy of a steelbook recently and have received multiple copies. This has been going on since COVID happened (coincidence maybe) but I know it has happened.
just to be clear I am not saying it has happened with Episode 1 (it happened with 1917 and Parasite that I am aware of) but It has been hapeneing and it is yet another screw up by Zavvi who are really having serious logistics issues at the moment.
I received my two copies today in padded bags, thankfully they both arrived ok but Zavvi have really gone down hill recently.
Well, just carefully checked those hi-res pics from lenticularis, and it looks like those Empire marks are back, along with the edge scuffing from ROTJ, and that back with hairline scratches all over the black part of Anakin. What a garbage show. I've added a few pointers to the marks I can see, and yes, i'm a bit OCD with this sort of thing, and make no apologies about it. I just feel so sorry for those that didn't cancel the remainder of this wave after the horror show with ESB and to some level, ROTJ with all those manufacturing defects, looks like they are here to stay.

As a side-note, I am also aware that many people have been receiving multiple copies of orders when only 1 item was ordered, someone at avnother forum even said they received 4 copies of Wonder Woman TOC, but only ordered 1.....!, the address labels were identical, showing the same order number. Zavvi are truly in trouble somewhere.
shhh! dont speak so loudly and negatively. The Hut group is just going for a £4.5 billion IPO, wouldn't want to scare the investors. :wow:

only joking, i know such people don't care about this. but it is frustrating that a company who's parent is valued at £4.5 billion can't apparently get the bare basics of logistics, mailing, or staffing right. at all. :ugh:

Reactions: DMD4k and BDDB
Zavvi offered me 10% back for the damage on mine. I said I wanted a replacement if any were available. They’ve said none available but offered me 20% instead. Not happy with that really but since the damage is pretty minor I’ll just have to accept it since they don’t have replacements.

Customer service told me today they are waiting on more inventory because they still haven’t filled my original order (which is really annoying if some people are getting more than they ordered), so I wouldn’t necessarily rush to accept it.

They are also surely going to get a lot of damage complaints due to the jiffy bags and I don’t think they’ll be able to push them all aside with 10% or 20% partial refunds.

shhh! dont speak so loudly and negatively. The Hut group is just going for a £4.5 billion IPO, wouldn't want to scare the investors. :wow:

only joking, i know such people don't care about this. but it is frustrating that a company who's parent is valued at £4.5 billion can't apparently get the bare basics of logistics, mailing, or staffing right. at all. :ugh:
apparently they are doing fine ;) these are lowcost products after all and i dont think it makes sense for them to invest more into quality assurance as the flaws that already make some people return them (like scuff marks or hairline scratches) are practically unavoidable.. i think they already dealt with the current rate of returns by significantly increasing the sales price.. i remember when play.com were selling them at 10gbp? now were constantly at 20-25gbp and they still sell out...

Reactions: DMD4k and Stygian
apparently they are doing fine ;) these are lowcost products after all and i dont think it makes sense for them to invest more into quality assurance as the flaws that already make some people return them (like scuff marks or hairline scratches) are practically unavoidable.. i think they already dealt with the current rate of returns by significantly increasing the sales price. i remember when play.com were selling them at 10gbp? now were constantly at 20-25gbp and they still sell out...
yeah, sadly i appreciate you are entirely right. :ugh:

play.com? ah, memories - great steels, embossed, gloss, affordable....

Well both of my copies arrived today and can confirm that both have the same scrape marks which can be seen in certain angle and exact same line as with Empire and loads of back scratches as with ROTJ. Looks like it's another fine mess we are faced again.
View attachment 484551

Those edge scratches really look awful - even worse than the scuffs on ESB. If that's release-wide then I can't see how they avoid issuing replacements like Empire (which, fwiw, will still probably be scuffed). They really need to postpone all of the future Star Wars releases until these manufacturing problems are fixed.

Was this via the site or Twitter?
Only asking as the site are basically bots, Twitter appears to have CS people that actually know something.
So far Zavvi have been keeping a reserve for each of these releases exactly for the reasons that you mentioned.

Those edge scratches really look awful - even worse than the scuffs on ESB. If that's release-wide then I can't see how they avoid issuing replacements like Empire (which, fwiw, will still probably be scuffed). They really need to postpone all of the future Star Wars releases until these manufacturing problems are fixed.
I guess episode II is done by now. Maybe even III

Mine seems mint on the front. I don't want to inspect it in too fine a detail in case there is some damage. I do however have some fine to medium scratches on the back, most noticeably on the flat black area of Maul's hood. I'm sick of Zavvi's customer service so cba contacting them.

One thing that does annoy me, and I'm not sure if this is a design/print issue or what, but on the front all of the areas that are meant to be black are a dull or even lightish grey. It stands out awfully against the other trilogy and is defintely a mistake. I think its a design issue as when you compare the top edges or even just open the steel out flat, the rear has proper blacks compared to the edges of the front poster.

I missed out on this steel, but had the other 2 pre-ordered, but based on the fiasco of this release and the fact it doesn't look like it will ever come back in stock, I'm thinking of cancelling the other 2

Just checked mine and those edge scuffs are there too. I hadn’t noticed before. They are in the same place as the Empire steelbook so it looks like this is definitely something wrong with the production machine - whichever one they are using for these Star Wars steels anyway. Very faint scratches on the back like ROTJ as well. I’ve given up trying to find mint versions of these.

Oh well, at the set will be consistent with all the matching scuffs and scratches. Well worth the £330. Thanks again Zavvi!:thanks:

Mine turned up this morning, guess I was one of the lucky ones as all mine have been fine apart from ESB.

Attachments

• 15995608588953510160997396562736.jpg
    15995608588953510160997396562736.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 118
  • 15995609495278263325864432997234.jpg
    15995609495278263325864432997234.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 104