STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I'm far from a nature nut, that's another reason I can't find a girl around here. Every one of them is (or claims to be) a hardcore outdoors person. I love the scenery and the nature, but I'm more of a sit by the lake and read books person. I have no interest in over night backpacking trips, hunting, or riding horses.

My biggest problems with MoS had nothing to do with him not being like Reeves' Superman. It was more that they didn't sufficiently flesh out Clark Kent. I mean Lois knew his secret identity the first time she met him! They spent the entire first part setting up Zod rather than setting up Superman. The airplane scene in Superman Returns might be my favorite action scene from a Superman movie.

That movie does come out on my birthday. I went ahead and ordered it. My nephews will enjoy watching it again.

I'd imagine there would be a lot of nature nuts in Montana lol. Great scenery though! I don't do the backpacking, camping or hunting thing either. And there is no way anyone is getting me on a horse lol.

I can see that. I don't think Snyder is big on the secret identities thing, and I know he's not big on superheroes conversing with each other. He made a weird comment about how he thought people supposedly wouldn't be able to take a guy dressed as a bat and another guy with a big S on his chest having a conversation seriously. It was so weird I thought he had to be joking, or if not I couldn't figure out why he'd want to be directing a super hero movie. But I guess I digress lol, I did really like how Zod was setup in Mos, which is why he's one of my top 5 comic book movie villains, he's probably even in my top 3. I also really liked the chemistry between Amy Adams and Cavill, and her knowing who he is probably helps on why I like it so much, especially in BvS. I also really like how Clark isn't made out to be a bumbling fool, I think it worked great back in the 70's and earlier but I much prefer how he at least seems like a normal guy now. But I'd like to see more from Clark for sure. The airplane scene from SR is one of my favorites, its so good its almost tear jerking. All these Superman movies have the ability to make my cry, its making me look like a big b**** :LOL:.

I hope I enjoy it too. There is just this part of me that resists every time I watch a kiddy movie, I just don't feel comfortable as a grown man watching them :rofl:.

Finally got around to seeing Wonder Woman tonight.

My first viewing thoughts are I thought it was good, not great. I absolutely loved Gal as WW, even way more than I thought I was going to. Action scenes were great, I loved pretty much all the Themyscira scenes. I was a bit concerned about a movie so heavily focused on the Amazonians there might not be much for me to relate to as a guy, but I thought Steve Trevor was awesome! But I definitely feel like they wanted to go with an early MCU movie type of vibe, and I'd say Cap 1 is a lot what they were shooting for. Action scenes were great but I do think they may have gone a little over board on the slo-mo stuff. During my first viewing I felt the movie was lagging during quite a few parts. The weakest part for me probably would be the villain (I don't want to spoil anything for Lou), I think they did an okay job setting it up but I felt the ending almost felt a little too much Suicide Squady, as in a lot of cgi stuff flying around lol. As of now I'd rank it behind both Mos and BvS, but ahead of Suicide Squad. I definitely don't feel it deserves a 96 on RT while BvS gets a 25 or whatever. I did like it more than Logan though! I think its my favorite movie of the year so far. I still didn't see GotG2 though.

I'd imagine there would be a lot of nature nuts in Montana lol. Great scenery though! I don't do the backpacking, camping or hunting thing either. And there is no way anyone is getting me on a horse lol.

I can see that. I don't think Snyder is big on the secret identities thing, and I know he's not big on superheroes conversing with each other. He made a weird comment about how he thought people supposedly wouldn't be able to take a guy dressed as a bat and another guy with a big S on his chest having a conversation seriously. It was so weird I thought he had to be joking, or if not I couldn't figure out why he'd want to be directing a super hero movie. But I guess I digress lol, I did really like how Zod was setup in Mos, which is why he's one of my top 5 comic book movie villains, he's probably even in my top 3. I also really liked the chemistry between Amy Adams and Cavill, and her knowing who he is probably helps on why I like it so much, especially in BvS. I also really like how Clark isn't made out to be a bumbling fool, I think it worked great back in the 70's and earlier but I much prefer how he at least seems like a normal guy now. But I'd like to see more from Clark for sure. The airplane scene from SR is one of my favorites, its so good its almost tear jerking. All these Superman movies have the ability to make my cry, its making me look like a big b**** :LOL:.

I hope I enjoy it too. There is just this part of me that resists every time I watch a kiddy movie, I just don't feel comfortable as a grown man watching them :rofl:.

You will love the first scene when Batman shows up in Lego Batman, I guarantee it.

Interesting that Zod is one of your favorites, I guess I need to watch that movie again. The only two villains that I ever really liked were Ledger's Joker (because he did such an amazing job) and Loki (since he's about the only movie villain that we've got more than one movie out of). I think Superman movies make you want to cry because while watching them you realize that he's truly your favorite superhero and then you feel like you're cheating on him and yourself by pretending that Batman is your favorite. ;)

Finally got around to seeing Wonder Woman tonight.

My first viewing thoughts are I thought it was good, not great. I absolutely loved Gal as WW, even way more than I thought I was going to. Action scenes were great, I loved pretty much all the Themyscira scenes. I was a bit concerned about a movie so heavily focused on the Amazonians there might not be much for me to relate to as a guy, but I thought Steve Trevor was awesome! But I definitely feel like they wanted to go with an early MCU movie type of vibe, and I'd say Cap 1 is a lot what they were shooting for. Action scenes were great but I do think they may have gone a little over board on the slo-mo stuff. During my first viewing I felt the movie was lagging during quite a few parts. The weakest part for me probably would be the villain (I don't want to spoil anything for Lou), I think they did an okay job setting it up but I felt the ending almost felt a little too much Suicide Squady, as in a lot of cgi stuff flying around lol. As of now I'd rank it behind both Mos and BvS, but ahead of Suicide Squad. I definitely don't feel it deserves a 96 on RT while BvS gets a 25 or whatever. I did like it more than Logan though! I think its my favorite movie of the year so far. I still didn't see GotG2 though.

I 100% agree with your review, especially the comment about the villain and the ending. I also found it amusing that it ended with
a guy named Steve sacrificing himself by flying off in a plane loaded with WMDs...that sounds oddly familiar. The scene where she charged across no-man's land followed by her taking out all the soldiers in that town was awesome though.
Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite so far and even that wasn't perfect. I'm actually really looking forward to Spider-Man Homecoming.

You will love the first scene when Batman shows up in Lego Batman, I guarantee it.

Interesting that Zod is one of your favorites, I guess I need to watch that movie again. The only two villains that I ever really liked were Ledger's Joker (because he did such an amazing job) and Loki (since he's about the only movie villain that we've got more than one movie out of). I think Superman movies make you want to cry because while watching them you realize that he's truly your favorite superhero and then you feel like you're cheating on him and yourself by pretending that Batman is your favorite. ;)

I 100% agree with your review, especially the comment about the villain and the ending. I also found it amusing that it ended with
a guy named Steve sacrificing himself by flying off in a plane loaded with WMDs...that sounds oddly familiar. The scene where she charged across no-man's land followed by her taking out all the soldiers in that town was awesome though.
Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite so far and even that wasn't perfect. I'm actually really looking forward to Spider-Man Homecoming.

Awesome! I can't wait! I hope I get it a day early, sometimes I do with Best Buy orders.

You really need to watch it again, I've seen that movie grow on so many people with repeat viewings, myself included. Loki is by far the best of the MCU. I hate to say it but I don't think the MCU does villains that well overall. Sometimes they get a great one like Loki or the Winter Soldier, but other times its like the guy's whose name I can't remember from Iron Man 3 or from Doctor Strange :p. I was a Superman fan before I even knew who Batman was, but once I saw Batman I was like that dude is way cooler LOL. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a kid today and to be able to choose from all of these superhero movies to watch. I had the old Superman movies, Batman, and then the Incredible Hulk made-for-TV movies I had on tape. I still love the Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno combo though!

How did I not even notice that until now :rofl:. That makes it so hilarious! I thought all of her battle scenes were really awesome!

I just can't muster any excitement for Spider-Man homecoming. I'm just sick of them constantly rebooting Spidey. And now it feels like they are jamming Iron Man down my throat to try to get me to like the character, or get interested in this movie.

Here's a link for some items that are 15% off on Sideshow using code GGSAVE15. I wasn't sure if you still wanted the R2 PF. I'm tempted to purchase the life sized Yoda...I'm thinking to myself if Josh spent $2K on some collectibles then why can't I? Ha ha. That or the Vader PF since I probably won't get the XM offering.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/?code=ggsave15

They got some awesome stuff on there, thanks for the code :thumbs:. But I highly doubt I'm going to order anything because of how wiped out I am. You should get the life size Yoda so I'm not the only one crazy enough to spend $2K on something! :p I'm loving my Prime 1 stuff so much I'm actually debating selling off all my SS stuff and switching over to them. The quality is just outstanding! I want so many of their Arkham pieces!

I see they have the 1:2 Batman on the list. If they add the 1:2 Superman next month you should totally get it!

Last edited:
Awesome! I can't wait! I hope I get it a day early, sometimes I do with Best Buy orders.

You really need to watch it again, I've seen that movie grow on so many people with repeat viewings, myself included. Loki is by far the best of the MCU. I hate to say it but I don't think the MCU does villains that well overall. Sometimes they get a great one like Loki or the Winter Soldier, but other times its like the guys who's name I can't remember from Iron Man 3 or from Doctor Strange :p. I was a Superman fan before I even knew who Batman was, but once I saw Batman I was like that dude is way cooler LOL. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a kid today and to be able to choose from all of these superhero movies to watch. I had the old Superman movies, Batman, and then the Incredible Hulk made-for-TV movies I had on tape. I still love the Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno combo though!

How did I not even notice that until now :rofl:. That makes it so hilarious! I thought all of her battle scenes were really awesome!

I just can't muster any excitement for Spider-Man homecoming. I'm just sick of them constantly rebooting Spidey. And now it feels like they are jamming Iron Man down my throat to try to get me to like the character, or get interested in this movie.

They got some awesome stuff on there, thanks for the code :thumbs:. But I highly doubt I'm going to order anything because of how wiped out I am. You should get the life size Yoda so I'm not the only one crazy enough to spend $2K on something! :p I'm loving my Prime 1 stuff so much I'm actually debating selling off all my SS stuff and switching over to them. The quality is just outstanding! I want so many of their Arkham pieces!

Oh yeah, I have no idea who the villain in Dr. Strange was! He even said his name multiple times during the repeating end scene and I still can't remember, ha. I couldn't name the villain for Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 either. I think the reason most of the villains don't work is because they show up in that one movie then are destroyed by the end. Loki and Winter Soldier both escaped, which is why they worked. Same with Red Skull, although I don't know if they're ever going to bring him back. They totally wasted Crossbones in Civil War. There's really no way to fix the problem since it's not a TV series where they can flesh out the villain on a weekly basis or bring him back whenever they want. It's one movie every 2-3 years for each character.

Kids got it made today with all the superheroes! Heck, my nephew is totally into Ant-Man. When I was a kid nobody had ever heard of Ant-Man. I remember watching The Incredible Hulk TV show every now and then along with the original Batman TV series.

I think I'm mostly excited for Spider-Man because it's the next group movie I get to go to and it will probably be the last one until November when Justice League and Thor come out. Plus my nephew is really excited to see it.

You could get $140 off the Prime 1 Deathstroke...just saying. ;) I have to ask; now that you have your 1:2 scale statues, do you wish you had the Maul legendary scale statue?

Oh yeah, I have no idea who the villain in Dr. Strange was! He even said his name multiple times during the repeating end scene and I still can't remember, ha. I couldn't name the villain for Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 either. I think the reason most of the villains don't work is because they show up in that one movie then are destroyed by the end. Loki and Winter Soldier both escaped, which is why they worked. Same with Red Skull, although I don't know if they're ever going to bring him back. They totally wasted Crossbones in Civil War. There's really no way to fix the problem since it's not a TV series where they can flesh out the villain on a weekly basis or bring him back whenever they want. It's one movie every 2-3 years for each character.

Kids got it made today with all the superheroes! Heck, my nephew is totally into Ant-Man. When I was a kid nobody had ever heard of Ant-Man. I remember watching The Incredible Hulk TV show every now and then along with the original Batman TV series.

I think I'm mostly excited for Spider-Man because it's the next group movie I get to go to and it will probably be the last one until November when Justice League and Thor come out. Plus my nephew is really excited to see it.

You could get $140 off the Prime 1 Deathstroke...just saying. ;) I have to ask; now that you have your 1:2 scale statues, do you wish you had the Maul legendary scale statue?

I know, I can't remember it either :rofl:. You could be right about the villains dying in the end making you forget them, but there have been other movies too like Spidey 1 and Iron Man 1 where the villain dies in the end but it was written so well it was unforgettable. I just think the MCU highly focuses on the heroes, and not so much on the villains. I completely forgot Crossbones was in Civil war LOL. But I think I like Zod so much because of how much attention MoS gives him.

I'm sure I'll get Spider-Man HC when it comes out on Blu. Probably by then I'll be a bit more excited for it. Right now honestly I think I'd rather see WW again.

Deathstroke is such an amazing statue! I'd love to get that one eventually. No, not really. SS just doesn't produce enough quality for me to consider paying $2K on it. Maul had a massively out of scale lightsaber hilt, it looked like he was holding a tree trunk, he couldn't even get his hand around it, and I could never get over it. Every time I would start thinking about the piece my mind would immediately go back to that. The scale of the saber was perfect on the 1:4, why did they screw it up so badly on the 1:2, ugghh! Also now that time has passed it seems that lots of them are having problems with the saber lightup feature and of course SS isn't offering any kind of compensation. If Prime 1 gets the SW license and does a 1:2 Maul I'd get him without hesitation. But if they do get it he will probably be in 1:3 which would be fine by me too. The 1:2 is a real space killer!

I know, I can't remember it either :rofl:. You could be right about the villains dying in the end making you forget them, but there have been other movies too like Spidey 1 and Iron Man 1 where the villain dies in the end but it was written so well it was unforgettable. I just think the MCU highly focuses on the heroes, and not so much on the villains. I completely forgot Crossbones was in Civil war LOL. But I think I like Zod so much because of how much attention MoS gives him.

I'm sure I'll get Spider-Man HC when it comes out on Blu. Probably by then I'll be a bit more excited for it. Right now honestly I think I'd rather see WW again.

Deathstroke is such an amazing statue! I'd love to get that one eventually. No, not really. SS just doesn't produce enough quality for me to consider paying $2K on it. Maul had a massively out of scale lightsaber hilt, it looked like he was holding a tree trunk, he couldn't even get his hand around it, and I could never get over it. Every time I would start thinking about the piece my mind would immediately go back to that. The scale of the saber was perfect on the 1:4, why did they screw it up so badly on the 1:2, ugghh! Also now that time has passed it seems that lots of them are having problems with the saber lightup feature and of course SS isn't offering any kind of compensation. If Prime 1 gets the SW license and does a 1:2 Maul I'd get him without hesitation. But if they do get it he will probably be in 1:3 which would be fine by me too. The 1:2 is a real space killer!

Is Prime 1 getting the Star Wars license a possibility? I forgot about how oversized the lightsaber hilt was on Maul. I was trying to find in-hand pictures of the legendary scale Obi-Wan and couldn't find any, I don't think anyone bought that piece! Yeah, I don't think 1:2 is meant to be collected like 1:4, but rather just a piece or two as a centerpiece. Unless of course you're loaded, ha. But then I would be getting life sized statues!

You're right, Green Goblin was well done. But do we remember the first Iron Man and Spider-Man villains because they were done better or because those were the first good movies and we've seen them a lot? Hmmm...I don't know what the answer is. I'm glad the new Spider-Man is giving us a different villain. He has a ton of good ones like Batman so they need to keep them coming.

I don't think I'll go to Wonder Woman again. The next movie I see will probably be Despicable Me 3, ha. Or Cars 3 if I get to take my youngest nephew (even though I loathe the Cars movies). Have you watched the new Honest Trailer for Cars/Cars 2? You'll have to check it out, I laughed pretty hard at all the questions he started asking.

Speaking of questions, my 7-year old nephew is obsessed with Star Wars right now and he keeps asking me impossible questions, ha. He's obsessed with wanting to know how every Jedi was killed during order 66. He keeps asking what happened to all the clones after episode III and why there are no battle droids in the original trilogy. I've basically just been making up answers.

Last edited:
Is Prime 1 getting the Star Wars license a possibility? I forgot about how oversized the lightsaber hilt was on Maul. I was trying to find in-hand pictures of the legendary scale Obi-Wan and couldn't find any, I don't think anyone bought that piece! Yeah, I don't think 1:2 is meant to be collected like 1:4, but rather just a piece or two as a centerpiece. Unless of course you're loaded, ha. But then I would be getting life sized statues!

You're right, Green Goblin was well done. But do we remember the first Iron Man and Spider-Man villains because they were done better or because those were the first good movies and we've seen them a lot? Hmmm...I don't know what the answer is. I'm glad the new Spider-Man is giving us a different villain. He has a ton of good ones like Batman so they need to keep them coming.

I don't think I'll go to Wonder Woman again. The next movie I see will probably be Despicable Me 3, ha. Or Cars 3 if I get to take my youngest nephew (even though I loathe the Cars movies). Have you watched the new Honest Trailer for Cars/Cars 2? You'll have to check it out, I laughed pretty hard at all the questions he started asking.

I have a feeling they'll get SW eventually. They are acquiring everything else out there that they can. And I think if they offer SW in a scale that isn't offered by anyone else they could probably get the license. It took HT quite awhile to get it, and maybe after P1 gets through some of their other announced stuff they'll go after it. The Maul saber scale issue is super visible in in-hand pics and videos, SS tried to make it look as good as they could in their pics. Obi-Wan actually came with 2 sabers, a screen accurate one that you could swap in when the saber is off, and then one with a thicker non-film accurate emitter for the blade. I don't know why but for some reason in 1:2 the sabers have to be thicker and out of scale for their lightup features to be added, and in smaller 1:4 scale they don't have to be. That's the number one reason why I can't do SW in 1:2, and definitely not for $2K+. At least not from Sideshow. I was only able to find 1 Obi-Wan LSF video out there, I've never actually seen anyone with in-hand pics of him. They were also supposed to use the translucent resin on Obi-Wan like P1 uses, but SS couldn't get it to work or whatever so they just used their regular flat-painted poly for the flesh tone. That's really lame for a $2K statue.

If I was super loaded I'd be getting custom 1:1 stuff like Gino's SW stuff: http://www.starwarspropaganda.com/ I know me and Lou have talked about this guy before, I don't know if you know who he is. He's very talented but he's also a pompous douche.

That's a good question. The movies sure were good, but I assumed it was because the heroes and villains were really well done. I've got to rewatch those one of these days, its been a few years since I've seen either of them. I'm actually a little excited for Vulture mainly because its Michael Keaton who is still my favorite Batman.

I haven't even seen Cars or Cars 2 :rofl:.

Those are smart questions for a 7 year old. Just tell him those questions will be answered in yet another SW Special Edition when Disney/LFL needs to make even more money! Lol.

Last edited:
I have a feeling they'll get SW eventually. They are acquiring everything else out there that they can. And I think if they offer SW in a scale that isn't offered by anyone else they could probably get the license. It took HT quite awhile to get it, and maybe after P1 gets through some of their other announced stuff they'll go after it. The Maul saber scale issue is super visible in in-hand pics and videos, SS tried to make it look as good as they could in their pics. Obi-Wan actually came with 2 sabers, a screen accurate one that you could swap in when the saber is off, and then one with a thicker non-film accurate emitter for the blade. I don't know why but for some reason in 1:2 the sabers have to be thicker and out of scale for their lightup features to be added, and in smaller 1:4 scale they don't have to be. That's the number one reason why I can't do SW in 1:2, and definitely not for $2K+. At least not from Sideshow. I was only able to find 1 Obi-Wan LSF video out there, I've never actually seen anyone with in-hand pics of him. They were also supposed to use the translucent resin on Obi-Wan like P1 uses, but SS couldn't get it to work or whatever so they just used their regular flat-painted poly for the flesh tone. That's really lame for a $2K statue.

If I was super loaded I'd be getting custom 1:1 stuff like Gino's SW stuff: http://www.starwarspropaganda.com/ I know me and Lou have talked about this guy before, I don't know if you know who he is. He's very talented but he's also a pompous douche.

That's a good question. The movies sure were good, but I assumed it was because the heroes and villains were really well done. I've got to rewatch those one of these days, its been a few years since I've seen either of them. I'm actually a little excited for Vulture mainly because its Michael Keaton who is still my favorite Batman.

I haven't even seen Cars or Cars 2 :rofl:.

Those are smart questions for a 7 year old. Just tell him those questions will be answered in yet another SW Special Edition when Disney/LFL needs to make even more money! Lol.

I wish all the companies (Iron Studios and XM mainly) that had the 1:4 license would start putting out more product (mainly characters we haven't seen before). I don't need another scale from Prime 1! It didn't seem like the Obi-Wan was well received after they dropped the translucent resin. I was on the Freaks forum and couldn't find any in-hand pictures in the thread. I don't understand the lightsaber issue though.

I was actually on that SW website earlier today believe it or not. I was checking out his life sized Yoda (which is better than Sideshow's). I'm not surprised the guy is pompous because I saw JKNO giving him high praise, ha.

I've never seen Cars 2 and suffered through the first Cars. You should still get a kick out of the Honest Trailer.

I think Michael Keaton has a weird fetish for superheroes based on animals that fly (Batman, Birdman, Vulture).

Every time I go over to his house he bombards me with all these Star Wars questions. He's never quite satisfied with my answers either, I think he knows I don't know, ha. He keeps re-watching the Last Jedi trailer too. He had to tell me what Luke said then he keeps asking if Luke is going to be a bad guy who wants to destroy the Jedi.

I wish all the companies (Iron Studios and XM mainly) that had the 1:4 license would start putting out more product (mainly characters we haven't seen before). I don't need another scale from Prime 1! It didn't seem like the Obi-Wan was well received after they dropped the translucent resin. I was on the Freaks forum and couldn't find any in-hand pictures in the thread. I don't understand the lightsaber issue though.

I was actually on that SW website earlier today believe it or not. I was checking out his life sized Yoda (which is better than Sideshow's). I'm not surprised the guy is pompous because I saw JKNO giving him high praise, ha.

I've never seen Cars 2 and suffered through the first Cars. You should still get a kick out of the Honest Trailer.

I think Michael Keaton has a weird fetish for superheroes based on animals that fly (Batman, Birdman, Vulture).

Every time I go over to his house he bombards me with all these Star Wars questions. He's never quite satisfied with my answers either, I think he knows I don't know, ha. He keeps re-watching the Last Jedi trailer too. He had to tell me what Luke said then he keeps asking if Luke is going to be a bad guy who wants to destroy the Jedi.

I wish they'd crank out characters we haven't seen too. I guess they can make more money on the 5th Boba Fett than they can on the first Mace Windu. Yeah, the Obi-Wan wasn't well received. I thought the line was dead but then SS decided people will rush in masses to buy a $2K 1:2 R2! I was really having a hard time deciding between a 1:2 Batman and the 1:2 R2, I mean the R2 is just brimming with so much value for the money! I was even thinking of buying 2 of them knowing I could surely sell if for three times the price in the aftermarket! :rofl: In all seriousness though I wonder how much of a discount they are going to give on that thing after its been sitting in the warehouse for 2 years.

Ha! They totally sound like they are perfect for each other!

I'll watch the Honest Trailer for Cars 1 and 2 tonight for sure :thumbs:. Did you see the trailer for Murder on the Orient Express? Daisy Ridley is in it. It looks like a good murder mystery.

I still won't be surprised if that's what happens. I'm not saying I think it will, but if it does I won't be shocked.

I wish they'd crank out characters we haven't seen too. I guess they can make more money on the 5th Boba Fett than they can on the first Mace Windu. Yeah, the Obi-Wan wasn't well received. I thought the line was dead but then SS decided people will rush in masses to buy a $2K 1:2 R2! I was really having a hard time deciding between a 1:2 Batman and the 1:2 R2, I mean the R2 is just brimming with so much value for the money! I was even thinking of buying 2 of them knowing I could surely sell if for three times the price in the aftermarket! :rofl: In all seriousness though I wonder how much of a discount they are going to give on that thing after its been sitting in the warehouse for 2 years.

Ha! They totally sound like they are perfect for each other!

I'll watch the Honest Trailer for Cars 1 and 2 tonight for sure :thumbs:. Did you see the trailer for Murder on the Orient Express? Daisy Ridley is in it. It looks like a good murder mystery.

I still won't be surprised if that's what happens. I'm not saying I think it will, but if it does I won't be shocked.

You mean you don't want a $2K plastic R2? Ha ha. Just like all of Sideshow's life size figures are priced at $7-8K when you could buy the armor/outfits and a mannequin for probably 1/4 of that cost. I was looking at the Anovos stormtrooper armor and a mannequin the other day...so tempting. I even found a mannequin that's fully pose-able (including the fingers).

I'll have to watch the Murder on the Orient Express trailer. Isn't that an Agatha Christie book? I used to read some of her stuff.

My liberal feminist friend just declared Wonder Woman the only superhero movie she's ever liked...shocker. Sorry, I'm grumpy today.

Last edited:
You mean you don't want a $2K plastic R2? Ha ha. Just like all of Sideshow's life size figures are priced at $7-8K when you could buy the armor/outfits and a mannequin for probably 1/4 of that cost. I was looking at the Anovos stormtrooper armor and a mannequin the other day...so tempting. I even found a mannequin that's fully pose-able (including the fingers).

I'll have to watch the Murder on the Orient Express trailer. Isn't that an Agatha Christie book? I used to read some of her stuff.

My liberal feminist friend just declared Wonder Woman the only superhero movie she's ever liked...shocker. Sorry, I'm grumpy today.

Lol. Well that doesn't surprise me since I'm seeing a lot of that online. I'm just happy the movie turned out good and I never felt it was agenda driven at all. I hope she doesn't drag you down lol.

I think you know more about this movie than I do, and you didn't even see the trailer :LOL:. I've got no clue if this was based on a book or not.

Where did you find this mannequin? Do they have one thats's 6'5" with Dave Prowse's build? I haven't gotten serious enough about thinking of building a life size SW piece, but if I did I think it would have to be Vader.

Lol. Well that doesn't surprise me since I'm seeing a lot of that online. I'm just happy the movie turned out good and I never felt it was agenda driven at all. I hope she doesn't drag you down lol.

I think you know more about this movie than I do, and you didn't even see the trailer :LOL:. I've got no clue if this was based on a book or not.

Where did you find this mannequin? Do they have one thats's 6'5" with Dave Prowse's build? I haven't gotten serious enough about thinking of building a life size SW piece, but if I did I think it would have to be Vader.

It was this one right here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I1MXGVO/?tag=hidefnin-20 (there are customer images of people used it for Star Wars characters, but none of them have it posed). They should have mannequins that are David Prowse's size since there are such thing as big and tall stores! I would make a stormtrooper if I ever did a mannequin. I just worry about how skinny the mannequins are, although I suppose you could always pad them with something to make them thicker. I feel like I would reach the pinnacle of my geeky-ness if someone walked in on me dressing a mannequin in stormtrooper gear.

I felt it had a little bit of an agenda. I mean a native American guide in the middle of Europe...yeah...

Did you see Sideshow set the ES for the regular Thanos at 3500??? I knew they would pull something like that after setting a low EX out of the gate. The regular should sell for waaay less in the after market. I'm already predicting it will be on the discount list this time next year.

Yeah it was definitely an Agatha Christie book, I checked. Pretty sure it's been made into a movie a few times before as well.

Hey Bespin Luke goes up for order next week, aren't you pumped? :p If this was a few years ago all three of us would have been all over that on day one, ha. I actually might still get that one, but won't order it for a bit.

Last edited:
It was this one right here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I1MXGVO/?tag=hidefnin-20 (there are customer images of people used it for Star Wars characters, but none of them have it posed). They should have mannequins that are David Prowse's size since there are such thing as big and tall stores! I would make a stormtrooper if I ever did a mannequin. I just worry about how skinny the mannequins are, although I suppose you could always pad them with something to make them thicker. I feel like I would reach the pinnacle of my geeky-ness if someone walked in on me dressing a mannequin in stormtrooper gear.

I felt it had a little bit of an agenda. I mean a native American guide in the middle of Europe...yeah...

Did you see Sideshow set the ES for the regular Thanos at 3500??? I knew they would pull something like that after setting a low EX out of the gate. The regular should sell for waaay less in the after market. I'm already predicting it will be on the discount list this time next year.

Yeah it was definitely an Agatha Christie book, I checked. Pretty sure it's been made into a movie a few times before as well.

Hey Bespin Luke goes up for order next week, aren't you pumped? :p If this was a few years ago all three of us would have been all over that on day one, ha. I actually might still get that one, but won't order it for a bit.

If someone made one of these with a step by step guide of how they got it looking realistic I'd be highly intrigued. The only good thing I can say about SS's 1:1 stuff is all the hard work is done for you, all you have to do is assemble. But it still looks like crap. Padding a mannequin just right already sounds like too much work for me lol. Dressing it would make me feel weird too. That Gino guy was telling a story in one of his youtube vids where he was sculpting the body for his life size Vader and he had all of these shirtless pics of David Prowse hung up all over his living room and then a delivery guy came over and saw everything LOL.

I already forgot about that guy :LOL:.

Wow. That's even higher than I thought it would be. I think the reg should be available for $300 or more under retail on ebay. Are people still trying to get $4K for the EX on ebay?

You already know way more about this movie than me! Its quite possible I've already seen this movie before in some other way, shape or form.

I might get Luke too. Or I might not ever buy another Sideshow piece ever again lol. I wonder where I'll be at collecting wise when he ships out a year from now. I wonder if I'll have sold everything off to switch over to P1, or if I might finally have sworn off collecting entirely by then.

Man, I have zero desire to buy anything from Sideshow. 2 years ago, if be all over any OF they put out. After getting Savage tho, I realized I'm paying too much for what I'm getting. It's a good piece, but a $300 good piece. Nothing more. I can't even bring myself to get their Kylo. Looks nice, but not for the price. It would take Mace or Ahsoka to get me to buy. I doubt they will ever do them though, and I'm really hoping that someone else gets the 1:2 SW license. In the meantime, I'll be getting the XM Vader trio, and work on the lifesize Kylo. I really don't want to give AS any more $$$.

I loved Zod in MoS! I know I've said it before, but MoS and BvS are my perfect superhero movies. Suicide Squad was ok. Disnt live it, but didn't hate it. That said, with what they had, it should have been alot better. I still haven't seen WW. Going to wait for the BD now. Im excited for it though.

Oh, as for mannequins the size of promise, there is a site that has mannequins of all sizes. I posted a link in this thread some time ago, but I'll see if I can find it when I'm back home on my computer. It's possible too. That's where I'll be getting the mannequin for Kylo.

Man, I have zero desire to buy anything from Sideshow. 2 years ago, if be all over any OF they put out. After getting Savage tho, I realized I'm paying too much for what I'm getting. It's a good piece, but a $300 good piece. Nothing more. I can't even bring myself to get their Kylo. Looks nice, but not for the price. It would take Mace or Ahsoka to get me to buy. I doubt they will ever do them though, and I'm really hoping that someone else gets the 1:2 SW license. In the meantime, I'll be getting the XM Vader trio, and work on the lifesize Kylo. I really don't want to give AS any more $$$.

I loved Zod in MoS! I know I've said it before, but MoS and BvS are my perfect superhero movies. Suicide Squad was ok. Disnt live it, but didn't hate it. That said, with what they had, it should have been alot better. I still haven't seen WW. Going to wait for the BD now. Im excited for it though.

Oh, as for mannequins the size of promise, there is a site that has mannequins of all sizes. I posted a link in this thread some time ago, but I'll see if I can find it when I'm back home on my computer. It's possible too. That's where I'll be getting the mannequin for Kylo.

That's where I am. They are just producing so much sub-par stuff, and they are ridiculously priced for what you are getting. I am seriously thinking of selling all of my SS stuff to fully switch over to a new company. It sucks that no one currently has 1:4 SW stuff other than XM, which is just too much for me to go for 1:4 on, but they are producing SUPER QUALITY stuff. Lucky for me at least P1 is putting out super quality Batman stuff. I'm just sick of SS's crap of producing the same SW characters over and over again. And when they do finally get to the ones I've been waiting for there is no way I'm paying $600+ on them. I'm so glad I've been seeing a massive reduction of posts in the forums of people posting "ordered!" when it comes to their stuff. But there are still the Sideshow fanboys and apologists out there that can't seem to criticize SS. I have to wonder do they really love Sideshow, or do they love the licenses and scales they have monopolies of?

I think you're really going to like WW. I'll definitely be getting it on Blu.

I have that mannequin site saved too somewhere. But for me if I'm going life size its going to be Vader, and its going to be done right. Not like SS's thing they just put up for p.o.

That's where I am. They are just producing so much sub-par stuff, and they are ridiculously priced for what you are getting. I am seriously thinking of selling all of my SS stuff to fully switch over to a new company. It sucks that no one currently has 1:4 SW stuff other than XM, which is just too much for me to go for 1:4 on, but they are producing SUPER QUALITY stuff. Lucky for me at least P1 is putting out super quality Batman stuff. I'm just sick of SS's crap of producing the same SW characters over and over again. And when they do finally get to the ones I've been waiting for there is no way I'm paying $600+ on them. I'm so glad I've been seeing a massive reduction of posts in the forums of people posting "ordered!" when it comes to their stuff. But there are still the Sideshow fanboys and apologists out there that can't seem to criticize SS. I have to wonder do they really love Sideshow, or do they love the licenses and scales they have monopolies of?

I think you're really going to like WW. I'll definitely be getting it on Blu.

I have that mannequin site saved too somewhere. But for me if I'm going life size its going to be Vader, and its going to be done right. Not like SS's thing they just put up for p.o.

Didn't Gino work on that one? Lmao! I thought it was supposed to be the ultimate 1:1 Vader.

Yeah, that mannequin store online has some the size of prowse. I remeber looking for it and considering it after Kylo.

The only movie I've seen this year at the theater is Alien Covenant. Will i need to see WW going into JL you think?

I've defended Sideshow way back in the day when they first started with the SW license, but it seems those doing it now have only been collecting the last 4 or 5 years and less. They don't know how it used to be and are just so excited to have discovered collecting of this nature.

There are plenty of SW things out there to collect, but I do agree with you guys that statues is where it's at. You get the whole character than just a helmet or weapon. I have no idea who is making what now.

Sad news about Batman today.

Didn't Gino work on that one? Lmao! I thought it was supposed to be the ultimate 1:1 Vader.

Yeah, that mannequin store online has some the size of prowse. I remeber looking for it and considering it after Kylo.

The only movie I've seen this year at the theater is Alien Covenant. Will i need to see WW going into JL you think?

I've defended Sideshow way back in the day when they first started with the SW license, but it seems those doing it now have only been collecting the last 4 or 5 years and less. They don't know how it used to be and are just so excited to have discovered collecting of this nature.

There are plenty of SW things out there to collect, but I do agree with you guys that statues is where it's at. You get the whole character than just a helmet or weapon. I have no idea who is making what now.

Sad news about Batman today.

Its super sad. I'm getting ready to fire up my Batman The Movie ('66) Blu tonight.

He worked on the one SS canned. It was definitely beefier, the one they are selling now looks like a toothpick LOL. God, I hate this company :rofl:. Literally the only things I like about them anymore is they carry other company's products and they offer Flex pay.

I'm actually going to look into this maybe for next year. If I could get it good looking for something between $4-$5k I would definitely consider this. The ESB Vader outfit Anovos has looks really good, and as long as they got a mannequin that will fill It out, it would look awesome!

What did you think of Alien Covenant? I'm waiting for the Blu, but I'm going to get it for sure. You won't need to see WW going into JL, its totally its own thing. It will probably be out on Blu by then anyways. JL is still 5 months out and they can crank movies out on Blu less than 4 months after they come out theatrically. This is so much more awesome than it used to be when you had to wait 6-12 months for it to come out on VHS.

Why didn't I listen to you years ago when you said to stay away from Sideshow?!? :LOL: And this was even before SS started with their ridiculous base sizes from all of their licenses.