Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought maybe, just maybe, the reason they pushed Rogue One back a week was to squeeze in production and shipping of the replacement Empire steelbooks on the 26th but perhaps not.

I thought maybe, just maybe, the reason they pushed Rogue One back a week was to squeeze in production and shipping of the replacement Empire steelbooks on the 26th but perhaps not.

Not directed at you personally but I'm continually amazed by the seemingly eternal spring of hope everyone is drinking from despite Zavvi's history of screwing up just about every aspect of this set of SW SBs.

At this point what I'm seeing is the equivalent of an abused spouse hoping against hope your partner will change despite a proven history of them not giving a ****.

• Wow
Reactions: GoDo
Lots of people are quite mean about Zavvi, but while they have their faults I must say I am thankful they exist. They are one of the last sellers of steelbooks/home media in the UK and are managing to run a business successfully from it. HMV has struggled over the years, Zoom only offers limited releases and Amazon has significantly reduced its disc-based offerings. Zavvi is no more expensive than other retailers, the packaging is pretty good - or at least in line with others - and their returns policy is beyond the minimum requirements for the UK.

Reactions: Bunk
Lots of people are quite mean about Zavvi, but while they have their faults I must say I am thankful they exist. They are one of the last sellers of steelbooks/home media in the UK and are managing to run a business successfully from it. HMV has struggled over the years, Zoom only offers limited releases and Amazon has significantly reduced its disc-based offerings. Zavvi is no more expensive than other retailers, the packaging is pretty good - or at least in line with others - and their returns policy is beyond the minimum requirements for the UK.

Pretty generous considering some of us have had every single Star Wars steelbook arrive damaged. As for their returns policy, it's miles away from the likes of Amazon. Try getting a replacement for something that went missing in the post, they'll have you performing like a circus animal!

Reactions: MrSquifler
The thing is, HMV struggle because they're primarily a store based company Zavvi is online only. Zoom doesn't get as many steelbooks because Zavvi or Amazon tend to buy them exclusively for retail.

Pretty generous considering some of us have had every single Star Wars steelbook arrive damaged. As for their returns policy, it's miles away from the likes of Amazon. Try getting a replacement for something that went missing in the post, they'll have you performing like a circus animal!

ive only ever has one thing go missing. And they refunded me the day after I requested it.

most companies do not have a return policy like Amazon. That’s an unfairly high bar.

The thing is, HMV struggle because they're primarily a store based company Zavvi is online only. Zoom doesn't get as many steelbooks because Zavvi or Amazon tend to buy them exclusively for retail.
I’ve been collecting long enough to remember play.com. They didn’t have a high street presence but still got out of the physical media game.

Not directed at you personally but I'm continually amazed by the seemingly eternal spring of hope everyone is drinking from despite Zavvi's history of screwing up just about every aspect of this set of SW SBs.

At this point what I'm seeing is the equivalent of an abused spouse hoping against hope your partner will change despite a proven history of them not giving a ****.
Feel dirty for even considering to back Zavvi up, but this one might not fall entirely on them.
Yes, they stated the replacement copies were going to be shipped out in October but it’s not Zavvi who are producing these - if the reprints haven't been made yet or shipped to Zavvi then clearly they won’t be able to send them out to the customers.

For all we know, they could of been given wrong information by the guys who made the steelbooks that the replacements would be sent to them in October and for whatever reason that hasn’t happened yet.

I got a slashed spine with my copy and I contacted Zavvi when I first got it to request a replacement. Seeing here that we are getting replacements I didn't follow up on it and like everyone else, been waiting patiently. I've decided to follow up on the silence and have sent Zavvi the following message. If I get a response I'll post here.

"Hi, I'm just contacting you to find out what is going on with this item? Shortly after receiving the item, I requested a replacement due to the spine being cut. I was told by yourselves that it will be investigated. I have not yet had a reply to the investigation results. I have heard via a forum that all people who ordered this item will get a free replacement, due to manufacturing problems and the human incompetence of using sharp blades to open boxes of these delicate Steelbooks. As I have had nothing but silence from yourselves regarding the matter, I'm just trying to find out what is going on and when are we getting our replacements? Kind regards, Lester."

I got a slashed spine with my copy and I contacted Zavvi when I first got it to request a replacement. Seeing here that we are getting replacements I didn't follow up on it and like everyone else, been waiting patiently. I've decided to follow up on the silence and have sent Zavvi the following message. If I get a response I'll post here.

"Hi, I'm just contacting you to find out what is going on with this item? Shortly after receiving the item, I requested a replacement due to the spine being cut. I was told by yourselves that it will be investigated. I have not yet had a reply to the investigation results. I have heard via a forum that all people who ordered this item will get a free replacement, due to manufacturing problems and the human incompetence of using sharp blades to open boxes of these delicate Steelbooks. As I have had nothing but silence from yourselves regarding the matter, I'm just trying to find out what is going on and when are we getting our replacements? Kind regards, Lester."
You should have gotten an email from them regarding their replacement program.

I thought everyone who placed an order got an email.......?

I got mine. (email, not replacement yet)

All who had a order dispatched got an automatic email sent on August 27th
The email header just has Order Update

Your email might have gone into spam/junk folder with your email provider if was not in your inbox

If you keep all emails just do a search under Zavvi order update

This was the email that was sent on August 27th

Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team

• Thanks
Reactions: Lester