Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...yeah if they're seriously using the teaser poster art i'll cancel the epIV steel and happily stick with my trilogy steels. I don't think they would we that dumb though?!

Reactions: Leafs17
A Game of Star Wars (GoSW)....

The rules are for GoSW:
a) Current new wave steelbooks of ANH sold out to 3.5K distribution:
  • 1.5K purchased by hardcore avid steelbook collectors;
  • Of which 12 of them have strong opinions on consistent titles in a consistent art form given there may be 11 released;
  • The rest was sold to Star Wars fanatics that don't care either way but must have everything in their collection
b) ESB is released with 3.5K distribution also:
  • Darth Vader teaser only poster art;
  • Not a cool as a poster that follows ANH iconic style;
  • Pre-order is available before ANH is in people's hands
Lets play GoSW...
  • How many sales lost on both ANH & ESB, if ESB being a sh*tty poster compared to what could have been?

• Probably 24 sales or less, as Fanatics bought the majority :thumbs:
  • Everyone's a hypocrite and will keep the orders regardless ;)
  • It's close to 7K worth of sales, it's going to just sell :hungry:
  • It's Star Wars original trilogy, it's going to shift, regardless :D
BTW, this is not supposed to be offensive, I admire people voting with wallets. I really want ESB a I don't own the previous releases, but not with lesser art choices.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Stygian
Artwork of the steelbook has not been shown yet

Twitter post was using the Fox teaser image from 1979 to promote the 1980 film release

I would wait until wee see the actual steelbook artwork that will be known once the Zavvi link is provided
Steelbook could be using the 1979 teaser image or the theatrical poster image that was used on release in May 21st 1980

I really don’t know why people keep thinking they are going to use floaty darth Vader head. They aren’t, it wouldn’t be consistent with ANH and yes I know consistency isn’t Disney’s or Zavvis strong point, but it just won’t be that art. They’ve zoomed in on his head from the background as a teaser. That is all. It’s bound to be this art I’m sure of it

BF63D544-5240-4162-811A-8305B47ABC41.jpeg

I really don’t know why people keep thinking they are going to use floaty darth Vader head. They aren’t, it wouldn’t be consistent with ANH and yes I know consistency isn’t Disney’s or Zavvis strong point, but it just won’t be that art. They’ve zoomed in on his head from the background as a teaser. That is all. It’s bound to be this art I’m sure of it

View attachment 471675

View attachment 471675
Zavvi twitter post is using the zoom in image of the 1979 fox teaser image that's why the twitter post has the stars in the backround
Empire-Strikes-Back-3504.jpg

I expect though front artwork of the 4K steelbook will be similar with slight differences in cropping that was used on the back of the 2015 steelbook
Also possible will have differences than 2015 steelbook to match the original poster colour

2015 stellbook back artwork
02.jpg

Zavvi twitter post is using the zoom in image of the 1979 fox teaser image that's why the twitter post has the stars in the backround
View attachment 471677

I expect though front artwork of the 4K steelbook will be similar with slight differences in cropping that was used on the back of the 2015 steelbook
Also possible will use different colour than 2015 steelbook

2015 stellbook back artwork
View attachment 471678
I agree

Reactions: paulboland
Serious question: Does anyone here have a direct line to someone at Zavvi who is responsible for securing steelbooks?

We are ALL dead against a floating space head steelbook so if it does turn out to be art would it be possible to at least try to get this changed before it goes into production??

I just can't see a situation where Zavvi would tease the release using an image not featured on the steelbook. I hope I'm wrong though

Serious question: Does anyone here have a direct line to someone at Zavvi who is responsible for securing steelbooks?

We are ALL dead against a floating space head steelbook so if it does turn out to be art would it be possible to at least try to get this changed before it goes into production??

I just can't see a situation where Zavvi would tease the release using an image not featured on the steelbook. I hope I'm wrong though
It’s very highly unlikely it’s going to be that art mate. As @paulboland and I have said in previous posts, it’s likely to be the classic poster art. Paul can tell you more. But I’m 99.99% certain it won’t be the floaty head art. If it is I will give my entire steelbook collection away! Just to be clear, if it is, I won’t really give my collection away! :LOL:

As for trying to change the artwork, highly unlikely Zavvi can do anything about it at this stage now. It’s very likely all the artwork has been approved. But it will be fine, trust us! As for someone with a direct line..... try @paulboland - he works for them !! :LOL::rofl:

It’s very highly unlikely it’s going to be that art mate. As @paulboland and I have said in previous posts, it’s likely to be the classic poster art. Paul can tell you more. But I’m 99.99% certain it won’t be the floaty head art. If it is I will give my entire steelbook collection away! Just to be clear, if it is, I won’t really give my collection away! :LOL:

As for trying to change the artwork, highly unlikely Zavvi can do anything about it at this stage now. It’s very likely all the artwork has been approved. But it will be fine, trust us! As for someone with a direct line..... try @paulboland - he works for them !! :LOL::rofl:
:rofl: :LOL:
I don't work for Zavvi :p
Never have done
I used to work as a buyer for a independent record store Crestchart and later as buyer with Our Price/Tower Records/Chapters

I do know an employee who I used work with in Our Price/Tower Records that ended up working for Zavvi but he left Zavvi a few years ago

I get the info from other sources when I do get it and it's not from Zavvi direct

I'm in the dark about what the steelbook artwork will be just like the rest of us and won't know what the steelbook will look like until the zavvi link is provided