Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to finally have an update! Still don't understand why they continue to completely ignore the situation on their social media though.

Good to finally have an update! Still don't understand why they continue to completely ignore the situation on their social media though.
It’s the age old tactic of if you have nothing to say then don’t say anything at all.
In this day and age it doesn’t really work anymore but you can’t get that through to everyone.

It’s the age old tactic of if you have nothing to say then don’t say anything at all.
In this day and age it doesn’t really work anymore but you can’t get that through to everyone.
Even expressing that would've been useful though... at least then we'd have some clue as to whether they were still awaiting a solution or not.

But anyway, obviously doesn't matter now and I'm glad things eventually got sorted! Unless of course the replacements arrive with another issue. :ohno: :p

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Got the email aswell now hoping they will sort out the missing solo copies not many seem to be receiving.
They don't seem to want to take any action on that until Friday - the 2 week anniversary of the despatch emails going out. Well, by the sounds of it, they are going to get a LOT of enquiries come Friday...

A point I made earlier in this thread. Especially when they had initially said that the replacements would be sent out in October. Once it was clear that wasn't going to happen, all they needed to say was that it has been delayed and that they are awaiting an update on a revised date. Simple, but stops people having to ask.

Reactions: MrSquifler
I still wish they had offered the option for partial refunds instead of all replacements. All I'm going to do is transfer a magnet from one to the other. I would have rather had 20%ish refunded.

Reactions: MrSquifler
I still wish they had offered the option for partial refunds instead of all replacements. All I'm going to do is transfer a magnet from one to the other. I would have rather had 20%ish refunded.
AFAIK, I got a refund and I’m getting a replacement. I certainly got an email saying they’d send me a replacement.

Same for me. I got a refund and I got the e-mail that they will send the replacement soon. But I also got response from the support telling me there won't be a replacement because I received the refund which I never wanted to have ^^ At this point I have no ieda what they will do...

Same for me. I got a refund and I got the e-mail that they will send the replacement soon. But I also got response from the support telling me there won't be a replacement because I received the refund which I never wanted to have ^^ At this point I have no ieda what they will do...
With Zavvi, who knows? :pompus::droid:

I also received a mail from zavvi that I would get a replacement although I did not contacted them that my received copy was not oke, at least I do not see any flaws
what do you guys think
nfqcmlirl.jpg

u9xaak5bcmek.jpg

I will not be charged for this replacement when I did not ask for it ,will I ?

I also received a mail from zavvi that I would get a replacement although I did not contacted them that my received copy was not oke, at least I do not see any flaws
what do you guys think
nfqcmlirl.jpg

u9xaak5bcmek.jpg

I will not be charged for this replacement when I did not ask for it ,will I ?
Nope - they contacted everyone that had ordered, as they had arranged for a general replacement programme for everyone once they realised the extent of the problem. Probably easier and less admin involved than asking people whether they want or need a replacement.

No way! There are spine slashes on your empire replacement?! That’s crazy WTF?
Why wouldn’t there be? They are shipped to Zavvi in boxes too.

Considering all other issues that the replacement of the replacement could have, it ain’t that bad lol

Received mine today, completely unexpectedly. Opened assuming it was TROS, ended up being empire. There are 2 spine slashes however, so I'm mid requesting a replacement for my replacement :rolleyes: :rofl:
Take the front and rear covers off the new replacement you just received with the spine slashes and swap them with your original copy.

Its easy to do......

Only just realised I got the replacement case today! Seems ok at a quick glance. Replacement is slightly blacker than the damaged copy I have which has a slight bluer tinge

Considering these aren’t sealed I'm surprised there aren’t any marks or finger prints on mine