Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided it was way to early for me to get up to buy these, but I happened to wake up at 5AM, so I got all 3 as well as TFA. I assume they’ll do this again for the first 3. I don’t like the movies, but might as well get them all if they’re available. I just hope these have good colors and are glossy. Some bossing would be nice too. Really surprised this sold out before IV, given that I think V sold out much more slowly during the original on sale.

Yes I know it’s a magnet, but at this point I don’t know if it fits the original steel perfectly or not. Also not sure how annoyed I’ll be with it if it keeps getting stuck on adjacent steels...
I've never had a lenti magnet steel stick to the one next to it. I have over 2 shelves worth and never been an issue

Reactions: DMD4k
At first, i was like everybody, i hated the fact that they went for this artwork instead of matching the other movie posters so i decided to pass on this one, even if that decision haunted me for some time because i can't stand an incomplete set but it was sold out despite the fact people didn't love it..
So i was surprised to get the zavvi mail and went for it after all, either that or to live with an incomplete set lol

Reactions: CleverLoginName
At first, i was like everybody, i hated the fact that they went for this artwork instead of matching the other movie posters so i decided to pass on this one, even if that decision haunted me for some time because i can't stand an incomplete set but it was sold out despite the fact people didn't love it..
So i was surprised to get the zavvi mail and went for it after all, either that or to live with an incomplete set lol
I know what you mean. However I'm glad I couldn't make it at round two today. If I could have, I likely would have (bought it, too). Instead I'm now with only six out of seven. Feels incomplete, man. :giggle:

Reactions: Mararagan
Decided it was way to early for me to get up to buy these, but I happened to wake up at 5AM, so I got all 3 as well as TFA. I assume they’ll do this again for the first 3. I don’t like the movies, but might as well get them all if they’re available. I just hope these have good colors and are glossy. Some bossing would be nice too. Really surprised this sold out before IV, given that I think V sold out much more slowly during the original on sale.
Why do you buy movies you don't like?

Reactions: williamhamson
Why do you buy movies you don't like?
To be clear, I like the ones I've purchased. I'm not big on Ep 1 (I'd really like to see the fabled Phantom Edit). Ep 2 is Ok if you skip roughly every other chapter (i.e. the ones with Anakin and Amadala) and I kinda thought Revenge was OK. I liked Ep 8, though i didn't think it held up as well the 2nd time through. Ep 9, to me, was a mess, but I'm pretty sure I'll get them (assuming the art is good).

Reactions: MM3
Silly question, and it’s none of my business, but why would you spend £120 on premium editions of four movies that you don’t like? I know we’re all collectors here, but personally can’t see the logic in what is tantamount to a waste of money.

No disrespect intended, just genuinely curious as to why you’d drop that much money on something you don’t like. The psychology behind it all interests me...

Reactions: MrSquifler
Silly question, and it’s none of my business, but why would you spend £120 on premium editions of four movies that you don’t like? I know we’re all collectors here, but personally can’t see the logic in what is tantamount to a waste of money.

No disrespect intended, just genuinely curious as to why you’d drop that much money on something you don’t like. The psychology behind it all interests me...
I guess the same reason as with many people here, who collect steelbooks because shiny, and dont care about actual film that much. Hence all the crying about design, and refusing to buy amazing 4k films because of design lol.

I like the art. I'll watch the prequels at least 1x (though again, I'm skipping every other chapter on AoTC, more than likely) and I'll watch RotS straight through. If a year from now I decide don't like them enough to keep, I can sell them.
Honestly, how is it different from all the people who bought out Captain Marvel almost instantly, despite the fact that it appears to be a disliked film (though not by me)? I'd rather get this in the US, but I don't know if it will come here with this art.

The only movie that I think completely failed was Rise of Skywalker, which is a shock, because I love virtually everything JJ touches, but I'll probably get it anyway....maybe I'll change my mind. I didn't like Fellowship of the Rings in theaters and now I love it (but no I don't expect that to happen).