Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently a guy who goes by the name of Bluishsquirrel can make Steelbooks. Surely if theres an order big enough from the majority of us, we can make that a possibility if Zavvi don't change this one?
Afaik you dont need to have a big order. He prints on a Steelbook you provide (or buys one himself).

Apparently a guy who goes by the name of Bluishsquirrel can make Steelbooks. Surely if theres an order big enough from the majority of us, we can make that a possibility if Zavvi don't change this one?

He prints on steelbooks with a UV flatbed printer. Quality is OK. he def wont be able to reproduce an organic steelbook.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
If it annoys me enough when I have it in hand I’ll just go with a magnet.

Missing out on a complete set is too powerful. Zavvi knows they have us by the balls.

Reactions: Deckard
Yeah,and who knows if a new set will ever be released with the original artwork,
and even if it does,it'll propably use the alternative group shot poster for ANH,instead of Conan Luke (which I love).

If it annoys me enough when I have it in hand I’ll just go with a magnet.

Missing out on a complete set is too powerful. Zavvi knows they have us by the balls.
I assume collecting is a hobby... supposedly something you do because it gives you a sense of reward? something you can admire. Collecting things you dislike makes no sense. its counter productive and will eventually destroy your hobby when you realise you don't even like your collection.

The only way around this is, you know, be selective. the Star Wars: episode v- the empire strikes back (4k+2d bluray zavvi exclusive steelbook) will always be considered low value and undesirable by collectors, so why collect it?

avoid and send a message that steelbook collectors demand better

Discless?
Yeah I guess it would be but we could still order this Zavvi one for the discs and to have the slip.

Afaik you dont need to have a big order. He prints on a Steelbook you provide (or buys one himself).
He prints on steelbooks with a UV flatbed printer. Quality is OK. he def wont be able to reproduce an organic steelbook.
Its gotta be better than this steaming pile of wank right? Even if its just the front cover that we can attach ourselves.

I assume collecting is a hobby... supposedly something you do because it gives you a sense of reward? something you can admire. Collecting things you dislike makes no sense. its counter productive and will eventually destroy your hobby when you realise you don't even like your collection.

The only way around this is, you know, be selective. the Star Wars: episode v- the empire strikes back (4k+2d bluray zavvi exclusive steelbook) will always be considered low value and undesirable by collectors, so why collect it?

avoid and send a message that steelbook collectors demand better
I definitely don’t hate the art as much as some people here do (it actually looks pretty okay on the vinyl OST cover).

It’s just a heck of a lot easier (and cheaper) to buy it now at retail, see it in hand and make a decision on keeping it down the road than it would be to skip this in ‘protest’.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I’m sorry but whoever moans about the art then goes “...but I’ve stuck a preorder in” are mindless drones

I hate to attack someone based on what they buy with their own money but it shows companies like Zavvi that we’ll eat s*** and like it ruining it for the rest of us who will stand our ground

Just don’t buy, wait, and they’ll end up doing another wave you know they will

We complain about bad art but we don’t do anything to change it. Vote with your wallets for once.

Is there any info at all on what amaray version with slips will be released in the UK? I'm curious if they'll use the same artwork as they got in the states, (where the artrwork actually makes consistent sense), or use the same artwork as the steels we're seeing.