UK
Release date: April 8th, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

81uPY9+xFrL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would prefer quality/premium finish tbh on this rather than debossing, especially as we are looking at at least 3 discs maybe even a bonus 4th disc per Steel.

Glad that it's making an appearance though and 2 triples will keep costs down, although 6 Steels would also be nice. Studios will never win especially as far as Star Wars is concerned.

Glad that it's making an appearance though and 2 triples will keep costs down, although 6 Steels would also be nice. Studios will never win especially as far as Star Wars is concerned.

To be honest im shocked they did not come out sooner..... then a year later they give us 6 individual steels EEK! :naughty: :hilarious:

Like the art on this one better too. I'll buy this just to complete the set. Never saw the prequels and in no hurry to. I think I enjoy the bashing more than I would seeing the actual films.

Love the Star Wars films but I am not crazy about the inside art. Sounds like I am in the minority.

Actually I don't like the inside art for this one either. If I will sell my complete saga and buy the original trilogy steelbook, I don't think I will be buying this. But I guess it's depends on the price.

So it's Yoda (on the cover of this trilogy) versus Vader (on the cover of the first trilogy)

I dunno, I'm just not sold on the Artwork for these. :dunno:

Seems lazy IMO. They could've had such kick ass cover artwork for both instead of picking just two close-ups of random individual characters.

Think I'll be sticking with my 9 disc boxset (these will probably be the bare bones 3 disc versions aswell) unless they plummet in price some day.

They just don't do it for me.

I am so having one of these - space is a premium for me so a decent single with more than one movie in it always wins for me, so glad they aren't single releases - now just need the eps 4-6 confirmed or it'll be lonely on my shelf.
Speaking of the original trilogy - I'd be right assuming its the 'special edition' versions, not the original prints?

Okay, just seen other thread with original trilogy :)

Last edited: