Steel Archive Exclusives & Suggestion thread

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
steelarchive-logo-1435863484.jpg

Feel free to suggest titles you'd like Steel Archive to cover in their Exclusive SteelBook editions.

#1 Spring - Love Is A Monster (Full Slip - Limited to 100 - 6 photo cards - Numbered Card - Numbered Sticker)

I own the Lenticular Steelbook with 1 & 2 already. And sold the first one which I bought before.
Will not buy another release of this, especially for 35-40 eur. I'm disappointed too (n) And most of Splendids releases are not my cup of tea so I can't see a good deal for me..

Reactions: Bunk
I own the Lenticular Steelbook with 1 & 2 already. And sold the first one which I bought before.
Will not buy another release of this, especially for 35-40 eur. I'm disappointed too (n) And most of Splendids releases are not my cup of tea so I can't see a good deal for me..
I must agree, most of the films they release are quite uh... subpar, and that's saying it in a nice way. As entertaining some of them are, it's just a fact that most of the people don't want to pay a premium price for a bad B movie.

Reactions: Bunk and bojee

who say they cost 30 - 40 € ??

Some other movies I was thinking about that would make for an awesome release :

Starry Eyes (2014 horror)
The House of the Devil (2009 horror)
Slow West (2015 western)
Cop Car (2015 thriller)
Blue Ruin (2014 revenge thriller)
The One I Love (2014 sci-fi romance)

These are just some of my favorite films from recent years that have no special editions coming out. Would love to replace my boring amarays with something a little nicer.

Reactions: AlienKing
Some other movies I was thinking about that would make for an awesome release :

Starry Eyes (2014 horror)
The House of the Devil (2009 horror)
Slow West (2015 western)
Cop Car (2015 thriller)
Blue Ruin (2014 revenge thriller)
The One I Love (2014 sci-fi romance)

These are just some of my favorite films from recent years that have no special editions coming out. Would love to replace my boring amarays with something a little nicer.

agree but at this Time only 2 Studios say YES to Fullslip Edition.

I think the other don't want a partnership with small business, so let us ask them in 6 month.

After the fiasco of the PayPal oversell of the first release and the choice of this movie rapidly losing interest in Steel Archive

Joining the others: I'm sadly disappointed by this choice. :(

If SteelArchive had to wait a few months to get a worthy exclusive, I think they should have passed on all current choices from Splendid and waited for a better film, in order to have a more coherent collection — you can't be more different than an arthouse/moody film like Spring and a gore horror movie like Dead Snow... it's like if PlainArchive followed Melancholia with Pixels, or if BluFans suddenly wanted to release Foxcatcher :D).

Same here. Plus, I won't bother to order anything from them. I would never support a company that treat customers like s*** cancelling their copies with no REAL explanations or blocking people on their Facebook page when one talk about this issue or saying something one day and the contrary the day after.

By the way, still no news about the so called "cancelled bulk orders". Was it even true or just to make us believe that they care about collectors?
They were supposed to contact us and let us know what they could do and maybe offer the "scalper copies" to those who got their order cancelled but... Nothing... I guess it's really difficult to count 100 copies hmmm

Anyways. Even if i don't like this second movie choice, i must admit that they could do something really cool with the slipcover as they previously did with Spring! So even if i won't buy, i'm very curious to see what it will look like :)

Your opinion I accept Paypal but for the problem I could not.
Or you buy no more Nova? Because Nova also had severe problems with the first release. I can only say the stability Server.

Ultimately, everyone should ask themselves their own production to his feet and then you can complain about others first.

I answer here because @Apollon would move it anyway to this thread :kiss:

@DuckDogers
Buddy, no offense but maybe you need someone who translate english to you and for you. My english is also very bad but you miss the point sometimes or your answers feel like it.

I think the problem with this is not that it happened, the problem is that you raised hope with your announcement of these cancelled bulk orders. People who got cancelled through the Paypal accident
thought they could receive these but after your announcement you never said anything on that again. You only said you can't order more because amazon took the whole stock.
Everyone feels for this situation, especially with a new company, but then you need to choose your words and announcements more wisely. You raised hope where no hope was. And I think people feel so sad and left behind because they put a lot of excitement and anticipation in your company and these series. On one hand it's a appreciation to you because you raised a lot of interest in your idea and product.

With Dead Snow it's the same situation. You said you don't wanna choose any title what Splendid offered and you want to wait. Next day you chose Dead Snow. Yeah probably you made a good deal with Splendid
for future releases but its a little bit weird for everybody who followed the thread and try'd to put their opinion to this like you asked for.

And it's unprofessional to answer with "yeah do it on your own then you can say something about this" No, this is a forum and we are the people who probably buy your products and you asked for our opinion!
There are collector who want a complete collection of one retailer. When they missed out on 001 with an cancelled order and dislike the second title the interest goes very fast down.
And with in mind that you will chose more Splendid title it don't make it better. We understand that your moves are very limited due to no faith from the retailers in your Full Slips but maybe you had to work this out before you announced and released 001. For example, the magazine Zombie comes up with a new Mediabook series and announced 001 - Fido. In the same announcement they said they
got the first 5 titles safe. So they got enough time to see if these sell well and make new deals. No I can't do what you do, and I'm thankful for Spring and excited for future releases but please choose your
words more wisely than there would be not so much confusion I think.

I would love to see an A Million Ways to Die in the West Steelbook!

Also, Compliance is one that I've been hoping to see for some time.

And I'd like to chime in for It Follows, if you can make that happen with Universal sometime in the future. Best horror movie I've seen in a long time, and what a plethora of artwork to choose from!

Last edited:
Reactions: blu-steel
Don't listen to these haters. Dead Snow 1 and 2 are easily two of the most entertaining B horror films to be released in the last six years, and I'll be all over this release. Well, only if it has the original audio and English subs where necessary. Otherwise, never mind. I didn't buy the Splendid steelbook because of the audio/subtitle issue.

By the way, I agree with jacobsever on Blue Ruin and House of the Devil. It Follows would be great, too. I think all three of those would fit in nicely alongside Spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranavalone
@adarkcorner No one hated the movies in fact and it will probably be the same Splendid Steelbook you didn't buy :thumbs:

In this context, "hater" is just American slang for someone who dislikes/disapproves of something or who is generally negative or critical. It's not usually meant to imply actual hatred; in fact, it's usually used in jest and/or for exaggeration. Which was how I intended it to be taken when I referred to the multiple people above who either don't like the movie or just don't want SteelArchive to make that choice.

Here are some quotes from those people:
"disappointing"
"I'm disappointed too"
"Splendid's releases are not my cup of tea"
"a bad B movie"

I believe those statements qualify as dislike and/or disapproval. And of course those people are fully entitled to their opinions. I was in no way trying to insult anyone; I didn't realize an emoticon was needed for clarification.

If that's true about the disc, I'm disappointed myself. I wonder if @DuckDogers could chime in on that?