Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Zavvi,

I think the steelbook that I haven't yet received will be damaged when it arrives. Could you please send a full refund and a replacement steelbook with the art that I want (see attachment)?

Thank you.

i just received my steelbook ... the scratches are barely visible. it depends on the light. Not sure I would have see it if I was not aware of the issue.

i just received my steelbook ... the scratches are barely visible. it depends on the light. Not sure I would have see it if I was not aware of the issue.
Mine is the same - didn't notice them until I saw the photos in this thread. That said as @paulboland mentions - they're much more visible if you take the cellophane off.

I applied for a job at Zavvi once but they rejected me because I wasn’t up to scratch.
Maybe you just looked like the same 9 colleagues you'd work with, where they were looking out for that 1 standout candidate that people would positively talk about...

"The situation with THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook has been resolved with the manufacturer and replacements have been ordered to replace all damaged copies. As a longtime valued customer we are sending you an advance copy of the new steelbook. Please find attached to this email the new steelbook image which we hope you will be happy with and as a gesture of goodwill I would ask you to please keep the damaged copy to dispose of as you see fit" ...

View attachment 480549

... is not the message I expect to be reading next week

damn-you-mofo.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Genuinely impressed someone would know this.

No reason to be impressed - just looked across my shelves.

For the sealed steels collector: if for example looking for early release UK steels - say from 2008-2012 - it's worth pointing out which were originally sold under cellophane (useful to ensure that you don't get palmed off with a re-seal under shrinkwrap:-
SWEENEY TODD (tradewide)

TRANSPORTER 3 (HMV Exclusive)
CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON (tradewide)
GLADIATOR (tradewide)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (tradewide)
GREEN ZONE (tradewide)
PRINCE OF PERSIA - both releases (HMV Exclusive)
PREDATORS (Play.com Exclusive)

PoTC: ON STRANGER TIDES (HMV Exclusive)
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (Play.com Exclusive)
CARS 2 (HMV Exclusive)

WAR HORSE (HMV Exclusive)
ISLAND OF LOST SOULS (tradewide)
COMPANY OF WOLVES (tradewide)
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (tradewide)
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS (tradewide)
THE LIFE AND DEATH OF COLONEL BLIMP (tradewide)
THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC (tradewide)

Shrinkwrapped steels always in the majority in the UK with only a tiny minority cellophane wrapped since the first one SWEENEY TODD in May 2008 which just happens to be the only one shrinkwrapped over the cellophane in order to hold the Play.com Exclusive "A Look Behind the Scenes" booklet.

Nice to see what appears to be a perfect example . . . leads me to hope and that whatever machinery was involved in scratching many of the others was repaired in time so that only a limited number were scratched out of the reported 3,500 printed and that the majority are perfect.
Hopefully all that's needed to resolve the issue is a limited reprint.

Maybe that's being too optimistic and the fault wasn't discovered until after the majority were printed ...

Reactions: Masta Norris
Chased up Zavvi CS on Twitter, they replied that they’re still waiting to hear back from the warehouse..... what they’re hoping for the warehouse to report back is unknown.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Chased up Zavvi CS on Twitter, they replied that they’re still waiting to hear back from the warehouse..... what they’re hoping for the warehouse to report back is unknown.
That's just the cock and bull they're selling to everyone.

I've been offered 30% refund on two copies. I'm thinking of taking it....... because I really can't see anything else happening here.