Straight Outta Compton (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #41) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 799 CZK (30,39 €)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc (CLOSED)
Note: 1001 numbered copies

13512078_1389310094418874_8609614376334424300_n.jpg

1.jpg SOC.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be this guy again: it is not normal that this is priced at 899 CZK.

Let's say it's priced like a new film (steelbook has been out since January 19 though), it still only contains a single BD disc!

Both The Martian and Everest were 899 CZK, they had an extra 3D disc- and it was still overpriced because Jurassic World was 799 CZK & also had a 3D disc and similar goodies.
The only times FA correctly priced items at 899 CZK were Exodus and Terminator 5 (two extra discs: a bonus disc and a 3D disc).

For the past few months, FilmArena's pricing has become incoherent. I'm very happy with their products, but it used to be clearly cheaper than Korean retailers and now they're catching up. :dunno:

And AFAIK, FilmArena have given no reason for that price hike. I'm looking at the invoices in my PM box, and Edward Scissorhands on February 21, 2016 was the last FAC release to have a coherent price (699 CZK). After that it's always been at least 100 CZK more than it should be, or even pretty clearly 200 CZK too expensive :coffee: (Independence Day).

It's a very real trend and it hasn't been addressed by FilmArena- they know they can charge 100 CZK more for each release for no reason and people will still pay, but they could have given a bogus reason to try and justify it, unless they thought we wouldn't notice.

I held out on getting this steelbook in case there'd be a special edition, I didn't expect it to be this expensive, but I still signed up for the GB as always very appreciated.

Let's say it's priced like a new film (steelbook has been out since January 19 though), it still only contains a single BD disc!

Both The Martian and Everest were 899 CZK, they had an extra 3D disc- and it was still overpriced because Jurassic World was 799 CZK & also had a 3D disc and similar goodies.
The only times FA correctly priced items at 899 CZK were Exodus and Terminator 5 (two extra discs: a bonus disc and a 3D disc).

For the past few months, FilmArena's pricing has become incoherent. I'm very happy with their products, but it used to be clearly cheaper than Korean retailers and now they're catching up. :dunno:

And AFAIK, FilmArena have given no reason for that price hike. I'm looking at the invoices in my PM box, and Edward Scissorhands on February 21, 2016 was the last FAC release to have a coherent price (699 CZK). After that it's always been at least 100 CZK more than it should be, or even pretty clearly 200 CZK too expensive :coffee: (Independence Day).

It's a very real trend and it hasn't been addressed by FilmArena- they know they can charge 100 CZK more for each release for no reason and people will still pay, but they could have given a bogus reason to try and justify it, unless they thought we wouldn't notice.

I held out on getting this steelbook in case there'd be a special edition, I didn't expect it to be this expensive, but I still signed up for the GB as always very appreciated.

I agree, mentioned this a couple of times too in regards to pricing. But I have a feeling FA really don't give a sh*t want we say and think.

Very, very true. They are increasing the price just because they can. I expected price 799 CZK for this release - would be too much, but not ridiculous. Not mentioning Director's cut is missing ... The FAC hype has reached its peak and they know it so they clearly want to make as much profit as possible. Announcing almost 1 edition every week and pricing them more than necessary. So the prices (if you add HDN fees and shipping costs) are now quite the same as Blufans or HDzeta, which used to be clearly the most expensive retailers. But you know, people will still buy it. :)

Very, very true. They are increasing the price just because they can. I expected price 799 CZK for this release - would be too much, but not ridiculous. Not mentioning Director's cut is missing ... The FAC hype has reached its peak and they know it so they clearly want to make as much profit as possible. Announcing almost 1 edition every week and pricing them more than necessary. So the prices (if you add HDN fees and shipping costs) are now quite the same as Blufans or HDzeta, which used to be clearly the most expensive retailers. But you know, people will still buy it. :)

Is the directors cut definately missing then?
That's a bit rubbish

I've been considering it but the price was putting me off and if it has no DC then it's a defo no from me

Is the directors cut definately missing then?
That's a bit rubbish

I've been considering it but the price was putting me off and if it has no DC then it's a defo no from me

Blu-ray disc in Czech region doesn't include Director's Cut, they announced it on their FA magazine website.

SOC.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Actually guys I'm pretty sure that they DID address the pricing with regards to the increase across the board (in the Independence Day thread if I recall - at least in terms of shipping costs going way up). You'll have to wade through to find it but it came from one of the FAC guys. That being said - why do you feel they have to give you some sort of justification for raising their prices? They're a business, and they can charge whatever they want. You either choose to buy it, or don't, but they seriously don't owe it to any of you to tell you why something costs what it does.

Also, if you haven't seen it, the directors cut for this movie is pretty awful as it only adds a bunch of stuff that slows the movie down (mostly romantic stuff with their girlfriends) and I'll never watch the DC again. So if that's what's stopping you from buying this, you aren't doing yourself a favour, really.

Last edited: