Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gone with the wind was gone for how long? A week?

Which explains why it was used for the Laser disk back in the 90s.
If you ban films with racism and slavery and take statues down of people that have been involved in it aren't you trying to wipe it out of history trying to put your head in the sand and try and pretend it never happened. These things should be kept there so we can see what terrible things we've done and to learn from it so we can change.

Reactions: Cyberpunk88
If you ban films with racism and slavery and take statues down of people that have been involved in it aren't you trying to wipe it out of history trying to put your head in the sand and try and pretend it never happened. These things should be kept there so we can see what terrible things we've done and to learn from it so we can change.
There doesn’t need to be statues of Hitler for everyone to remember what he did, feel like the same applies to many other statues, we don’t need them

Oh can't wait...

What the hell is this from? It killed me

There doesn’t need to be statues of Hitler for everyone to remember what he did, feel like the same applies to many other statues, we don’t need them

nothing wrong with them being in museums tho. It’s still history (whatever the statue is for). That way you’re choosing to go in somewhere to see them and not out in the open

We do need them but maybe not as heroes on display for pigeons to poop on them in open spaces . . . better in museums with an explanation attached of the other activities they were involved in which enriched them and which is not alluded to on public statues.

The discussion in the recent pages raised one question for me: With a franchise as huge as Star Wars, do you think there still is one person who actually knows all these details, e.g. which poster was used when, where, for how long etc.? I mean not from the top of their head, but a person who can look it up and give a definitive answer? Something like an official Star Wars master archivist? If not, wouldn't that be a position that needed to be filled ... like ... right now?! ;)

The discussion in the recent pages raised one question for me: With a franchise as huge as Star Wars, do you think there still is one person who actually knows all these details, e.g. which poster was used when, where, for how long etc.? I mean not from the top of their head, but a person who can look it up and give a definitive answer? Something like an official Star Wars master archivist? If not, wouldn't that be a position that needed to be filled ... like ... right now?! ;)

Paul splits his time between Arrow, Zavvi and Disney Star Wars. He’s uploaded his brain in transcendence to their rigs

Last edited:
It wasn't banned. It's on HBO MAX right now (and has been for weeks).

Reactions: MrSquifler

The taking down of statues started in my home city of Bristol with the removal of Edward Colston’s statue. The plaque at the base of the statue described him as a “Virtuous man”, which heated the debate for its removal YEARS before its eventual downfall.

Now the statue is down nobody is “trying to wipe it out of history trying to put your head in the sand” - it’s being put in a local museum where it belongs. It will be joined by all the protestor placards which were collected from the base of the plinth.

The history you’re referring to should be remembered and reflected upon, but not commemorated.

Anyway, let’s get back to “disco Vader head” :)

1595922678717.gif