Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi asked me to return mine for a replacement from their surplus of stock

...I don't think it's worth the hassle, seeing as they all seem to have the same imperfection much like Empire.

They told you they have surplus stock right now? My preorder still hasn't been filled and they told me on Monday they have no copies left to fulfill it but more are eventually expected. I'm figuring based on what others have wrote is that maybe they didn't have enough to fill all the preorders because some people who ordered one got multiple copies. This all seems a bit farcical right now. If they are telling people they can get replacements before filling preorders that's just messed up.

Zavvi asked me to return mine for a replacement from their surplus of stock

...I don't think it's worth the hassle, seeing as they all seem to have the same imperfection much like Empire.
I got delivery this morning
Steelbook has no scratches anywhere on mine
So it's not all steelbooks affected like empire

They told you they have surplus stock right now? My preorder still hasn't been filled and they told me on Monday they have no copies left to fulfill it but more are eventually expected. I'm figuring based on what others have wrote is that maybe they didn't have enough to fill all the preorders because some people who ordered one got multiple copies. This all seems a bit farcical right now. If they are telling people they can get replacements before filling preorders that's just messed up.
They did, I thought some people hadn't had theirs.

It's likely I'll send it back and they won't have any stock. So weird.

Reactions: JGCramp
Well, that’s me done. Zavvi gave me the standard offer of 15% refund for the slashed spine. I replied saying I wanted a replacement, which was completely ignored. I then sent a further message to say I wanted to return it as damaged, guess what, return label emailed to me! Slipcover editions bought, not bothered about 4K, so even cheaper with the current offer at 2 for £15.

Ebays going to be choc a block with these for a long time.

If you really wanted them, I'd be waiting it out and pick them up even cheaper down the road......

Got my copy today - it appears to be mint. But I'm not feeling confident enough to unseal it.

sw3a.jpg

Just like others have reported, I received this and two Kong: Skull Island steelbooks in double jiffy bags. It's the first time I got steelbooks in this packaging from Zavvi.

sw1.jpg sw2.jpg

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Folks will be fine with the double jiffy bags. Titans of Cult titles and Collector's Editions are sent to the U.S. and Canada in double jiffy bags and they're showing up in fine condition. Those outer plastic cases on the TOC titles are quite fragile and they aren't being crushed so your steelbooks should be fine.

Reactions: JGCramp
Folks will be fine with the double jiffy bags. Titans of Cult titles and Collector's Editions are sent to the U.S. and Canada in double jiffy bags and they're showing up in fine condition. Those outer plastic cases on the TOC titles are quite fragile and they aren't being crushed so your steelbooks should be fine.

I had my ToC arrive here in the States in the 2 jiffy bags and it was delivered to my building at the bottom of two stacked mail bins. So there was quite a bit of weight pressing right down on it and I was shocked to still find it in perfect condition. So I am a bit more hopeful now about the PM steelbooks arriving intact with all their glorious scuff marks.

Reactions: Stygian
Drop-dead gorgeous artwork with the best art in the collection belonging to the prequel trilogy so hoping my copy arrives shortly and undamaged like this one:-

Pic courtesy Steelbookpro
1599697124525.png