Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you. Finally after over 1000 posts some said what so many of us have been thinking.

Also, in honour of so many posts for such a crappy release, I thought I would list a recap of the 1100 posts just for anyone coming in late. Just to think, it all started so innocently.
  1. Yay, good times, best Star Wars film, can't wait. Great artwork options for this one. ANH looks great so surely this will match up.
  2. What the heck is that teaser Zavvi have released? Surely it can't be the Darth Floaty head poster right?
  3. Oh it really is the Darth Floaty poster. They are just messing with us. They will likely change it.
  4. This is an outrage, I demand Zavvi/Disney change it this instance.
  5. But this artwork is better. So is this one... and this one. For the love of God, change the f*****g artwork!
  6. F*** me, they are really not changing the artwork. That's it, I'm done with steelbooks.
  7. I'm cancelling my ANH pre-order as well.
  8. But I will pre-order this one just in case.
  9. There must be a reason why they have chosen this artwork (copyright issues/Black Lives Matter/Disney want to mess with us/the designer was stoned)
  10. Repeat stages 4-9 over and over again in whatever order you like for the next 500 posts.
  11. It's despatched (gulp).
Who knows what the next 1000 posts will hold. Tune in again for the next instalment of the Darth Floatygate scandal.

gonna have a laugh if they use the Kastel poster for the rumored best buy steelbook, but the spine for that one doesn't match the other 8 zavvi ones because the 4K UHD logo is different.

Tell me more?

i said 'rumored,' but i suppose i should've said 'presumed' or 'conjectured' (as it's based on incomplete information)

lots of hopes that best buy will sell a a similar line for North America.

my thinking is that if they turn the artwork in later than they did for the manufacturing run for zavvi, they might justify using the Kastel art in place of disco vader.

Royal Mail using COVID as an excuse to sit on their arses!

Been a postie with Royal Mail for nearly 30 years and can honestly say the past 4 months have been hell. :(

Worked all through lockdown (wasn't really given a choice) no ppe, social distancing impossible and parcel volumes through the roof with people sat on their arses ordering everything online.

So please accept my apologies if your steelbook arrived late. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Been a postie with Royal Mail for nearly 30 years and can honestly say the past 4 months have been hell. :(

Worked all through locked (wasn't really given a choice) no ppe, social distancing impossible and parcel volumes through the roof with people sat on their arses ordering everything online.

I got mine last week. I'm in Ireland.

Anyway, I was joking. Don't take it to heart.

If you take a wet sponge and wipe it over the front art, it turns into the GWTW poster art. Rumor is that if you do that to Jedi, it turns into the Revenge of the Jedi Poster art.

Reactions: Shark

Worked all through lockdown (wasn't really given a choice) no ppe, social distancing impossible and parcel volumes through the roof with people sat on their arses ordering everything online.

As a fellow UK citizen, just wanted to say thankyou. Britain would not have got through the past six months if it was not for front line workers like Nurses, Doctors, Supermarket Employees, Couriers.
I’m sorry to hear about the lack of PPE and I hope it gets better for you.

The postman has been and gone...

Did no one get delivery today? Did a strict 3rd Aug delivery order get put on this?

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83