Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what people will receive if they ordered one during the restock yesterday? An original with defects or a the new version just sealed with discs and J-Card....

Got mine, a few small scratches but nothing like the original. Just having to accept that the money sunk into this collection hasn't resulted in a pristine collection. I mean I'm not a collector in the truest sense, more a movie fan who likes a nice version of favourite films (so I open my steels) but, yeah, this has not been a great run really. Just the errant Solo to hopefully arrive one day and its over.

Noticing small under-paint scratches on a lot of recent releases, some in fairness do need a bit of scrutiny to see but there's definitely a wider quality control issue which is a bit poor considering the ticket price for most 4k steelbooks just now.

I got delivery this morning my replacement case
Mint condition

No difference in artwork colours on mine but did note slight difference in gloss finish

Original is slighty more glossy but at first glance look the same

• Informative
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
I’ve now got 3 of the replacements and all three are slightly less Black than the original. It could be the level of gloss making the black look ever so slightly less vibrant. Not sure but the new 3 just don’t quite look as strong on black as the original.

Think I’ve finally decided I’ll keep the original one after looking at them all again today.

So replacement arrived today...while the front is much improved the spine has a brand new slash...ah zavvi you really are a **** nugget

Attachments

• PXL_20201126_131201371.jpg
    PXL_20201126_131201371.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
  • PXL_20201126_131126653.jpg
    PXL_20201126_131126653.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • PXL_20201126_131151902.jpg
    PXL_20201126_131151902.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 181
I received a replacement steelbook case today that i didn't even ask for!!!

Anybody that purchased this SteelBook will receive a replacement case without requesting one.

Just imagine the uproar if people had to request a replacement instead. People would have said it should be shipped automatically.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I've got my replacement loose in the box and it has two big chips on the front. My original copy arrived with the spine slashed. I guess that's going to be another chat with Zavvi CS later. Oh joy! :banghead:

Anybody that purchased this SteelBook will receive a replacement case without requesting one.

Just imagine the uproar if people had to request a replacement instead. People would have said it should be shipped automatically.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Really? This is still in stock they must of printed a bazillion copies of this or gotten a ton of damaged returns.
Rouge One, Episode 2,7,8, and 9 Are also all IN STOCK

Really? This is still in stock they must of printed a bazillion copies of this or gotten a ton of damaged returns.
Rouge One, Episode 2,7,8, and 9 Are also all IN STOCK
Did you not read the email Zavvi sent all customers a few months ago that pre ordered the steelbook in May 2020
Have you not been paying any attention in this thread to what's been happening past few months in regards to this steelbook :p :rofl:

Scanavo arranged to re make the whole batch of steelbooks of Empire Strikes Back due to a manfacturing error when making the steelbook

All customers who pre ordered got a email telling them they was getting a replacement empty case steelbook with no need to contact Zavvi to get one
The replacement empty case has no discs or jcard it's just to replace the previous dammaged steelbooks customers received

When a whole batch is remade there would be a % left over for the distributor to add discs and Jcard so that is why it's still in stock

Did you not read the email Zavvi sent all customers a few months ago that pre ordered the steelbook in May 2020
Have you not been paying any attention in this thread to what's been happening past few months in regards to this steelbook :p :rofl:

Scanavo arranged to re make the whole batch of steelbooks due to manfacturing error

All customers got a email telling them they was getting a replacement empty case steelbook
The replacement empty case has no discs or jcard it's just to replace the previous dammaged steelbooks customers received
I guess not, my 2 copies when I received them I didn't notice any defects but were and are still sealed. I will certainly take another look later at them!

Does every copy in entire print run have a "manufacturing error?"
I did notice a lot of members complaining about imperfections but I haven't been back to this thread in a very long time and must have missed that Zavvi email.

Guess I'll be on the lookout for 2 free empty cases in the mail. TY @paulboland sorry about being clueless as to why ESB is in stock. I get frustrated when info gets rehashed in forums, sorry :bag::bag::bag:

Reactions: paulboland
I guess not, my 2 copies when I received them I didn't notice any defects but were and are still sealed. I will certainly take another look later at them!

Does every copy in entire print run have a "manufacturing error?"
I did notice a lot of members complaining about imperfections but I haven't been back to this thread in a very long time and must have missed that Zavvi email.

Guess I'll be on the lookout for 2 free empty cases in the mail. TY @paulboland sorry about being clueless as to why ESB is in stock. I get frustrated when info gets rehashed in forums, sorry :bag::bag::bag:
Majority of the original batch has the scratch marks underneath the gloss finish that is why scanavo agreed remake the whole batch of the original print run
Can be easy to not notice the scratch marks under certain light conditions and when kept sealed

Some photos when taken can look as if there is no marks even though the actual steelbook does have them

In some cases you have to tilt the steelbook and have good light conditions to see the marks
The multiple scratch marks are in the same place on each steelbook affected

If you ordered and paid for 2 steelbooks from the original pre order in May then yes you will be getting to 2 empty steelbooks cases in the post

The Zavvi emails the message header in regards to this is simply order update so if you not be reading these emails you may have not noticed the 2 emails zavvi sent about Empire Strikes Back
An in that email is said all customers will get replacement steelbook case free of charge even if the customers thinks the steelbook they have is not damaged
Due to the nature of these marks some customers might not noticed so it was decided to give all customers a replacement empty steelbook case even if there are some instances of a steelbook not having the marks

Reactions: Jaxxx