STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
They're not for everybody, but I actually like lots of different kinds of music.

That's good to know! I wanna make sure you're not going to do anything irrational over there lol. I'm definitely tempted to look at more pics when they are released, I'd also love to know pricing on it, but I don't think I'm considering it all. At least not yet. I've already seen pics on the Freaks board making fun of the pose and pics posted with a pint of beer in his hand lol. It actually looks like that's what they were going for! :LOL: I'm wondering if this is going to have a swap out hand with a litup saber display option.

You're right, the invincible alien from another planet is much more relatable :rofl::p. Just joking with ya. People always try to sound smart when they talk about Batman, and they talk about how dark and flawed he is, but they are all full of crap. The thing that gets people coming back to Batman is the outfit, the villains, and the Batmobile.

Ha, well obviously there is no relating to the invincible alien part. But feeling like you're alone and don't fit in is relatable plus Clark had a modest upbringing and he works hard to make a living being a normal person. Bruce inherited billions of dollars and is a paranoid, pessimistic playboy. I think I'd like Batman more if he killed like Wolverine or Punisher do, ha.

Oh poor Vader. Sideshow just fails with their poses at every level. It's too bad Hot Toys will never release their 1:4 scale line so you could do your own pose. Pretty sure that line is dead after the one Boba they released.

Man, Foo Fighters tickets were ridiculously priced. I just bought 4 for $500! Ridiculous $21.25 convenience fee per ticket. That's insanity. They also wanted to charge a $2 convenience fee if you printed the ticket out at home, but it was free to have it mailed (usually it's the other way around). My town is stupid.

Did you know the Hot Toys Hulkbuster went up for pre-order on March 4, 2015, and it still hasn't shipped?

Last edited:
Ha, well obviously there is no relating to the invincible alien part. But feeling like you're alone and don't fit in is relatable plus Clark had a modest upbringing and he works hard to make a living being a normal person. Bruce inherited billions of dollars and is a paranoid, pessimistic playboy. I think I'd like Batman more if he killed like Wolverine or Punisher do, ha.

Oh poor Vader. Sideshow just fails with their poses at every level. It's too bad Hot Toys will never release their 1:4 scale line so you could do your own pose. Pretty sure that line is dead after the one Boba they released.

Man, Foo Fighters tickets were ridiculously priced. I just bought 4 for $500! Ridiculous $21.25 convenience fee per ticket. That's insanity. They also wanted to charge a $2 convenience fee if you printed the ticket out at home, but it was free to have it mailed (usually it's the other way around). My town is stupid.

Did you know the Hot Toys Hulkbuster went up for pre-order on March 4, 2015, and it still hasn't shipped?

I was never a fan of Batman's no killing rule. But thats another reason why I love the Burton and Snyder versions of the character, he just murders away the bad guys lol.

It was just what everyone needed, another 1:4 Boba! Thats probabably why it didn't do well, and HT probably took that as no one wants 1:4 SW figures.

Thats pretty high buck. Hope you at least got some good seats for that. When I saw Weezer I was in the second row!

I just saw pictures of that on Toyark, and I thought it was a new figure lol. Its been up for order for over 2 years? Man, HT is worse than Sideshow!

I was never a fan of Batman's no killing rule. But thats another reason why I love the Burton and Snyder versions of the character, he just murders away the bad guys lol.

It was just what everyone needed, another 1:4 Boba! Thats probabably why it didn't do well, and HT probably took that as no one wants 1:4 SW figures.

Thats pretty high buck. Hope you at least got some good seats for that. When I saw Weezer I was in the second row!

I just saw pictures of that on Toyark, and I thought it was a new figure lol. Its been up for order for over 2 years? Man, HT is worse than Sideshow!

I know Green Arrow and Wonder Woman have killed before, but I don't think most of the heroes ever actually kill in DC. That Flashpoint comic ruled because Wonder Woman and Aquaman were in an all out brutal war with each other.

Yeah I was just scrolling through the Marvel section on the freaks board and clicked on the Hulkbuster thread expecting to see people's pictures. I can't believe that thing hasn't shipped yet! I remember how excited people were when it went up for order 2+ years ago. I wonder if Hot Toys will make a gladiator Hulk for the new Thor movie.

I know Green Arrow and Wonder Woman have killed before, but I don't think most of the heroes ever actually kill in DC. That Flashpoint comic ruled because Wonder Woman and Aquaman were in an all out brutal war with each other.

Yeah I was just scrolling through the Marvel section on the freaks board and clicked on the Hulkbuster thread expecting to see people's pictures. I can't believe that thing hasn't shipped yet! I remember how excited people were when it went up for order 2+ years ago. I wonder if Hot Toys will make a gladiator Hulk for the new Thor movie.

I honestly never read Flashpoint :bag:.

Now that I'm thinking about it I do remember that Hulkbuster going up for order, I guess its been so long that I just forgot about it. If HT makes a Gladiator Hulk figure that would be cool, but its never going to top the Gladiator Hulk PF. As much crap as I talk about SS, that piece was phenomenal!

Are you hoping for anything from SDCC this year? Besides the obvious Jim Lee and Alex Ross stuff from P1?

I honestly never read Flashpoint :bag:.

Now that I'm thinking about it I do remember that Hulkbuster going up for order, I guess its been so long that I just forgot about it. If HT makes a Gladiator Hulk figure that would be cool, but its never going to top the Gladiator Hulk PF. As much crap as I talk about SS, that piece was phenomenal!

Are you hoping for anything from SDCC this year? Besides the obvious Jim Lee and Alex Ross stuff from P1?

So are we going to talk about this? http://screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-performance/ The studio had to hire the main actor an acting coach? Ha ha, what a disaster!

I mainly just want to see those Prime 1 pieces, but I'm doubting that will happen. I wouldn't mind seeing a Hot Toys Greedo and I'm curious to see what HT has planned for Justice League. I don't know, nothing really. Are you going to watch Sideshow Live this week? I think they're talking about Vader.

So are we going to talk about this? http://screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-performance/ The studio had to hire the main actor an acting coach? Ha ha, what a disaster!

I mainly just want to see those Prime 1 pieces, but I'm doubting that will happen. I wouldn't mind seeing a Hot Toys Greedo and I'm curious to see what HT has planned for Justice League. I don't know, nothing really. Are you going to watch Sideshow Live this week? I think they're talking about Vader.

LMAO! I heard something about he needed an acting coach. I wonder if he is really that bad, or if he was unable to act how the old directors wanted him to. There was a report out that said the Han in this movie was as silly as Ace Ventura. Apparently the directors that were hired only do comedy, so I have no idea why they were hired for a Han Solo movie in the first place. This movie sounds so bad now I'm actually getting interested in seeing it just so I can see how bad it is :LOL:. If the Alden Ehrenreich guy is as bad of an actor as he's being made out to be, then I wonder if Ron Howard will walk off of this in the next week or so.

What day is that on? Tomorrow? Since I don't even know when Sideshow Live is that just shows how little I watch it lol.

I have a couple Hot Toys figures on my TV stand right now and they're big enough to see from across the room so I'm starting to change my tune on the "not big enough" opinion.

Ha, that video was pretty funny. Although in my opinion, Batman came off as a jerk! I had to take a break from this thread after your blasphemous Batman is better comment. Grrrrr...apparently that's my trigger! :p

I've been getting better at not caring what people think of me at the gym. But every now and then I catch people watching me workout so you know everyone is competitive in there. Of course I only know a few of them so I shouldn't care what everyone else thinks!

The original Ben-Hur is a great movie, but it takes about half a day to watch! I watched the entire thing all the way through one afternoon, it drained me, ha.

I'm jealous you saw Green Day and Weezer back in their prime, but more importantly I'm super jealous you got to see Nirvana! And you met Kurt Cobain? You need to tell that story!

Ok, well, I got arrested in '93. My uncle had got pulled over in Texas for a DUI, and he used my name. He didn't show up for court and a warrant was issued. So, when I got stopped, the cops said I had a warrant out of Texas and they threw me in jail for the weekend. Got put in a packed holding cell with one seat that some a'hole had his feet on. I just straight up told him to "move it" and he did. I sat down, took another look back at him over my shoulder, and I realized who it was. I started singing, "I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends." Looked back over and he smiled. We talked for a little bit, but he wasn't in there for long. Chill guy though, and definitely a moment I won't forget.

Oh man, I'll watch Ben-Hur in one sitting. Love that movie!

Yeah, I mean, some friendly competition is ok. I have big guys tjat come and try to out do me on legs sometimes, but we have a good laugh afterwards and that's it. It's always in fun.

I saw Weezer in '05. It was a great concert! I never got to see Green Day, I would have loved to back in the day. I actually really like Coldplay, and I get a lot of **** for it from my friends LOL. :emb: But they are way better in concert than they are on their albums. I really need to hear more about your Kurt Cobain jail story :p.

I can't wait to find out more of what happened to the Han Solo thing. I've got a feeling something will come out now that puts the blame on the directors, I'm already hearing they wanted Han to be so funny he was like Ace Ventura, but in like 5 or 10 years someone else will probably come out and say "yeah that one thing you heard was true, but then there was also this other thing..." and it will probably put the blame on LFL/Kennedy just as much.

I'll hopefully get it in a couple weeks or so and I can show you guys :D.

Uh oh! That sounds like a statement someone would make before jumping head first into switching their whole collection over to Hot Toys! :p You should just move into 1:2, you can see those from across your entire house! :LOL: I'm actually really looking forward to seeing more pics of the Vader LSF.

LMAO! I love that I managed to trigger you! That video is so hilarious, did you hear Batman at the end, "I'm glad they're dead." :rofl:

I am too. I think I'll be getting the 1:2 Vader, but it'll be my only statue that year.

Yeah, my wife told me about what LFL said about the directors. She also said that it was the guy playing Solo who brought those concerns to Kasdan who then went to Kennedy. The rumor is that it was too Ace Ventura like. That said, what the hell did they think they were going to get with directors of a Lego movie? I liked the Lego movie FWIW, but if they really wanted someone who really understood the character, they should have had Spielberg direct it FFS! I like Ron Howard, but Spielberg IMO would have been the obvious and perfect choice for this project.

Looking forward to seeing what it is man.

Lmao! So, they hired an actor who kinda resembled a young Harrison but couldn't act? Wtf?!!!

Ok, well, I got arrested in '93. My uncle had got pulled over in Texas for a DUI, and he used my name. He didn't show up for court and a warrant was issued. So, when I got stopped, the cops said I had a warrant out of Texas and they threw me in jail for the weekend. Got put in a packed holding cell with one seat that some a'hole had his feet on. I just straight up told him to "move it" and he did. I sat down, took another look back at him over my shoulder, and I realized who it was. I started singing, "I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends." Looked back over and he smiled. We talked for a little bit, but he wasn't in there for long. Chill guy though, and definitely a moment I won't forget.

Yeah, I mean, some friendly competition is ok. I have big guys tjat come and try to out do me on legs sometimes, but we have a good laugh afterwards and that's it. It's always in fun.

I am too. I think I'll be getting the 1:2 Vader, but it'll be my only statue that year.

Yeah, my wife told me about what LFL said about the directors. She also said that it was the guy playing Solo who brought those concerns to Kasdan who then went to Kennedy. The rumor is that it was too Ace Ventura like. That said, what the hell did they think they were going to get with directors of a Lego movie? I liked the Lego movie FWIW, but if they really wanted someone who really understood the character, they should have had Spielberg direct it FFS! I like Ron Howard, but Spielberg IMO would have been the obvious and perfect choice for this project.

Lmao! So, they hired an actor who kinda resembled a young Harrison but couldn't act? Wtf?!!!

That was a total dick move by your uncle! :OMG: But at least it lead to a really awesome story!

So Vader is $2550 and no swap out saber hand. I figured it would be higher than the other LSFs but I think for that price it definitely should have had the saber option. The pose is okay, its kind of growing on me but I'm just not sure if I want to spend that much and not totally be in love with the piece. I'll see how I feel about this next year when it starts shipping, there is still a chance I might consider this. I don't know why but over the last couple of days I've really been wanting them to do a 1:2 Boba.

Nothing about this Han Solo thing is making any sense. I still think there is going to be more news that comes out about this thing over the coming years. If it was really as bad as it sounds, I don't know why LFL would have hired the Lego movie guys in the first place, as its quite obvious they wouldn't be a good fit for this movie. I like Ron Howard so I feel a bit more interested in it than I was before. But man, if it would have been Spielberg I would have been looking forward to this movie so f***ing much! You're so right, he would have been absolutely perfect for this! But I think he still sees SW as his buddy George's baby and I don't think he wants to get involved with that.

LMAO! I heard something about he needed an acting coach. I wonder if he is really that bad, or if he was unable to act how the old directors wanted him to. There was a report out that said the Han in this movie was as silly as Ace Ventura. Apparently the directors that were hired only do comedy, so I have no idea why they were hired for a Han Solo movie in the first place. This movie sounds so bad now I'm actually getting interested in seeing it just so I can see how bad it is :LOL:. If the Alden Ehrenreich guy is as bad of an actor as he's being made out to be, then I wonder if Ron Howard will walk off of this in the next week or so.

What day is that on? Tomorrow? Since I don't even know when Sideshow Live is that just shows how little I watch it lol.

Ace Ventura Han Solo, I want to see that! Ha! I wonder if he'd come out of an AT-AT's butt at some point like Ace does with that rhino.

I think Sideshow Live is on Wednesdays? I don't know, I didn't watch it. I saw that LSF Vader will probably be $3K after shipping. Ouch.

Yeah, total dick move by your uncle. But that's pretty legendary that you got to meet Kurt Cobain. He died before I really started listening to music so he kind of has a mythical quality to him.

Oh man, there's this kid in my gym now who can get a rep or two at 315 on the bench (which is more than I can get). Dude was squatting next to me this week. He could only get 245 for 1 rep on squats. So he can out bench me by about 40 pounds, but I can out squat him by 100+ pounds. Your chest should not be stronger than your legs!

They should just scrap the Han film!

So if you get the 1:2 Vader are you going to need some 1:2 stormtroopers to go with him?

That was a total dick move by your uncle! :OMG: But at least it lead to a really awesome story!

So Vader is $2550 and no swap out saber hand. I figured it would be higher than the other LSFs but I think for that price it definitely should have had the saber option. The pose is okay, its kind of growing on me but I'm just not sure if I want to spend that much and not totally be in love with the piece. I'll see how I feel about this next year when it starts shipping, there is still a chance I might consider this. I don't know why but over the last couple of days I've really been wanting them to do a 1:2 Boba.

Nothing about this Han Solo thing is making any sense. I still think there is going to be more news that comes out about this thing over the coming years. If it was really as bad as it sounds, I don't know why LFL would have hired the Lego movie guys in the first place, as its quite obvious they wouldn't be a good fit for this movie. I like Ron Howard so I feel a bit more interested in it than I was before. But man, if it would have been Spielberg I would have been looking forward to this movie so f***ing much! You're so right, he would have been absolutely perfect for this! But I think he still sees SW as his buddy George's baby and I don't think he wants to get involved with that.

A 1:2 Boba would be sweet. I'm looking forward to getting my Jango PF in a couple weeks finally!

Did you end up using your $50 gift card? You only have one more day!

Ace Ventura Han Solo, I want to see that! Ha! I wonder if he'd come out of an AT-AT's butt at some point like Ace does with that rhino.

I think Sideshow Live is on Wednesdays? I don't know, I didn't watch it. I saw that LSF Vader will probably be $3K after shipping. Ouch.

Yeah, total dick move by your uncle. But that's pretty legendary that you got to meet Kurt Cobain. He died before I really started listening to music so he kind of has a mythical quality to him.

Oh man, there's this kid in my gym now who can get a rep or two at 315 on the bench (which is more than I can get). Dude was squatting next to me this week. He could only get 245 for 1 rep on squats. So he can out bench me by about 40 pounds, but I can out squat him by 100+ pounds. Your chest should not be stronger than your legs!

They should just scrap the Han film!

So if you get the 1:2 Vader are you going to need some 1:2 stormtroopers to go with him?

A 1:2 Boba would be sweet. I'm looking forward to getting my Jango PF in a couple weeks finally!

Did you end up using your $50 gift card? You only have one more day!

LOL! I've gotta watch When Nature Calls again.

One good thing I'll say about SS is they give a really nice shipping discount on their 1:2 stuff. I think their 1:2 SW stuff was $100 flat rate anywhere in the U.S., and their 1:2 P1 stuff is broken down to flat rate by region in the U.S. I think Supes was $98 for me and Bats was $76, which was a bit weird since Batman had a bigger second box. But I think if they would have charged me actual cost I would have been looking at $200 or more for each statue.

I'd totally be fine with them scrapping the Han film. If Ron Howard walks off I can't wait to see what happens!

Awesome, can't wait to see your Jango PF! :)

I forgot all about the gift card lol. I'd give it away but since they sent me a blank card I'd have to go through the trouble of emailing them to get a valid code just to give it away.

LOL! I've gotta watch When Nature Calls again.

One good thing I'll say about SS is they give a really nice shipping discount on their 1:2 stuff. I think their 1:2 SW stuff was $100 flat rate anywhere in the U.S., and their 1:2 P1 stuff is broken down to flat rate by region in the U.S. I think Supes was $98 for me and Bats was $76, which was a bit weird since Batman had a bigger second box. But I think if they would have charged me actual cost I would have been looking at $200 or more for each statue.

I'd totally be fine with them scrapping the Han film. If Ron Howard walks off I can't wait to see what happens!

Awesome, can't wait to see your Jango PF! :)

I forgot all about the gift card lol. I'd give it away but since they sent me a blank card I'd have to go through the trouble of emailing them to get a valid code just to give it away.

That's nice they charge a flat rate cost on the 1:2 items. Now that BigBadToyStore has their $4 flat rate shipping, it's actually not even worth ordering 1/6 scale from Sideshow anymore (even with the reward points). If you order a $200 Hot Toys figure, Sideshow charges you $19 shipping and you only get $10 back in reward points. So you're looking at a total cost of $209 if you deduct the reward points from shipping. If you order from BBTS it would cost you $204. Plus they have that pile of loot so you could just wait to ship a few together for only $4. Basically unless you use a $20 coupon to offset the shipping cost on a Hot Toys figure, then you're better off ordering from BBTS. I think BBTS is located in Somerset, Wisconsin. I'm not sure how close that is to you, but could you just go pick up the item and not even pay shipping?

I don't think you can give away the $50 cards anyhow. They may be account specific.

Do you like stand up comedy? I may have to buy tickets to see Jim Gaffigan here next month. He's about the only stand up comic I really like.

This picture got me excited for Kingpin

2zxt9iv.jpg

Last edited:
That's nice they charge a flat rate cost on the 1:2 items. Now that BigBadToyStore has their $4 flat rate shipping, it's actually not even worth ordering 1/6 scale from Sideshow anymore (even with the reward points). If you order a $200 Hot Toys figure, Sideshow charges you $19 shipping and you only get $10 back in reward points. So you're looking at a total cost of $209 if you deduct the reward points from shipping. If you order from BBTS it would cost you $204. Plus they have that pile of loot so you could just wait to ship a few together for only $4. Basically unless you use a $20 coupon to offset the shipping cost on a Hot Toys figure, then you're better off ordering from BBTS. I think BBTS is located in Somerset, Wisconsin. I'm not sure how close that is to you, but could you just go pick up the item and not even pay shipping?

I don't think you can give away the $50 cards anyhow. They may be account specific.

Do you like stand up comedy? I may have to buy tickets to see Jim Gaffigan here next month. He's about the only stand up comic I really like.

This picture got me excited for Kingpin

2zxt9iv.jpg

The line up of ridiculous priced statues that sit. :rofl: Just messing with ya, Kingpin actually looks really awesome there. Plus going by the two on the sides of him, maybe the sitting pose will make it skyrocket in value.

Its so cool that BBTS has $4 shipping, but with them being in Wisconsin I have to pay sales tax, so its kind of a wash with HTs, and its really not that amazing anymore if I'm looking at a PF or something more even expensive. Its pretty cool for super cheap stuff that no one else carries though. They are on the complete opposite side of the state, so driving there would take like 6 hours :angry:. Honestly the best thing about them for me is if I use their regular UPS shipping and if I place an order before noon, it will arrive at my door step the very next day.

I like Jim Gaffigan, he's cool. I've never gone to a stand up show, I just watch them when they're on HBO or whatever.

The line up of ridiculous priced statues that sit. :rofl: Just messing with ya, Kingpin actually looks really awesome there. Plus going by the two on the sides of him, maybe the sitting pose will make it skyrocket in value.

Its so cool that BBTS has $4 shipping, but with them being in Wisconsin I have to pay sales tax, so its kind of a wash with HTs, and its really not that amazing anymore if I'm looking at a PF or something more even expensive. Its pretty cool for super cheap stuff that no one else carries though. They are on the complete opposite side of the state, so driving there would take like 6 hours :angry:. Honestly the best thing about them for me is if I use their regular UPS shipping and if I place an order before noon, it will arrive at my door step the very next day.

I like Jim Gaffigan, he's cool. I've never gone to a stand up show, I just watch them when they're on HBO or whatever.

Ha, I obviously don't care about the other two statues on the thrones. I'm just happy to see it looks good and that is still a pretty sweet shot.

Oh dang, I didn't realize it was all the way across the state. I looked it up and it's actually way closer to Minneapolis than anything. Maybe you should move there and work in the warehouse, ha. What if they give employees free statues/figures as bonuses! I always forget about sales tax because we don't have it here in Montana.

So anyone going to Spider-Man next week or just me? :p

Only $286/month on flex pay! Ha ha. It is pretty impressive though.

star-wars-darth-vader-legendary-scale-figure-400103-03.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, I obviously don't care about the other two statues on the thrones. I'm just happy to see it looks good and that is still a pretty sweet shot.

Oh dang, I didn't realize it was all the way across the state. I looked it up and it's actually way closer to Minneapolis than anything. Maybe you should move there and work in the warehouse, ha. What if they give employees free statues/figures as bonuses! I always forget about sales tax because we don't have it here in Montana.

So anyone going to Spider-Man next week or just me? :p

Only $286/month on flex pay! Ha ha. It is pretty impressive though.

star-wars-darth-vader-legendary-scale-figure-400103-03.jpg

Kingpin looks great! I bet that ends up being one of your favorites! :)

Having no sales tax must be so amazing! I usually don't have to pay sales tax when I order stuff from out of state like Sideshow stuff, and I used to not have to pay Amazon tax either until they decided to build a warehouse 25 mins from me :angry:. I wish BBTS would have just built itself in Minneapolis, I would have ordered so much more stuff from them. That little bit of tax on top usually has me going to eBay or somewhere else instead when I buy that kind of stuff. Their $4 shipping might sway me back though. It would be awesome if they gave free statues to employees! I wonder what Sideshow employees get.

I'm still just going to wait for the Blu, you'll have to let me know how it is. And let me know how Keaton is in it, he's probably the most interesting thing of the movie for me.

That is most impressive! Thats practically the exact same height that I have my 1:2s displayed at, and its perfect right there. Vader is already growing on me :ohno:.

Kingpin looks great! I bet that ends up being one of your favorites! :)

Having no sales tax must be so amazing! I usually don't have to pay sales tax when I order stuff from out of state like Sideshow stuff, and I used to not have to pay Amazon tax either until they decided to build a warehouse 25 mins from me :angry:. I wish BBTS would have just built itself in Minneapolis, I would have ordered so much more stuff from them. That little bit of tax on top usually has me going to eBay or somewhere else instead when I buy that kind of stuff. Their $4 shipping might sway me back though. It would be awesome if they gave free statues to employees! I wonder what Sideshow employees get.

I'm still just going to wait for the Blu, you'll have to let me know how it is. And let me know how Keaton is in it, he's probably the most interesting thing of the movie for me.

That is most impressive! Thats practically the exact same height that I have my 1:2s displayed at, and its perfect right there. Vader is already growing on me :ohno:.

Yeah I'm loving the size of that Vader! I would do bad things for a comic book Superman that size (especially an Alex Ross version). My only complaint is it looks like he only has one arm, but I'm sure you could adjust the cape to fix that. They really should have put a saber in his other hand.

I'll let you know next Friday how Spider-Man is. You're probably right about Keaton. I'm getting too old to like a high school superhero, ha ha.

I bet Sideshow employees get to keep the artist proof statues if they want. Or damaged ones they can't send out. I bet they have all sorts of free stuff!

That sucks about the taxes from BBTS. You kind of get screwed on that. I don't understand how they can offer a $4 shipping fee, do they get some sort of corporate discount? Why is Sideshow's shipping so expensive? And why was the Hot Toys Snowtrooper 2-pack cheaper to ship than the single? I don't understand any of that!

I just checked my reward points on Sideshow and I have -$2.50. How the heck could I have a negative balance? Does that mean I owe them $2.50?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm loving the size of that Vader! I would do bad things for a comic book Superman that size (especially an Alex Ross version). My only complaint is it looks like he only has one arm, but I'm sure you could adjust the cape to fix that. They really should have put a saber in his other hand.

I'll let you know next Friday how Spider-Man is. You're probably right about Keaton. I'm getting too old to like a high school superhero, ha ha.

I bet Sideshow employees get to keep the artist proof statues if they want. Or damaged ones they can't send out. I bet they have all sorts of free stuff!

That sucks about the taxes from BBTS. You kind of get screwed on that. I don't understand how they can offer a $4 shipping fee, do they get some sort of corporate discount? Why is Sideshow's shipping so expensive? And why was the Hot Toys Snowtrooper 2-pack cheaper to ship than the single? I don't understand any of that!

I just checked my reward points on Sideshow and I have -$2.50. How the heck could I have a negative balance? Does that mean I owe them $2.50?

When Vader was at SDCC last year I thought he did only have one arm! I thought for sure they were going to add a saber holding hand in there this year, but they just went with his arm dangling there instead, hiding behind the cape and robes.

I bet when P1 finally gets to their Alex Ross Superman it will be your favorite statue of all time.

Thats exactly how I feel about Spider-Man! I feel that I outgrew Spider-Man like 10 years ago. I just can't get excited for this movie.

I wonder if BBTS is taking a shipping hit just so it moves sales away from SS. That HT trooper 2 pack shipping makes no sense!

LMAO! They've given you too many discounts and they want them back! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
When Vader was at SDCC last year I thought he did only have one arm! I thought for sure they were going to add a saber holding hand in there this year, but they just went with his arm dangling there instead, hiding behind the cape and robes.

I bet when P1 finally gets to their Alex Ross Superman it will be your favorite statue of all time.

Thats exactly how I feel about Spider-Man! I feel that I outgrew Spider-Man like 10 years ago. I just can't get excited for this movie.

I wonder if BBTS is taking a shipping hit just so it moves sales away from SS. That HT trooper 2 pack shipping makes no sense!

LMAO! They've given you too many discounts and they want them back! :p

Dude, I would be so happy if they made an Alex Ross Superman. When I first tried getting back into comics like 10 years ago I remember the first two trades I read I didn't really care for and figured comics weren't for me. Then I tried out Kingdom Come and fell in love. The art and everything about the story was just amazing. I love how Ross really appreciates the history of the characters, he's so good! Although his obsession with Plastic Man goes over my head, ha.

Yeah apparently one of my statue orders from like January got relisted to cancelled so they took back the points that I had already used which caused the negative balance. They are fixing it though.

I was looking at ordering some of the Hot Toys preorders from BBTS with that $4 shipping, but everything is sold out!

Dude, I would be so happy if they made an Alex Ross Superman. When I first tried getting back into comics like 10 years ago I remember the first two trades I read I didn't really care for and figured comics weren't for me. Then I tried out Kingdom Come and fell in love. The art and everything about the story was just amazing. I love how Ross really appreciates the history of the characters, he's so good! Although his obsession with Plastic Man goes over my head, ha.

Yeah apparently one of my statue orders from like January got relisted to cancelled so they took back the points that I had already used which caused the negative balance. They are fixing it though.

I was looking at ordering some of the Hot Toys preorders from BBTS with that $4 shipping, but everything is sold out!

You can tell how he appreciates the history of the characters by the way he draws them in a more classic look for sure, I absolutely love that about his work! Did you watch his YouTube videos yet? He talks about wanting to make you care about the more obscure characters because he knows you already love the super popular ones, I think that's why he loves Plastic Man :LOL:.

That's the problem with BBTS, they don't carry a lot of stock of the higher end items. I've seen them sell out of a lot of HT, SS and P1 stuff the day it goes up for order, and they never get any back in. I'd love to use them for cheaper items, but they already charge $5-$10 more on smaller stuff than Amazon/eBay does.

You can tell how he appreciates the history of the characters by the way he draws them in a more classic look for sure, I absolutely love that about his work! Did you watch his YouTube videos yet? He talks about wanting to make you care about the more obscure characters because he knows you already love the super popular ones, I think that's why he loves Plastic Man :LOL:.

That's the problem with BBTS, they don't carry a lot of stock of the higher end items. I've seen them sell out of a lot of HT, SS and P1 stuff the day it goes up for order, and they never get any back in. I'd love to use them for cheaper items, but they already charge $5-$10 more on smaller stuff than Amazon/eBay does.

I'm okay with him wanting us to love more obscure characters, but does he really need to sneak Plastic Man into every painting? I mean come on, ha. I'm surprised Plastic Man isn't in the Original Seven picture. :p I really like his Justice Society art too.

So my Kingpin is fully paid off (including shipping), supposed to ship out next week! My Jango Fett should ship on July 5th as well, I'm going to have a nice little haul the following week. Then I probably won't buy anything other than 1/6 figures for a while (until XM Doc Ock). Actually I might try to track down a Clone Trooper PF to complete my 2x2 trooper Besta. Did you end up ordering your secret piece or are you still thinking about it?

I'm okay with him wanting us to love more obscure characters, but does he really need to sneak Plastic Man into every painting? I mean come on, ha. I'm surprised Plastic Man isn't in the Original Seven picture. :p I really like his Justice Society art too.

So my Kingpin is fully paid off (including shipping), supposed to ship out next week! My Jango Fett should ship on July 5th as well, I'm going to have a nice little haul the following week. Then I probably won't buy anything other than 1/6 figures for a while (until XM Doc Ock). Actually I might try to track down a Clone Trooper PF to complete my 2x2 trooper Besta. Did you end up ordering your secret piece or are you still thinking about it?

He should have put Plastic Man's head photobombing out of the top corner of the picture :p

Holy crap that's awesome! :thumbs: I can't wait to see pics, especially Kingpin! I've seen some pics starting to come out of Jango, he looks awesome, but I did see one where he wasn't fitting properly on the base :facepalm:. Sideshow QC strikes again! I saw a Clone Trooper PF on eBay not too long ago, I wish I would have paid attention to how much is sold for. I will be ordering ...it:naughty:.. this weekend hopefully. I'm still waiting for my rewards to convert which should be tomorrow night or Sunday night. Rewards points convert 40 days after the item ships right?

Have you seen this awesome custom Blade statue?
:wow: