Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines arrived and I can't see any of those marks on mine albeit I haven't opened it yet but I think they'd be visible even under the wrap. I did think mine had different scratches on it though but I'm pretty sure they're on the wrap

My copy of this one just turned up, and luckily without defect. Trust the ugliest to arrive on time, and my favourite to be lost to the sands of Naboo.

Reactions: Punker76
Mine's got the exact same scratches... was gonna request a replacement, but guess there's no point if it's a widespread issue.
Got one of my two today, and yes, the exact same marks as everybody else, it's clear as mud that every one of these has the same issue...:mad: The marks aren't that easy to see, unless in some kind of direct light, but a double disapointment in many respects. I think we're just going to have to live with it, or return for refund. I doubt replacements will be any different...(n)
With those multiple horizontal scratches on my copy looks like a major manufacturing defect . . . definite reprint needed . . . Entertainment Store's JACK REACHER - which had a minor single vertical line as its manufacturing defect - was reprinted.
Sh!t quality control . . . maybe the dispatch section of the warehouse is staffed either by robots or zombies.

On the other hand maybe they've gone for the distressed poster look with fold lines as seen also on those marvel recent Marvel steels ...
View attachment 480451 View attachment 480453
... but I think not.

Yep, same scratches here too. F**king useless quality checking

Mines arrived and I can't see any of those marks on mine albeit I haven't opened it yet but I think they'd be visible even under the wrap. I did think mine had different scratches on it though but I'm pretty sure they're on the wrap
I didn't notice mine until I opened it. They're like fine surface scratches... you can't even feel them, but they're clear as day once the light hits it at the right angle. It's almost as if they're actually printed into the artwork.

I didn't notice mine until I opened it. They're like fine surface scratches... you can't even feel them, but they're clear as day once the light hits it at the right angle. It's almost as if they're actually printed into the artwork.

I didn’t see them under the shrink wrap either. But then again I open everything so I most likely barely looked until it was open. But yeah very noticeable the second it was opened

Got one of my two today, and yes, the exact same marks as everybody else, it's clear as mud that every one of these has the same issue...:mad: The marks aren't that easy to see, unless in some kind of direct light, but a double disapointment in many respects. I think we're just going to have to live with it, or return for refund. I doubt replacements will be any different...(n)
Yes, postlady has just delivered mine.

At first I thought it was ok, but then when I held it a certain way in the light I could see the same scratches as everyone else. So not bad enough to get exchanged (and what's the point if most are like it anyway), but I will seek a partial refund.

Yes, postlady has just delivered mine.

At first I thought it was ok, but then when I held it a certain way in the light I could see the same scratches as everyone else. So not bad enough to get exchanged (and what's the point if most are like it anyway), but I will seek a partial refund.
I want a partial refund to cover the cost of the magnetic cover I was going to get for it anyway!

I didn’t see them under the shrink wrap either. But then again I open everything so I most likely barely looked until it was open. But yeah very noticeable the second it was opened
I'm usually the same, but the box it arrived in was a little worse for wear, so I did a full check of the steel before unwrapping and didn't notice a single scratch with the wrap on.

They probably scanned the original poster for the steelbook and the scratches are poster cracks /scratches that came through!!! :rofl:

Serves them right for ignoring the backlash! :p

• Haha
Reactions: BluCrazy2
guys, you only got scratches on the front please ? and the back is fine for everyone ?
still waiting for mine.
Thanks for your answers.

Mine arrived an hour ago and after not initially noticing any problems I unwrapped the steel and to my horror noticed these scratches. A friend directed me here as he saw others have the same issue.

Attachments

• B89CE889-5FB1-4E61-88EF-BD1ACBA35A0E.jpeg
    B89CE889-5FB1-4E61-88EF-BD1ACBA35A0E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 204
  • 96BE59F7-9D35-40A1-A15F-63B4F3990EAB.jpeg
    96BE59F7-9D35-40A1-A15F-63B4F3990EAB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 206
  • 38D9AA1B-46A9-4A10-9A09-09B14A8A4ECC.jpeg
    38D9AA1B-46A9-4A10-9A09-09B14A8A4ECC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 182
When you think a release cannot get any worse: Disney you've outdone yourselves on this :thumbs:

Great films always deserving of sh!tty steelbooks and even worse finish.... great, just great.

Another reason to print off another x3500 as replacements, muppets.

I can’t believe that anyone is disappointed (scratches or no scratches). A bag of poo is still a bag of poo.
You disappoint me if you think that horizontal hairline tramline scratches - especially noticeable on a dark steelbook - makes no difference to what is after all a decent steelbook in its own right.
20200803_065337_resized.jpg

Last edited: