Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do we have any idea of a time line for these replacements? I take it nothings been mentioned since......?
The email you got from Zavvi said from October

Zavvi email sent to customers
Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team

A bit slow but I was just clearing my spam email and saw an email from Zavvi saying they will send a replacement for the steelbook only to replace all order on this?

We don’t have to contact their CS right? As that is something that I would really like to avoid for my sanity

A bit slow but I was just clearing my spam email and saw an email from Zavvi saying they will send a replacement for the steelbook only to replace all order on this?

We don’t have to contact their CS right? As that is something that I would really like to avoid for my sanity
Yep. Your email should read like this (BIB answers your question):

Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

• Thanks
Reactions: toratora
Yep. Your email should read like this (BIB answers your question):

Kind regards,

I didn't get this email and I ordered some.

Did you have to make a fuss to CS to get this email?

I didn't get this email and I ordered some.

Did you have to make a fuss to CS to get this email?
Email was sent on August 27th
Email header Order Update

Check your previous emails Zavvi Order Update
Some Email providers might have put in spam/junk folder
Some junk folders messages get deleted after 14 days with some email providers.

All customers who ordered and previously got dispatched email will be getting a empty replacement steelbook

No need to contact Zavvi as all customers who ordered are getting a replacement

Estimate October for when will be dispatched to customers

Can someome tag me if this comes back in stock its been 46 days since mine was sent and i been offered a refund or replacement, they dont know when they will have stock back.
So was thinking maybe i just take refund for now and buy later or pick up elsewhere.
I remember a steelbook i forgot to order last year waited and waited with never showing up. I buy one off ebay for higher price then a week or two later they had them back up and to this day still have them.
As this is part of a set its obviously one i will need even though its the worst of the bunch.
I know they mentioned about replacement steelbook only for issues with current but. They said they would have more but not sure when.
I feel it it comes back up again my chances of this will be greater than the others.

Good news is that the petition worked and the art will be changed on the replacements ...

View attachment 485541

... bad news is that info is a untrue

Let's not get carried away. Yes, the choice of art on ESB is unfortunate but there were other mistakes made. The biggest one is them them butchering logos. I get what they're trying to do by making it uniform but it's revisionist history using a logo that isn't even the original "Star Wars" logo (using the alternate "Star Wars" logo isn't necessarily wrong but it's not right either. BUT if you're going to use the alternate logo, why fill it in so it no longer resembles the alternate logo and then use random border colors that are made up - purple for Star Wars - wtf? And why exclude Rogue One and Solo from the logo consistency - yes they're not "mainline" entries but they're in the Star Wars universe as well - Rogue One's last scene is literally where Star Wars starts).

There's only one "Star Wars", what is now referred to as Episode IV; everything else is in the star wars universe but it's not "Star Wars" in big text. Don't believe me, let's ask Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox:

Star Wars Original Poster.jpgESB Alternative Poster.jpgROTJ Poster_IMDB.jpg

There is a "Star Wars" in teeny tiny type around the actual ESB and ROTJ logos but it sure as heck ain't the logo.

Let's just accept reality, they're never going to get this right because they need to have a super nerd in charge and not corporate suits, which will never happen. Our 94+ pages of bitching also won't change that. That's why I'm thankful there are now options to fix those mistakes; it's better than being stuck with suboptimal choices.

Having said all that, this was an excellent effort by Disney/Zavvi. They got way more right than wrong and this set of steelbooks blows away the previous utterly ****** Star Wars steelbooks. It's just too bad with all the production and shipping screw ups - those are unacceptable.

Yes, joking while complaining at the same time. It's gotten real old - not targeted at virkia, just in general. I'm simply pointing out that changing the ESB art doesn't actually fix all the things wrong with this set.

Let's not get carried away. Yes, the choice of art on ESB is unfortunate but there were other mistakes made. The biggest one is them them butchering logos. I get what they're trying to do by making it uniform but it's revisionist history using a logo that isn't even the original "Star Wars" logo (using the alternate "Star Wars" logo isn't necessarily wrong but it's not right either. BUT if you're going to use the alternate logo, why fill it in so it no longer resembles the alternate logo and then use random border colors that are made up - purple for Star Wars - wtf? And why exclude Rogue One and Solo from the logo consistency - yes they're not "mainline" entries but they're in the Star Wars universe as well - Rogue One's last scene is literally where Star Wars starts).

There's only one "Star Wars", what is now referred to as Episode IV; everything else is in the star wars universe but it's not "Star Wars" in big text. Don't believe me, let's ask Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox:

View attachment 485593View attachment 485590View attachment 485591

There is a "Star Wars" in teeny tiny type around the actual ESB and ROTJ logos but it sure as heck ain't the logo.

Let's just accept reality, they're never going to get this right because they need to have a super nerd in charge and not corporate suits, which will never happen. Our 94+ pages of bitching also won't change that. That's why I'm thankful there are now options to fix those mistakes; it's better than being stuck with suboptimal choices.

Having said all that, this was an excellent effort by Disney/Zavvi. They got way more right than wrong and this set of steelbooks blows away the previous utterly ****** Star Wars steelbooks. It's just too bad with all the production and shipping screw ups - those are unacceptable.
RE: TITLES - Unlike with 98% of these gorgeous steelbooks there's little consistency on the posters taken as a group:-
1600297877652.png
1600298027555.png
1600298153703.png

1600298774858.png
1600298361707.png
1600298451013.png
1600298573942.png

1600298701176.png
1600298874934.png

... unlike on the steelbooks which are mostly uniformly excellent:-
1600299842505.png

RE: TITLES - Unlike with 98% of these gorgeous steelbooks there's little consistency on the posters taken as a group:-
View attachment 485620 View attachment 485621 View attachment 485622
View attachment 485627 View attachment 485623 View attachment 485624 View attachment 485625

View attachment 485626 View attachment 485628

... unlike on the steelbooks which are mostly uniformly excellent:-
View attachment 485630

If you like a butchered common alternate logo with non-sensical logo outline colors for each title and ignoring Rogue One and Solo, sure there's some consistency but it still looks like **** imo. Why use the original poster art but not the original logos? If conformity is the goal, why not conform the art as well as the logos - make art for each title in the same style? It's a mess. And changing ESB's front doesn't change any of that.

Well after not waiting for this any longer coz I thought it got lost in the mail it arrived out of the blue today! Lol a month and a week after....and yeah same damage as pretty much every body...funny thing is I just told zavvi about getting a replacement...a total mess...as for the Steelbook it’s not that bad in person but I get it that is not uniformed with the rest of the saga.
I totally forgot I requested a replacement for my copy I thought got lost and showed up way later, now I got stucked with 2 damaged copies til they send the new batch with “no damage “ lol