STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Even BBTS is charging NRDs now, and some of their NRDs are 3 times the price of Sideshow's! The more I think about this hobby the more ridiculous I realize it is. I think at least the prototype Sideshow Thanos looks way cooler than XM's, but who knows how the production version will turn out. Are the people that are selling them for $2K getting people to actually buy them? If so that's something to think about for sure, but I know you really like the character. I'd say wait until you get it to see if you like it. With the EX you'll always be able to sell that one on eBay and break even on it at least if you don't like it.

I just can't get into HTs, at least not full blown. I don't have the room for detolfs unless I want to start getting rid of bestas and I still like statues more. I hope this is the year I wake up and end this stupid collecting addiction and start putting this money to more useful things. I actually don't have a single thing on preorder right now.

Yup, I did order it on Saturday night. Do you know if Sideshow is open today, or if they are closed through the 4th for the holiday? If they are open today it should ship tonight and I'll hopefully have it on Friday. If not I probably won't get it until next week.

They are open, I had to get a hold of them to stop my Maul statue from shipping.

I don't think BBTS charges NRDs on smaller stuff like 1/6 scale. I've been appreciating my 1/6 scale figures more lately. I think they are very well done and display well. You could line them up on top of your Bestas! :p I bet you could snag a flame trooper for like $150 shipped, that one is actually my favorite. It's a badass design.

Yeah there was one guy on Facebook selling a PO for Thanos for that much and he mentioned that he had already sold one. Of course he ordered two to flip. If I don't like it then I'll sell it and get XM's, but I agree that Sideshow's looks better at the moment. I liked the darker color and the outfit a lot more on Sideshow's, I don't really care that he's sitting in a throne.

I'm okay with my collecting addiction, it's not like I have anything better to do! Plus I enjoy sitting in my dark basement with my cabinet lights making my statues all lit up. But if you're saying you hope you stop collecting then maybe you should? Ha ha.

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
They are open, I had to get a hold of them to stop my Maul statue from shipping.

I don't think BBTS charges NRDs on smaller stuff like 1/6 scale. I've been appreciating my 1/6 scale figures more lately. I think they are very well done and display well. You could line them up on top of your Bestas! :p I bet you could snag a flame trooper for like $150 shipped, that one is actually my favorite. It's a badass design.

Yeah there was one guy on Facebook selling a PO for Thanos for that much and he mentioned that he had already sold one. Of course he ordered two to flip. If I don't like it then I'll sell it and get XM's, but I agree that Sideshow's looks better at the moment. I liked the darker color and the outfit a lot more on Sideshow's, I don't really care that he's sitting in a throne.

I'm okay with my collecting addiction, it's not like I have anything better to do! Plus I enjoy sitting in my dark basement with my cabinet lights making my statues all lit up. But if you're saying you hope you stop collecting then maybe you should? Ha ha.

Did you call them or message them? I have never once gotten them to actually answer their phone or give me a call back :LOL:. Literally the only thing that ever works for me is their live chat.

That's good, I hope they don't start. I think HTs are very well done, and if I started collecting those instead I probably never would have bought a PF, and I'd probably have 3 or 4 detolfs filled with like 20 or more of them by now. I like the flame trooper a lot, but I think that's one I'd only get if I was collecting troopers, and that a scary and expensive road to think about :ohno:. But if PF prices keep going up and I want to collect or impulse buy something its probably going to be a HT, I just don't think Sideshow's stuff is worth what they are charging anymore anyways. And as much as I love Prime 1's stuff I just can't afford to collect their 1:3 or 1:2 lines at $1K-$2K plus a piece, maybe I'll get one a year from them from this point forward, if I'm so lucky.

I actually like the throne on Sideshow's. If I was into the character I'd be really excited for that one with how well the proto turned out. Seeing it already sell for $2K would make me happy too. But if people are really willing to drop $2K on it without even seeing it than SS really did a great job setting up the hype train on that piece.

I just think I do more b****ing about this hobby than I do having fun with it. PFs aren't worth what they are charging anymore and Prime 1/XM stuff is so expensive. Hot Toys are the only thing left that are "reasonably" priced as far as this hobby goes. And I've gone so far with statues I'd have to redo everything to go down the Hot Toys path, so who knows. I'll probably end up seeing new stuff at SDCC and that will get met to completely change my tune. :LOL:.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
Did you call them or message them? I have never once gotten them to actually answer their phone or give me a call back :LOL:. Literally the only thing that ever works for me is their live chat.

That's good, I hope they don't start. I think HTs are very well done, and if I started collecting those instead I probably never would have bought a PF, and I'd probably have 3 or 4 detolfs filled with like 20 or more of them by now. I like the flame trooper a lot, but I think that's one I'd only get if I was collecting troopers, and that a scary and expensive road to think about :ohno:. But if PF prices keep going up and I want to collect or impulse buy something its probably going to be a HT, I just don't think Sideshow's stuff is worth what they are charging anymore anyways. And as much as I love Prime 1's stuff I just can't afford to collect their 1:3 or 1:2 lines at $1K-$2K plus a piece, maybe I'll get one a year from them from this point forward, if I'm so lucky.

I actually like the throne on Sideshow's. If I was into the character I'd be really excited for that one with how well the proto turned out. Seeing it already sell for $2K would make me happy too. But if people are really willing to drop $2K on it without even seeing it than SS really did a great job setting up the hype train on that piece.

I just think I do more b****ing about this hobby than I do having fun with it. PFs aren't worth what they are charging anymore and Prime 1/XM stuff is so expensive. Hot Toys are the only thing left that are "reasonably" priced as far as this hobby goes. And I've gone so far with statues I'd have to redo everything to go down the Hot Toys path, so who knows. I'll probably end up seeing new stuff at SDCC and that will get met to completely change my tune. :LOL:.

I used the live chat. I don't think I've ever attempted to call them.

Will it help if I post pictures every time I get a new figure? ;) I agree, Sideshow isn't worth what they are charging and that's coming from someone who is willing to spend $400 more on a XM piece. Sideshow just doesn't have the quality to justify their cost now. Especially when PFs were only $300 a few years ago! One 1:3 or 1:2 piece a year would be badass too. I think we just need to get better at really enjoying what we have. Maybe it will also help if we just completely stop buying Sideshow statues. I think that's a good idea.

So what are you doing with your week off? I am super bored at work if you can't tell. Half of the office is off today and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks we're closed anyhow because the phone has hardly rang. I'm ready for some Oreos and a nap. I'm just really going to throw this day away when I get off, ha. Maybe I'll watch Episode I tonight. It's been so long since I've actually watched that movie, I don't even remember a lot of it. Or I could just throw Rogue One in yet again, that doesn't seem to get old!

• Thanks
I used the live chat. I don't think I've ever attempted to call them.

Will it help if I post pictures every time I get a new figure? ;) I agree, Sideshow isn't worth what they are charging and that's coming from someone who is willing to spend $400 more on a XM piece. Sideshow just doesn't have the quality to justify their cost now. Especially when PFs were only $300 a few years ago! One 1:3 or 1:2 piece a year would be badass too. I think we just need to get better at really enjoying what we have. Maybe it will also help if we just completely stop buying Sideshow statues. I think that's a good idea.

So what are you doing with your week off? I am super bored at work if you can't tell. Half of the office is off today and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks we're closed anyhow because the phone has hardly rang. I'm ready for some Oreos and a nap. I'm just really going to throw this day away when I get off, ha. Maybe I'll watch Episode I tonight. It's been so long since I've actually watched that movie, I don't even remember a lot of it. Or I could just throw Rogue One in yet again, that doesn't seem to get old!

That could help! :) I just can't understand how this company can sustain itself after that much of a price increase in such a short period of time. I totally want to just sit back and enjoy what I have. I can't do that though until I stop going on the SS website and forums daily. I'm really the problem lol.

I'm probably just going to catch up on some R&R, I might go watch the parade tomorrow morning downtown if I get up that early. Or I might just sleep a lot this week, or just hang out outside the weather is gorgeous right now! I think everyone should pretty much be off today, when the 4th is tomorrow so many people just took off today anyways. Episode I is still my favorite SW movie, I think I watch it more than any of them. I think TFA is the one I've watched the most recently though.

• Thanks
That could help! :) I just can't understand how this company can sustain itself after that much of a price increase in such a short period of time. I totally want to just sit back and enjoy what I have. I can't do that though until I stop going on the SS website and forums daily. I'm really the problem lol.

I'm probably just going to catch up on some R&R, I might go watch the parade tomorrow morning downtown if I get up that early. Or I might just sleep a lot this week, or just hang out outside the weather is gorgeous right now! I think everyone should pretty much be off today, when the 4th is tomorrow so many people just took off today anyways. Episode I is still my favorite SW movie, I think I watch it more than any of them. I think TFA is the one I've watched the most recently though.

Oh I know, every time I see something new I want it. It's even worse on Facebook because I'm constantly seeing all these sweet custom statues that I don't need...but I do. Someone actually made a custom Martian Manhunter statue, I'm so tempted! You probably wouldn't like the smoke effect, ha ha.

What's the temperature there? It's too hot to be outside here. The high on Wednesday is something stupid like 102. Are you going to blow anything up tomorrow? I probably won't leave the house, the AC is my friend right now.

• Thanks
Oh I know, every time I see something new I want it. It's even worse on Facebook because I'm constantly seeing all these sweet custom statues that I don't need...but I do. Someone actually made a custom Martian Manhunter statue, I'm so tempted! You probably wouldn't like the smoke effect, ha ha.

What's the temperature there? It's too hot to be outside here. The high on Wednesday is something stupid like 102. Are you going to blow anything up tomorrow? I probably won't leave the house, the AC is my friend right now.

Its a good thing I don't do facebook because seeing the custom stuff would just be another thing I'd have to try to avoid lol. I'm weird though, I usually prefer the most boring museum pose possible with almost all characters. You'd think I'd get bored of seeing that after awhile, but usually the more busy something is the more likely I am to get bored by it. Its really weird.

It was a gorgeous 75 today. I heard a lot of the country is going through a heat wave, but its going to be in the mid 70s here all week. :cool: I probably won't blow anything up, people have been shooting fireworks off around here for a week now, I'm sure tomorrow I could just take a walk around the block at night and get to see a lot people's firework shows.

Just checked and my item shipped, but its not scheduled to get here till next Monday :angry:.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Its a good thing I don't do facebook because seeing the custom stuff would just be another thing I'd have to try to avoid lol. I'm weird though, I usually prefer the most boring museum pose possible with almost all characters. You'd think I'd get bored of seeing that after awhile, but usually the more busy something is the more likely I am to get bored by it. Its really weird.

It was a gorgeous 75 today. I heard a lot of the country is going through a heat wave, but its going to be in the mid 70s here all week. :cool: I probably won't blow anything up, people have been shooting fireworks off around here for a week now, I'm sure tomorrow I could just take a walk around the block at night and get to see a lot people's firework shows.

Just checked and my item shipped, but its not scheduled to get here till next Monday :angry:.

Oh that sucks. I had something ship yesterday and it says it will be here Friday! I'm jealous of your weather, we are supposed to be high 90s/low 100s for the foreseeable future. Sigh.

I'm just not a fan of every statue being in a museum pose! Although I was looking at the Prime 1 1:2 Ledger Joker and I like that, I was hoping that's what you ordered but I don't think it's out yet.

Sideshow was busy with the announcements today, where is my life size Flash bust????

preview_BobaBust_v2.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner_StormtrooperBust.jpg

What do you think of this custom?

15267994_1746625978992212_1882701952124207472_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Oh that sucks. I had something ship yesterday and it says it will be here Friday! I'm jealous of your weather, we are supposed to be high 90s/low 100s for the foreseeable future. Sigh.

I'm just not a fan of every statue being in a museum pose! Although I was looking at the Prime 1 1:2 Ledger Joker and I like that, I was hoping that's what you ordered but I don't think it's out yet.

Sideshow was busy with the announcements today, where is my life size Flash bust????

preview_BobaBust_v2.jpg

1125x682_previewbanner_StormtrooperBust.jpg

I've got my windows open and I'm enjoying the beautiful weather and occasional cool breeze :p.

I actually really like the 1:2 Ledger a lot! And it has a ton of switch out hands! But I'm going to be done with the $2K pieces for a very long time. *sigh*

I think I'm going to get the Boba. I'm so pissed I missed out on the first one and I've seen it go for nearly $2K in the past in the aftermarket. I really want a life size piece and I think Boba is colorful enough to meet my no more super dark collectibles criteria. I may also wait and see if they make a 1:2 Boba instead. I just want a really big SW piece and I think Boba is going to be it one way or another.

Edit: I quite like that Supergirl custom. I mean, ideally, it would be best if she didn't have the Supergirl shirt on underneath :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I've got my windows open and I'm enjoying the beautiful weather and occasional cool breeze :p.

I actually really like the 1:2 Ledger a lot! And it has a ton of switch out hands! But I'm going to be done with the $2K pieces for a very long time. *sigh*

I think I'm going to get the Boba. I'm so pissed I missed out on the first one and I've seen it go for nearly $2K in the past in the aftermarket. I really want a life size piece and I think Boba is colorful enough to meet my no more super dark collectibles criteria. I may also wait and see if they make a 1:2 Boba instead. I just want a really big SW piece and I think Boba is going to be it one way or another.

Edit: I quite like that Supergirl custom. I mean, ideally, it would be best if she didn't have the Supergirl shirt on underneath :rofl:

Ha, well it wouldn't really be Supergirl then, it would just be random topless blonde girl!

When you say very long time...you really mean just a few months right? :p

Boba will be cool. I'm pretty sure they'll make a 1:2 scale version unless the others aren't selling well. Crazy that they're releasing all these busts all of the sudden after it seems like they were done with them. They put their life size Hulk bust up for order last week as well. I see today they announced yet another Wolverine PF. If you miss out on a popular character you only have to wait a year or two before they make them again.

• Thanks
Ha, well it wouldn't really be Supergirl then, it would just be random topless blonde girl!

When you say very long time...you really mean just a few months right? :p

Boba will be cool. I'm pretty sure they'll make a 1:2 scale version unless the others aren't selling well. Crazy that they're releasing all these busts all of the sudden after it seems like they were done with them. They put their life size Hulk bust up for order last week as well. I see today they announced yet another Wolverine PF. If you miss out on a popular character you only have to wait a year or two before they make them again.

Yup, which is totally fine! :rofl:

No its going to be a year or more before I'm going to seriously consider another 1:2, I absolutely do not have the funds for another one nor the space. Each one requires the same amount of width and depth as a besta, and at a minimum the same height as a two cube tall one, and after you lift it up to desired viewing height it requires pretty much the same space as a three cube tall besta.

Its looking pretty clear from a business standpoint that they have an easier time selling the same super popular characters over and over again than they do the more obscure or less popular main characters. It makes sense that as new people discover Sideshow they want to make sure they have the super popular ones available to bring customers into the company. This sure pisses off the fans that have been with SS for so long and have been waiting so long for them to finish lines they started years ago. I'm actually shocked they couldn't even finish the Justice League off in PF or life size busts though. Look for them to make another classic comic Batman PF within the next 6 months. The good news for me is they will probably make another life size Darth Maul bust soon.

• Thanks
Yup, which is totally fine! :rofl:

No its going to be a year or more before I'm going to seriously consider another 1:2, I absolutely do not have the funds for another one nor the space. Each one requires the same amount of width and depth as a besta, and at a minimum the same height as a two cube tall one, and after you lift it up to desired viewing height it requires pretty much the same space as a three cube tall besta.

Its looking pretty clear from a business standpoint that they have an easier time selling the same super popular characters over and over again than they do the more obscure or less popular main characters. It makes sense that as new people discover Sideshow they want to make sure they have the super popular ones available to bring customers into the company. This sure pisses off the fans that have been with SS for so long and have been waiting so long for them to finish lines they started years ago. I'm actually shocked they couldn't even finish the Justice League off in PF or life size busts though. Look for them to make another comic Batman PF within the next 6 months. The good news for me is they will probably make another life size Darth Maul bust soon.

Good point about the new buyers. I'm actually shocked there hasn't been a new Batman or Joker PF yet...or another Harley since she's super popular. Imagine the outrage if they remake those three and still there's no Flash. I doubt they'll go back to the Justice League life size busts, it took forever to sell out of that Green Lantern one. The only other one I would buy is Flash. Although I bet a Wonder Woman would fly off the shelves if they had put it up for order at the same time as the movie. They are never ready for the hype train while Hot Toys always is.

Speaking of Hot Toys, which SW figure do you think I should get next? I was kind of looking at the Death Trooper Specialist or Yoda. I kind of prefer the troopers and think Yoda is a little overpriced, but I will want to get him eventually. Hmmmm...

I wish I could afford those custom Justice League statues. I e-mailed the guy about Shazam and Martian Manhunter. They are $850 plus shipping from China (so around $300). Basically the price of a XM piece. I'm hoping to find someone in the U.S. selling theirs off for less later on when I have money to spend.

• Thanks
Good point about the new buyers. I'm actually shocked there hasn't been a new Batman or Joker PF yet...or another Harley since she's super popular. Imagine the outrage if they remake those three and still there's no Flash. I doubt they'll go back to the Justice League life size busts, it took forever to sell out of that Green Lantern one. The only other one I would buy is Flash. Although I bet a Wonder Woman would fly off the shelves if they had put it up for order at the same time as the movie. They are never ready for the hype train while Hot Toys always is.

Speaking of Hot Toys, which SW figure do you think I should get next? I was kind of looking at the Death Trooper Specialist or Yoda. I kind of prefer the troopers and think Yoda is a little overpriced, but I will want to get him eventually. Hmmmm...

I wish I could afford those custom Justice League statues. I e-mailed the guy about Shazam and Martian Manhunter. They are $850 plus shipping from China (so around $300). Basically the price of a XM piece. I'm hoping to find someone in the U.S. selling theirs off for less later on when I have money to spend.

I'm really surprised they haven't done another Joker. I think a new Harley won't be too far out either, I might have to get her as she's the one I miss most from the Batverse statues I sold. It looks like SS is having a hard time selling their Regular Aquaman PF, that doesn't look good for them releasing the rest of the Justice League anytime soon. As much as people are complaining on the forums that they aren't completing lines, I really think there are more buyers out there that just want the super popular characters rather than trying to complete a line. I've already seen a lot of heat on the forums the last two days from the new Boba bust and now the new Wolverine PF, but I bet SS has no problem selling either of them, especially if Wolverine is in his yellow and blue outfit. Have you seen that new Batman piece they are releasing that actually looks like a bat? Apparently its part of another new line. I can't figure out why the hell they'd start this stupid line before completing the Justice League.

I think that Yoda is super overpriced! Do you have a coupon or rewards to use towards it? That's one that is begging for a $50 coupon. Having said all of that, I'd go for Yoda first as he's a main character. But if you are focusing on trooper collecting instead that one might be the one to go for. Did you get Vader yet? If not you should really make sure you get a Vader in your collection before anything else :p.

Do they come painted? If so the price itself isn't that bad for a custom, shipping really kills it though.

I'm really surprised they haven't done another Joker. I think a new Harley won't be too far out either, I might have to get her as she's the one I miss most from the Batverse statues I sold. It looks like SS is having a hard time selling their Regular Aquaman PF, that doesn't look good for them releasing the rest of the Justice League anytime soon. As much as people are complaining on the forums that they aren't completing lines, I really think there are more buyers out there that just want the super popular characters rather than trying to complete a line. I've already seen a lot of heat on the forums the last two days from the new Boba bust and now the new Wolverine PF, but I bet SS has no problem selling either of them, especially if Wolverine is in his yellow and blue outfit. Have you seen that new Batman piece they are releasing that actually looks like a bat? Apparently its part of another new line. I can't figure out why the hell they'd start this stupid line before completing the Justice League.

I think that Yoda is super overpriced! Do you have a coupon or rewards to use towards it? That's one that is begging for a $50 coupon. Having said all of that, I'd go for Yoda first as he's a main character. But if you are focusing on trooper collecting instead that one might be the one to go for. Did you get Vader yet? If not you should really make sure you get a Vader in your collection before anything else :p.

Do they come painted? If so the price itself isn't that bad for a custom, shipping really kills it though.

Yeah those statues come painted and have an ES of 40. I just wish I had that kind of money lying around to make an impulse purchase, but I would need to save up or sell something and by then I probably wouldn't want them, ha ha.

True, I do need Vader. I kind of wish Hot Toys would make an ESB Vader though. Oh well, Vader is Vader no matter what he looks like.

The problem is they make too much of everything. Aquaman isn't exactly a big name character and they over produced and over priced him like everything they sell now days. XM has strict limits of 999 and even they'll make less than that on B or C list characters. Sideshow thinks they have to make 3,000-4,000 of everything (they made 4,000 Aquamans). They should basically drop the word "collectibles" off of their name. I missed the bat Batman. So he really is a Batman with bat powers in this case? :p

• Thanks
Yeah those statues come painted and have an ES of 40. I just wish I had that kind of money lying around to make an impulse purchase, but I would need to save up or sell something and by then I probably wouldn't want them, ha ha.

True, I do need Vader. I kind of wish Hot Toys would make an ESB Vader though. Oh well, Vader is Vader no matter what he looks like.

The problem is they make too much of everything. Aquaman isn't exactly a big name character and they over produced and over priced him like everything they sell now days. XM has strict limits of 999 and even they'll make less than that on B or C list characters. Sideshow thinks they have to make 3,000-4,000 of everything (they made 4,000 Aquamans). They should basically drop the word "collectibles" off of their name. I missed the bat Batman. So he really is a Batman with bat powers in this case? :p

Yup, I'm the same way. I absolutely love it when I'm lucky enough to have money at the right time to impulse buy something in full, but when I don't and I impulse order something on flex or something thats not coming out within the next three months I lose interest so quickly. A 40 ES sounds great though! If you would be able to find it later do you think you could find it cheaper?

They'll probably make an ESB version, but in the meantime their ANH Vader is really awesome! It says lines from the movie and comes with a remote control. The Rogue One Vader looks awesome too. I'm so glad I decided to not go after SW with Hot Toys because I made a list of all the characters I wanted:

ANH: Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, Obi-Wan, Vader, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, C-3PO, R2-D2

ESB: Bespin Luke, Hoth Leia, Lando, Yoda

ROTJ: Jedi Luke, Vader, Emperor, Boba

TPM: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Anakin, Sebulba, Queen Amidala (first red gown), Padme (Tatooine), Padme (Naboo Battle), Watto, Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Captain Panaka, Jar-Jar, Boss Nass, Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid, C-3PO

AOTC: Jango, Count Dooku

ROTS: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Darth Sidious, Grievous

That's like 10 grand+ there! :rofl:. And I made that list before TFA or Rogue One came out.

Ha! He kinda looks like he is. When they showed it off in their video people thought it was Man-Bat, but they quickly came out and said its Batman and its from a new line called Gotham Nightmares. I think its 1/5th scale. Its not something I'd ever buy though. I can't figure out why they'd make 4000 Aquamans either (or is it Aquamen :LOL:).

• Thanks
Yup, I'm the same way. I absolutely love it when I'm lucky enough to have money at the right time to impulse buy something in full, but when I don't and I impulse order something on flex or something thats not coming out within the next three months I lose interest so quickly. A 40 ES sounds great though! If you would be able to find it later do you think you could find it cheaper?

They'll probably make an ESB version, but in the meantime their ANH Vader is really awesome! It says lines from the movie and comes with a remote control. The Rogue One Vader looks awesome too. I'm so glad I decided to not go after SW with Hot Toys because I made a list of all the characters I wanted:

ANH: Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, Obi-Wan, Vader, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, C-3PO, R2-D2

ESB: Bespin Luke, Hoth Leia, Lando, Yoda

ROTJ: Jedi Luke, Vader, Emperor, Boba

TPM: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Anakin, Sebulba, Queen Amidala (first red gown), Padme (Tatooine), Padme (Naboo Battle), Watto, Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Captain Panaka, Jar-Jar, Boss Nass, Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid, C-3PO

AOTC: Jango, Count Dooku

ROTS: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Darth Sidious, Grievous

That's like 10 grand+ there! :rofl:. And I made that list before TFA or Rogue One came out.

Ha! He kinda looks like he is. When they showed it off in their video people thought it was Man-Bat, but they quickly came out and said its Batman and its from a new line called Gotham Nightmares. I think its 1/5th scale. Its not something I'd ever buy though. I can't figure out why they'd make 4000 Aquamans either (or is it Aquamen :LOL:).

It seems like whenever I see people trying to sell those custom statues it's usually for less than what they paid plus they're stateside so no $300 shipping!

See you look at that list as a bad thing while I think it's awesome that you actually have the opportunity to buy nearly all those OT figures in 1/6 scale! You could easily just pick up a few figures a year and chip away at that. It could be years (if ever) before they get to the prequels. Would you be able to resist if HT made a fantastic looking Qui-Gon? There's rumors that Anakin may still happen. Seriously, you can now have highly detailed figures of all the toys you loved when you were younger. I'm going to win a HT SW contest eventually and send you the figure, ha ha.

They will truly make anything with the Batman name on it. Ridiculous! I guess they need the money to pay for all their Aquaman statues!

• Thanks
It seems like whenever I see people trying to sell those custom statues it's usually for less than what they paid plus they're stateside so no $300 shipping!

See you look at that list as a bad thing while I think it's awesome that you actually have the opportunity to buy nearly all those OT figures in 1/6 scale! You could easily just pick up a few figures a year and chip away at that. It could be years (if ever) before they get to the prequels. Would you be able to resist if HT made a fantastic looking Qui-Gon? There's rumors that Anakin may still happen. Seriously, you can now have highly detailed figures of all the toys you loved when you were younger. I'm going to win a HT SW contest eventually and send you the figure, ha ha.

They will truly make anything with the Batman name on it. Ridiculous! I guess they need the money to pay for all their Aquaman statues!

That's good to know, I'd figure with a super low ES like that they'd go for a fortune, but the secondary statue market is collapsing.

That would probably be doable, but at this point I'm just going to stick to PFs with SW. There would be the occasional HT SW character that I would pick up like Qui-Gon, because I don't think SS will ever make him in PF, but I just wouldn't want to redo everything and character I've done. And I really don't want two different scales of SW stuff unless they are massively different scales, like maybe a single 1:2 piece or a couple 1:1 busts. Then again if you sent me a figure from a contest you won that could change everything! :p Speaking of Qui-Gon, I heard there is an issue with Liam Neeson not wanting to give his likeness rights anymore. That would make sense why we aren't seeing any Qui-Gon stuff. I've also heard that if someone manages to get an autograph from him he refuses to sign almost all Star Wars stuff. This was before he made that video appearance at Celebration, so maybe he's changing his tune.

I don't know how SS can sustain making the less popular characters with a high ES. Unless they aren't making the fully claimed ES. I know a lot of pieces supposedly sell out and then a few months later all of a sudden a new batch arrives. I wonder if they do that with all of their stuff, just make it in batches and then continue on only if the batch sells through in a certain amount of time.

• Thanks
That's good to know, I'd figure with a super low ES like that they'd go for a fortune, but the secondary statue market is collapsing.

That would probably be doable, but at this point I'm just going to stick to PFs with SW. There would be the occasional HT SW character that I would pick up like Qui-Gon, because I don't think SS will ever make him in PF, but I just wouldn't want to redo everything and character I've done. And I really don't want two different scales of SW stuff unless they are massively different scales, like maybe a single 1:2 piece or a couple 1:1 busts. Then again if you sent me a figure from a contest you won that could change everything! :p Speaking of Qui-Gon, I heard there is an issue with Liam Neeson not wanting to give his likeness rights anymore. That would make sense why we aren't seeing any Qui-Gon stuff. I've also heard that if someone manages to get an autograph from him he refuses to sign almost all Star Wars stuff. This was before he made that video appearance at Celebration, so maybe he's changing his tune.

I don't know how SS can sustain making the less popular characters with a high ES. Unless they aren't making the fully claimed ES. I know a lot of pieces supposedly sell out and then a few months later all of a sudden a new batch arrives. I wonder if they do that with all of their stuff, just make it in batches and then continue on only if the batch sells through in a certain amount of time.

Yeah, the secondary statue market is taking a dive. It probably doesn't help that people know they can just wait a year or two and Sideshow will remake the same character again. Or they'll just re-release the same statue. Plus there are other companies also making the same characters now. Sideshow had a "low stock" alert on their 1/6 jawas, then they went to sold out, now they're back to pre-order with an apparent second batch arriving in November. Typical Sideshow behavior.

Booo! Ha ha. You'll never get all your characters made in PF scale. Or by the time you do, they will cost $800 a piece, ha. Are you going to try to save up for a Tarkin PF eventually? I'm shocked Sideshow hasn't re-released that one yet.

So it sounds like Liam Neeson is this generation's Alec Guinness? That dude hated Star Wars. I imagine if Liam actually did something for Star Wars Celebration then he must be softening his stance a little. Either that or Disney's stormtroopers held him at gunpoint and forced him to make the video appearance.

• Thanks
Yeah, the secondary statue market is taking a dive. It probably doesn't help that people know they can just wait a year or two and Sideshow will remake the same character again. Or they'll just re-release the same statue. Plus there are other companies also making the same characters now. Sideshow had a "low stock" alert on their 1/6 jawas, then they went to sold out, now they're back to pre-order with an apparent second batch arriving in November. Typical Sideshow behavior.

Booo! Ha ha. You'll never get all your characters made in PF scale. Or by the time you do, they will cost $800 a piece, ha. Are you going to try to save up for a Tarkin PF eventually? I'm shocked Sideshow hasn't re-released that one yet.

So it sounds like Liam Neeson is this generation's Alec Guinness? That dude hated Star Wars. I imagine if Liam actually did something for Star Wars Celebration then he must be softening his stance a little. Either that or Disney's stormtroopers held him at gunpoint and forced him to make the video appearance.

Yup, there it is! And speaking of Jawas, I heard there was some issue with the joints on them, people couldn't get them to hold a pose or stand up or something. I've never bought a 1/6th fig from Sideshow. Do you think they should be comparable with HT, or do you think they should be cheaper?

I don't think I'd buy a Tarkin in PF. That list I made for HT was basically a wish list if I had the funds for them before I made the PF leap, but I would never have the money or space to buy all of those in PF. I even left troopers off the list because there are so many of them, but if money was no object all the troopers would be on the list too. I think I'm winding down with SW altogether. I'm happy where I'm at, the room is full enough for me. I'll probably pick up the occasional PF, or HT if one really strikes my eye, and maybe a bust or 1:2 grail piece, but I think I'm done with planned SW "collecting". And I might even be done with DC too, I'm already just picking up random stuff that really catches my eye when I have funds, I'm not really doing any planned collecting.

I'm not quite sure whats going on with Liam, he was one of the most accomplished actors at the time in TPM, maybe he looks down on it as critics didn't like it. I don't know if it had any type of positive or negative reaction on his career. It seems he's done more action roles since, and less dramatic ones.

• Thanks
Yup, there it is! And speaking of Jawas, I heard there was some issue with the joints on them, people couldn't get them to hold a pose or stand up or something. I've never bought a 1/6th fig from Sideshow. Do you think they should be comparable with HT, or do you think they should be cheaper?

I don't think I'd buy a Tarkin in PF. That list I made for HT was basically a wish list if I had the funds for them before I made the PF leap, but I would never have the money or space to buy all of those in PF. I even left troopers off the list because there are so many of them, but if money was no object all the troopers would be on the list too. I think I'm winding down with SW altogether. I'm happy where I'm at, the room is full enough for me. I'll probably pick up the occasional PF, or HT if one really strikes my eye, and maybe a bust or 1:2 grail piece, but I think I'm done with planned SW "collecting". And I might even be done with DC too, I'm already just picking up random stuff that really catches my eye when I have funds, I'm not really doing any planned collecting.

I'm not quite sure whats going on with Liam, he was one of the most accomplished actors at the time in TPM, maybe he looks down on it as critics didn't like it. I don't know if it had any type of positive or negative reaction on his career. It seems he's done more action roles since, and less dramatic ones.

They should be cheaper. I had Commander Cody and a clone trooper, neither could stay standing without a stand. I usually don't use the stands for the Hot Toys figures. The Sideshow bodies are just too loose. Plus their head sculpts still aren't there.

I'm jealous you're done. I still have lists of characters I want, it's pretty bad. Of course, nobody is making any DC statues I want at the moment so that's not costing me anything. I'm sure some movie will blow you away and then you'll need another statue. ;)

Yeah, it's kind of odd. I mean even if people don't like the prequels, they still usually like Qui-Gonn so he must just look down on Star Wars like Guinness did.

How's your week off treating you?

• Thanks
They should be cheaper. I had Commander Cody and a clone trooper, neither could stay standing without a stand. I usually don't use the stands for the Hot Toys figures. The Sideshow bodies are just too loose. Plus their head sculpts still aren't there.

I'm jealous you're done. I still have lists of characters I want, it's pretty bad. Of course, nobody is making any DC statues I want at the moment so that's not costing me anything. I'm sure some movie will blow you away and then you'll need another statue. ;)

Yeah, it's kind of odd. I mean even if people don't like the prequels, they still usually like Qui-Gonn so he must just look down on Star Wars like Guinness did.

How's your week off treating you?

Its fabulous! I'm just being so lazy and it feels so good! :LOL: I think I'm going to grill out tonight.

Well that sucks, especially since they are charging even more than HT for some of their figs.

I'm never really done. I think I just don't want to commit anymore to a line or license. A lot of people say its less stressful if you can commit to one license or line, but I find it the complete opposite. There is just too much awesome stuff out there that pops up that I don't plan on, and often I find myself wanting it more than the stuff I do plan on, or stuff that I already have. I hate it even more when you are planning to stick to certain characters, and you're planning to pass on others, and then the characters you don't want end up getting made while the ones you do want don't. I also don't want to commit to putting funds away for a character that may never even get made while letting awesome stuff pass me by. I think if a character comes out that I can not pass on and I don't have funds for I'll just sell something less important.

• Thanks