Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't cancelled, I sold my pre-order on ebay as it's just as much as the hassle of returning an item to Zavvi.. almost feel sorry for the mug who bought it

I haven't cancelled, I sold my pre-order on ebay as it's just as much as the hassle of returning an item to Zavvi.. almost feel sorry for the mug who bought it

You could have just cancelled your order with Zavvi. It only takes a minute and it's processed immediately.
They haven't charged for it yet and it won't be shipped for another week.

Reactions: Mararagan
I just hope that the reaction to this release has shown that there are a lot of people ready to pay for a release with the Gone With The Wind style poster.

For now, I stick with the blu ray steelbook, which is also kinda rubbish tbh.

I just hope that the reaction to this release has shown that there are a lot of people ready to pay for a release with the Gone With The Wind style poster.

For now, I stick with the blu ray steelbook, which is also kinda rubbish tbh.
What reaction? It sold out.

(Faster than A New Hope too!!)

What reaction?

Have you been asleep for the last 2 months? Sold out or not there was a hugely negative reaction. It selling out has zero bearing on a potential future release.
have you been asleep for the last 2 months? it's sold out!
it's star wars ...all steelbooks will sell out.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
What reaction?

Have you been asleep for the last 2 months? Sold out or not there was a hugely negative reaction. It selling out has zero bearing on a potential future release.
The reaction has zero bearing on future releases you mean?

Zavvi's profit margins say otherwise.

Blame Black Lives Matter if you must blame anyone.

In 2020 out of sensitivity to BLM HBO pulled GONE WITH THE WIND for its racial stereotyping even though the film has been attacked for years for its depiction of slavery.
In 2020 out of sensitivity to BLM Disney pulled the "Gone With the Wind" Style A STAR WARS V poster for the steelbook because the original poster design was missing African American actor Billy Dee Williams who'd complained to Fox that he wasn’t featured on the poster despite his contractual billing in the film and contractual guarantee to be on promotional posters for the film.
The Style B Darth Vader poster replaced it and became the official main poster with the Vader character voiced by the African American actor with the great voice James Earl Jones.

--------------------------------- V ---------------------------------------------------- VI ---------------------------------- IX (TBC) ---------------------------------------I
1595681136529.png
/
1595679186925.png
+
1595680441943.png