Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It baffles me as to why Disney chose this artwork after the superb ANH, so I thought I would put my many years of industry experience to good use and come up with the following theories as to why.
  1. They asked three different employees to create a steelbook design for each film.
  2. The art director left his laptop open while working from home and their 5 year old submitted artwork option number 38 for approval.
  3. They furloughed all the art staff after ANH was designed and they asked Marv the janitor to do ESB.
  4. The art staff were so happy with the feedback from ANH that they got stoned while making ESB and thought the floaty head was "Raaaad Maaaan".
  5. Their decision making when it comes to steelbooks is solely based on the answers they receive from a magic 8-ball.
  6. Disney are just major pr!cks who think we will just buy any old sh!t because it has Star Wars written on it.
Answers on a postcard please.

you only have to google empire strikes back poster to get lots of amazing examples. its like whoever designed this hates their job and purposely delivered the worse case scenario.

its spiteful.

Reactions: Leafs17 and vexred
It baffles me as to why Disney chose this artwork after the superb ANH, so I thought I would put my many years of industry experience to good use and come up with the following theories as to why.
  1. They asked three different employees to create a steelbook design for each film.
  2. The art director left his laptop open while working from home and their 5 year old submitted artwork option number 38 for approval.
  3. They furloughed all the art staff after ANH was designed and they asked Marv the janitor to do ESB.
  4. The art staff were so happy with the feedback from ANH that they got stoned while making ESB and thought the floaty head was "Raaaad Maaaan".
  5. Their decision making when it comes to steelbooks is solely based on the answers they receive from a magic 8-ball.
  6. Disney are just major pr!cks who think we will just buy any old sh!t because it has Star Wars written on it.

all plausible. Particularly 1, 2, 3, 4,5 annnd 6

So basically they could have done the same to their art team which they did for the new sequel trilogy. Get a person to do each new film, and the middle one will be so bad they'll fire the other person and get the person who did the first artwork back for the last one.

Wow...I could actually believe this

guys how do you insert gifs?

You have three ways of doing it:

1- Click/tap on the "insert" button then select Giphy, the rest is pretty self explanatory.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 23.22.27.png

2- If you have a link to a preferred gif and want to share it in your post, click/tap on the "insert image" button,

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 23.25.01.png

select the "link" icon, paste your link in the box and hit the "insert" button.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 23.25.30.png

3- If you have the gif file saved on your device, hit the "attach files" button,

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 23.27.34.png

locate the gif file, wait for it to upload (maximum size 2 Mbs) then insert it as a "full image".

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 23.29.30.png

Nail and coffin spring to mind...

well that’s just shy of £330 saved as I won’t be collecting these Steelbooks now that this is what they are launching for ESB

Reactions: MM3
Hmmm could it be Zavvi already agreed to use the “Gone with the wind” artwork? but in a clever ploy released this artwork knowing the backlash.
They would then look like heroes by announcing a change of artwork?

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
So basically they could have done the same to their art team which they did for the new sequel trilogy. Get a person to do each new film, and the middle one will be so bad they'll fire the other person and get the person who did the first artwork back for the last one.

Wow...I could actually believe this

In that case don't be too optimistic for the third steelbook. They will get the first person back who will do a great job again, but the executives will interfere and cut it to shreds because their half baked minds think they know better, leaving it to be a pale imitation of was originally envisioned. Disappointing the vast majority of such a devoted fan base, and crippling what once was such a successful and lucrative franchise. They will then decide to release the artwork director's original cut because, well why not, we could do with the extra cash. Also that's what the magic 8-ball told them to do.

Hmmm could it be Zavvi already agreed to use the “Gone with the wind” artwork? but in a clever ploy released this artwork knowing the backlash.
They would then look like heroes by announcing a change of artwork?

don’t give me hope lol

it really doesn’t make sense why they would get rights to ANH and not go for the rights for similar art of the 2 next films.