Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 21, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 25 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general release - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

C78F1C8C-A58B-40B4-9C81-B7369C7CCA3B.jpeg

D29DA155-8A8C-4C18-BE2A-66A1ADED1D38.jpeg
3EE33454-B0C2-42DF-BC06-336DF7017781.jpeg

Last edited:
it was impossible to buy the steelbook within 22hrs :naughty:
It is if you forget about it :shipped: stupid deadline had my attention elsewhere all day.
Oh well, it it comes back up I’ll order it, if not such is life.
Tbh, and I mentioned it elsewhere, my interest in the steelbook side of collecting has really diminished over the past year or so and I’m only really dipping in if there’s something really special from a film or series that I specifically collect. Star Wars, of course, would be right up there and I’ve ordered the first 4 released but I’m still having that internal arguement as to whether I actually “need” to buy these.
Really it would only be for the artwork (as I could buy the complete 4K box set for a fraction of the price) but eventually they will end up sideways on the shelf along with all the others.

Reactions: Mararagan
from wiki:
In 2002, Attack of the Clones became the third film to be released that was shot entirely on a 24p digital camera (preceded by 2001's Jackpot and Vidocq).[22] The cameras record in the 16:9 HDCAM format (1080p),
If the film was shot in 2K, what's the point of releasing 4K UHD? How could the picture quality be better than Blu-ray?

A lot of movie are shot in 2K actually... The picture is better thanks to the HDR.

HDR is about dynamic, not resolution ;)
But a lot of 4K releases are just upscale like DMD4K said.
And 35mm movies are closer to 4k resolution than 2k. Movies shots in digital 1080p are the worst (in term of resolution) cause they will get stuck in their time. Upscale alright but you cant create pixels who doesnt exist! :)

Reactions: DMD4k
from wiki:

If the film was shot in 2K, what's the point of releasing 4K UHD? How could the picture quality be better than Blu-ray?

actually it's not just about resolutions, 4K UHD discs also benefit from HDR (High Dynamic Range) and also WCG (Wide Color Gamut - more colors so to speak)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get HDR in non 4K content as well as HDR screens that aren’t 4K.

WCG is part of the HDR spec.

actually it's not just about resolutions, 4K UHD discs also benefit from HDR (High Dynamic Range) and also WCG (Wide Color Gamut - more colors so to speak)

I prefer the HighDefDigest reviews - mainly because they are easier to understand. Though the result (and content) is the same.

Also worth noting that 4K discs have improved sound as well, which is useful for anyone with a home cinema system.

Last edited by a moderator: