Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can’t bring myself to buy this awful steelbook and therefore the whole original trilogy. I’m downgrading my blufans for FA, TLJ and RO since they won’t be bringing one out for RoS or Solo and I’d like my set to match. I’ve got the play.com steelbook for the original trilogy so that will just have to do.

Reactions: mikeab07
My replacement just arrived and even with the defect I think my first copy is in better shape than the replacement in terms of those hairline scratches you almost always get with glossy steelbooks

Can't believe they sent these out just in the cardboard mailer with no additional protection :facepalm:

Got one of my two replacements. Sliding around the box with no protection and can’t believe it’s perfect. Why one at a time is anyone’s guess. Must be Royal Mail spacing them out. Good luck with yours guys. Just noticed slight scuffing to the top corners on the folded edge. Oh well....

Anyone noticed the differences between the original run and the new run?

My original has more “pearl” type effect speckles throughout than the new ones. Also one of my new ones is basically Purple compared to the Blue of the original when tilted under direct light.

Also looks like the original is just a bit “Blacker”.

Excuse the finger prints.

88A86F82-3F3C-4676-A265-A8246FB92FB4.jpeg
8A1D8DA5-8303-4DC0-BDB4-7278BD3BB61A.jpeg

Reactions: Noodles
I compared my two because Flloydo had already mentioned something about it being different

But both of mine look identical. I guess everyone's is different.....

Anyone noticed the differences between the original run and the new run?

My original has more “pearl” type effect speckles throughout than the new ones. Also one of my new ones is basically Purple compared to the Blue of the original when tilted under direct light.

Also looks like the original is just a bit “Blacker”.

Excuse the finger prints.

View attachment 492099View attachment 492100
Was just coming to make a similar comment... my copy came through this morning and upon comparing them both the original definitely has blacker blacks and bluer blues. The overall image seems sharper too IMO.

Thankfully my replacement doesn't appear to have a single scratch/mark on it though (typical that a sealed steelbook arrives battered and bruised, but an unsealed one arrives in perfect condition lol), so I'll obviously be keeping that over the faulty one.

I prefer the blacker And pearlier original but I quite like the more purple hue on the replacement I got.

The problem I have is that my original really didn’t have much wrong with it. The lines in the top left are so faint I can hardly see them even under direct light.

Which to keep...

I prefer the blacker And pearlier original but I quite like the more purple hue on the replacement I got.

The problem I have is that my original really didn’t have much wrong with it. The lines in the top left are so faint I can hardly see them even under direct light.

Which to keep...
I just ordered another 12% off to hopefully get a mint one sealed. Still chance of sealed perfect(from what I can see) set.

No shrink wrap, mine arrived. Scratches under light but none that dig into the paint. Same sort you see on cars I guess.

I'm not too bothered as I didn't care for a replacement anyway seeing as I just cover it with a magnet

Did Zavvi send the dispatch email for replacements? I haven't received mine, neither the dispatch email yet.
No dispatch notification email to me but replacement arrived yesterday in tip-top condition and even though it's so very different to the other ten and has been a massive talking point for over a hundred pages compared to sixty for the next highest and thirty odd for the next ...
1606353768288.png

... in reality it's not an embarrassment and looks just fine amongst the others in this handsome collection.

Reactions: yelin0318
Did Zavvi send the dispatch email for replacements? I haven't received mine, neither the dispatch email yet.
No. Everyone that ordered originally just got sent a generic email last week stating that they had received the replacements and would be sending them out over the next few days:

"We previously reached out to you to advise we will be sending a replacement case for the steelbook as we were aware some cases arrived damaged.

We now have stock available and will be aiming to dispatch the replacement steelbook case over the next few days."

Reactions: yelin0318