STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Dude!!!!! :scat: I didn't know you put up more pics. It's looking great! :thumbs: I love the Besta's but I just don't have enough 24" statues to put in it. Actually I only have one. :hilarious: But if Sideshow releases any more Disney ones I could be tempted. :ohno: We're getting a double wide Billy Bookshelf soon. I have the 15" wide one and were out of space. I can't fit Hook in it and I don't want to buy a single plexi glass case of plastic case to go over it so we're gonna get the 30" wide one. I like the way you can move the shelves all over the place to to fit what ever you want to fit in it. But those Besta's with those doors are awesome!!! I think you can get similar doors for the Billy but you'd loose a lot of visual space.

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Thanks man. Yeah, the doors on mine are Vassbo. I originally had all Tombo doors (thin metal frame rather than thick wood frame) but I wanted to make my cabinets dust proof. So, I got the Vassbo doors since there were almost no gaps for dust to get in. For the small gaps, I bought some thin brown weather stripping to seal'em up. It's very well hidden and the only dust that can get in is when I open a door to put in or take out a statue.

Is the 30" Billy bookshelf deep enough to fit Hook? I can't blame you for not going with an acrylic case for it. They are very expensive. When I first started out collecting sideshow PF's, I bought acrylic cases for each new statue, but got tired of paying $2-$300 a pop. That was why I went with the Bestas. More money for statues now.

Also, are you getting the Jessica Rabbit PF? I think that is the only other Disney PF they have. Unless you count Rinzler, but I think that's a maquette.

Thanks man. Yeah, the doors on mine are Vassbo. I originally had all Tombo doors (thin metal frame rather than thick wood frame) but I wanted to make my cabinets dust proof. So, I got the Vassbo doors since there were almost no gaps for dust to get in. For the small gaps, I bought some thin brown weather stripping to seal'em up. It's very well hidden and the only dust that can get in is when I open a door to put in or take out a statue.

Is the 30" Billy bookshelf deep enough to fit Hook? I can't blame you for not going with an acrylic case for it. They are very expensive. When I first started out collecting sideshow PF's, I bought acrylic cases for each new statue, but got tired of paying $2-$300 a pop. That was why I went with the Bestas. More money for statues now.

Also, are you getting the Jessica Rabbit PF? I think that is the only other Disney PF they have. Unless you count Rinzler, but I think that's a maquette.

No I won't be getting Jessica. I'm not a big fan of girl statues or figures. Don't know why but just nevew have been. I'm really tempted on the Rinzler statue but it will just be if I have the funds by then.

The Billy we're getting is 15" deep which I believe is the same as the Besta. The only difference will be the two doors rather than one. The hook statue is 17" deep so Ill have to angle it a bit which is fine. I like looking at it a bit angled cause you can see more of it. That will leave me a good amount of space on the other side for something else. I know what you mean about some dust getting through but id rather dust once in a while inside then loose the width of it and the adjustable shelves. I have all kinds of different sized collectibles.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

How deep do the wooden parts cover the glass anyway? If they aren't to deep I might go with those. Do you know if they change depending on the size of the door?

No I won't be getting Jessica. I'm not a big fan of girl statues or figures. Don't know why but just nevew have been. I'm really tempted on the Rinzler statue but it will just be if I have the funds by then.

The Billy we're getting is 15" deep which I believe is the same as the Besta. The only difference will be the two doors rather than one. The hook statue is 17" deep so Ill have to angle it a bit which is fine. I like looking at it a bit angled cause you can see more of it. That will leave me a good amount of space on the other side for something else. I know what you mean about some dust getting through but id rather dust once in a while inside then loose the width of it and the adjustable shelves. I have all kinds of different sized collectibles.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

How deep do the wooden parts cover the glass anyway? If they aren't to deep I might go with those. Do you know if they change depending on the size of the door?

The wood parts on my doors are about an inch thick and it's one big solid door (3 pieces of glass). They don't change depending on the size of the door, but do change on, obviously, depending on what door type you get.

I didn't know there were 15" deep Billy bookcases. I'm going to have to check them out and see what doors are available for it. Wish they had that back in the day when I first started collecting, LOL!

Wow that Aayla Secura PF looks great! Congrats on the new arrival!

Damn that chick does look good love the saber.

Thanks guys! I remember someone once told me that this character would never be made as a PF. So happy SS made it.

Reactions: snsguy
Well dude, after looking into all of it we've decided not to get the 30" billy. We would have to get the alluminum with glass to actually not loose any visual space. Getting the wood panels like the bestas would cut off a lot of that. We're going to get a double wide besta. I showed my wife yours and she immediately liked it. I do as well. It just looks much nicer. A single billy looks fine but a double billy with the alluminum glass doors almost cheapens it. About the would panels. Are you saying its an inch thick or an inch from the outer edge to the glass. I'm wondering how far it is from the outer edge of the the door wood panel to where it meets the glass. I'm trying to figure out how much visual space is lost by the paneling on the door. Obivioulsy if it was aluminum with the glass you'd be able to see inside the bestas more. With the wood panel I just want to see how much less will be seen because of it if that makes sense. Thanks bud for the help!

Last edited:
Well dude, after looking into all of it we've decided not to get the 30" billy. We would have to get the alluminum with glass to actually not loose a visual space. Getting the wood panels like the bestas would cut off a lot of that. We're going to get a double wide besta. I showed my wife yours and she immediately liked it. I do as well. It just looks much nicer. A witless billy looks fine but a double billy with the alluminum glass doors almost cheapens it. About the would panels. Are you saying its an inch thick or an inch from the outer edge to the glass. I'm wondering how far it is from the outer edge of the the door wood panel to where it meets the glass. I'm trying to figure out how much visual space is lost by the paneling on the door. Obivioulsy if it was aluminum with the glass you be able to see inside the bests more. With the wood panel I just want to see how much less will be seen because of it if thqt makes sense. Thanks bud for the help!

It's close to 3 inches. I had thought you meant the "thickness" of the door, LOL! I guess you could look at it as a 3" border around the glass like a picture frame. Hope that helps. Definitely let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help.

Ya that's what I needed to know. That's a lot of visual view loss isn't there or is it not that noticeable? Also can you tell me whether or not it's 19" wide inside on either side,since we're looking at the double, or 22" wide? I can't seem to figure it out since their seems to be two different sizes for their shelves on the web site. I want to put my Hook in their obviously but I have the 12" figures as well as 9" and smaller so I want to know if I'll be able to fit that stuff and they'll still be seen without always having to open it all the time. This has been really tough to figure out which one to get. The besta or the billy. If the billy ends up showing more we may have to just deal with the aluminum doors. I know it shows a lot in the single one we have right now and the double would be twice the amount but I really like the besta with the wood doors more, look wise.

Last edited:
Ya that's what I needed to know. That's a lot of visual view loss isn't there or is it not that noticeable? Also can you tell me whether or not it's 19" wide inside on either side,since we're looking at the double, or 22" wide? I can't seem to figure it out since their seems to be two different sizes for their shelves on the web site. I want to put my Hook in their obviously but I have the 12" figures as well as 9" and smaller so I want to know if I'll be able to fit that stuff and they'll still be seen without always having to open it all the time. This has been really tough to figure out which one to get. The besta or the billy. If the billy ends up showing more we may have to just deal with the aluminum doors. I know it shows a lot in the single one we have right now and the double would be twice the amount but I really like the besta with the wood doors more, look wise.

I definitely noticed it at first. You gotta figure the aluminum border on the Tombo door is about 1/4" thick, so jumping to a 3" border was definitely noticable. I used the Tombo doors for years and loved them. You can see absolutely everything inside the cabinet due to the small aluminum frame taking up no viewing space, and the aluminum frame also pops agains the black/brown back ground. Still, they did have their drawbacks. First, dust could still slip in between the door and the cabinet easily. Second, if you get all square Tombo doors (like this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554) there are many hours spent adjusting and re-adjusting to get them to line up and sit right with the others. Third, they are very very heavy. If one of those locks somehow came loose and a top door slipped out, it would definitely cause some damage to whatever it hit. Not that it's likely to happen, but my youngest likes to lay on the floor, right in front of the cabinet, to watch movies in my room, and the first time that thought popped into my head, I was getting new doors the next day.

I went with the Vassbo doors (these: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50210840/#/90210838) mainly due to them being one full panel. Easier to adjust and line up with the others, better fit for keeping dust out, and if you add small weather stripping to block any of the small gaps, the thicker wood border hides it. I also like that the border hides the light, mostly, from being seen. The drawback, less viewing area. But, honestly, you can still see anything you may put in there very well. Unless you put something on the far left or right and an inch away from the door, you're not going to notice any blockage.

So, I measured the inside of my double wide, and it's slightly over 22" wide per side. It's roomy enough to fit up to 3 PF's sometimes. In one of my pics you can see Leia from ANH on the bottom. The Luke ANH and Han ANH PF's are behind her too. It can fit most 1:1 busts and sometimes a bust and a statue. IMO, very much worth it.

Dude I had a whole post written and ready to be put up and my phone locked up on me. So I'm posting it again. Thanks so much for all the info. I agree with you one the aluminum doors. I don't want to dink around with the doors over and over again to get them lined up. Putting the units together is task in of itself. So then if you have an item or items put a bit back you can still use the 22" across and still see stuff. It's just when you have them close to the front of the shelf that you really loose the visual space?

That's great the Vasboro covers a lot of the light. That can be distracting and dealing with dust is a pain with the Billy. It's not terrible but I worry about some of the stuff that has material on it.

I have another question. How far is it from the bottom of each glass panel to the top of each one. I'm guessing they are all the same but I just wanted to get an idea of how much viewing space there is vertially to. Also are the two wooden panels that go across each of the doors also about three inches like the side panels. Thanks for helping me bud. The nearest IKEA to us is about 3 hrs. and 20 mins. So I can't really run over to check this stuff out. Do you use any of the glass shelves. I was thinking of getting some since I'll be using more then one shelf per one of the cube areas. It will also give me a bit more space vertically to to work with instead of it being taken up by the thick wooden shelves. I know it's not much but it's made a world of difference in the the Billy that we have.

So then if you have an item or items put a bit back you can still use the 22" across and still see stuff. It's just when you have them close to the front of the shelf that you really loose the visual space?

Correct. And, it would have to be a small piece for the border of the door to hide it as well.

How far is it from the bottom of each glass panel to the top of each one. I'm guessing they are all the same but I just wanted to get an idea of how much viewing space there is vertially to.

Top to bottom measures 21" and left to right 17".

Also are the two wooden panels that go across each of the doors also about three inches like the side panels.

Yes, the horizontal wood border is the same width as the rest of the door border.

I haven't considered the glass shelves simply because the statues I have are all large and it would be difficult to "stack" two of those statues in that area. I have thought about getting the mirror bottom/ back though. I don't care much for the back but the bottom would be good for reflecting light.

I'm also either going to buy or make a diffuser for the lights. My lights are close to the front of the door and sometimes dust that is on the outside of the glass is visible. It's not much but I used a small piece of white construction paper, in an L shape, do diffuse the light, and it looked awesome. The holes in the side of the bookshelves were less visable too. Not sure what lights you plan to use, if any, but something to keep in mind.

Thanks again for all the measurements It helps a lot in planning this thing out.Its going to help me figure out which things will go on each shelf and where i can use glass shelves. I use the diodder ones I think they are called. They are round and thin. I have 8 of them I believe. I'm not sure if ill need more or not. I'm having a hard time picturing what your saying about the construction paper idea.

Not the best pics, you're right, but definatly the best collection!
Darth Maul can be changed to the other pose wearing the hood?
That's looks badass, they're bringing out a new darth maul, worth checking out, he's grown horns and has machine legs!

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Happy Birthday STARKILLER!!!!

Thanks man! :D

Awesome collection :scat:

Thank you, Sir!

Not the best pics, you're right, but definatly the best collection!
Darth Maul can be changed to the other pose wearing the hood?
That's looks badass, they're bringing out a new darth maul, worth checking out, he's grown horns and has machine legs!

Thanks, RiX! I was hoping to get that cyborg "chicken leg" darth maul, but with the LSF maul coming, I had to hold off on that, for now.

Thanks again for all the measurements It helps a lot in planning this thing out.Its going to help me figure out which things will go on each shelf and where i can use glass shelves. I use the diodder ones I think they are called. They are round and thin. I have 8 of them I believe. I'm not sure if ill need more or not. I'm having a hard time picturing what your saying about the construction paper idea.

It's just something I'm messing with. Trying to make the light more ambient than focused on the statue. I'll get a pic or two up of what I mean.

I am not one to get all crazy over Star Wars collectibles....but man, that is one awesome looking space. Definitely something to be proud of.

Thank you, SBC!

I got to open my Mythos Maul today. One of two statues I got for my birthday:

8383548908_24dab4c410_c.jpg

8382465881_cfcc9dca22_c.jpg

8383548694_ee3e4827a9_c.jpg

8383548432_c79dffb639_c.jpg

8383548522_fb93359b32_c.jpg

Messing with the filters a little on this one:

8382465639_6199405f53_c.jpg

Reactions: vurt and thefly