泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: June 12, 2017
Pre-order date: May 20, 2017
Purchase link: HDZeta
HDN Group Buys: One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular
Note: WEA steelbook, Full Glossy finish. Extended Cut Version.

SP Full.jpg SP Lenti.jpg SP BabyDoll.jpg SP Boxset.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 3.29.15 PM.png

Sucker-Punch-steelbook-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png
Sucker-Punch-steelbook-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have watched a different film to me. Its a profoundly deep script dealing with mental health and illness on a profound level. They wrapped it up in bright colours, fights, effects and beautiful girls, but the central basic story was well written for anyone who has studied or suffered mental health issues, and it handled the topic well enough to be discussed in mental health circles and education. The film deserves far more credit than the majority give it, but I generally find the majority didn't "get it" anyway just seeing hot girls and fights, which although nice was secondary to the actual theme.
Thank you! I've been saying that to people since it was first released... it's actually a really clever film if you understand what it's truly about.

I have a few questions now that this is looming near.

The boxsets from hdzeta, are the steelbooks in the boxset individually Sealed, or is only the Box Sealed, and when you open, all steels are open inside ?

Also, i see People mentioning being memeber long enough to take part in GB, tried readin around and cannot find any rules for this, pls advice.

What to do, I really like the steelbook but don't really care for the rest of it. Do I stick with my original with added extras or spend £50+ on the new one. Decisions decisions.

Too bad you're in the UK. Otherwise I would have suggested we could split a copy - you could have the steelbook, I'd take the slip. But with the shipping costs involved, it would become pretty expensive...

I have a few questions now that this is looming near.

The boxsets from hdzeta, are the steelbooks in the boxset individually Sealed, or is only the Box Sealed, and when you open, all steels are open inside ?

You get individually sealed editions in the boxset. They're shrinkwrapped just like the single copies.

Also, i see People mentioning being memeber long enough to take part in GB, tried readin around and cannot find any rules for this, pls advice.

I'm not aware of any requirements you need to pass before you can partake in a GB, if that was your question. But there are more qualified people around to confirm this.

Reactions: shallow_
You must have watched a different film to me. Its a profoundly deep script dealing with mental health and illness on a profound level. They wrapped it up in bright colours, fights, effects and beautiful girls, but the central basic story was well written for anyone who has studied or suffered mental health issues, and it handled the topic well enough to be discussed in mental health circles and education. The film deserves far more credit than the majority give it, but I generally find the majority didn't "get it" anyway just seeing hot girls and fights, which although nice was secondary to the actual theme.

I have to disagree, it didn't handle mental health well at all. And this is coming from someone who knows mental health well and deals with it a lot.

It really winds me up when people talk about sucker punch and symbolism too and the deeper Meaning etc etc.

Yeah it's about mental health and it was covered up with girls and giant CGI samurai warriors but it wasn't handled well.

Ending was harrowing though

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
I have to disagree, it didn't handle mental health well at all. And this is coming from someone who knows mental health well and deals with it a lot.

It really winds me up when people talk about sucker punch and symbolism too and the deeper Meaning etc etc.

Yeah it's about mental health and it was covered up with girls and giant CGI samurai warriors but it wasn't handled well.

Ending was harrowing though

I've been a MIND volunteer for over 20years after suffering a severe nervous and mental breakdown that put me in hospital for months at a time. I do know what I'm talking about, and I stand by this film as do many mental health councillor's as a good interpretation.

I've been a MIND volunteer for over 20years after suffering a severe nervous and mental breakdown that put me in hospital for months at a time. I do know what I'm talking about, and I stand by this film as do many mental health councillor's as a good interpretation.

I'm not saying you don't know what your talking about, I'm saying that a disagree that this handles mental health well. You agree it does and fair dos, was just saying my opinion on the matter

I've personally never spoke about or been spoken to about sucker punch in terms of someone dealing with mental health issues

I'm not saying you don't know what your talking about, I'm saying that a disagree that this handles mental health well. You agree it does and fair dos, was just saying my opinion on the matter

I've personally never spoke about or been spoken to about sucker punch in terms of someone dealing with mental health issues

Until I was in my 30's I wasn't someone who would want to openly discuss mental health, mine or anyone elses, which when we all think like that is why even now the stigma remains, so I've gotten used to it not least by volunteering to discuss it with all age groups. Plus my family background is in Health and the Sciences at PHD level, lots of academic aunts and cousins, who'd rather talk about subjects like this than comics and heavy metal lol

You are completely entitled to your opinion and I know a fair few health professionals that think Snyder missed the mark, or don't like how he tried to sugar coat it the way he did and would agree with you completely. I also know a fair few who actually like the way he did it, it was and is very unique compared to any other film. Hence the title Sucker Punch, which is what you get with the film, the visuals tell you one thing while the narrative tells an entirely different story. The symbolism is there, whether each of us agrees with what hes saying is another story, but those just seeing surface level which many mainstream critics did was basically missing the point of the film. I think we can both agree regardless of the visuals its far from a shallow film which is what many claim it is.

Its a film thats been discussed to death after the fact. Its a film that has grown in cult status, and has actually found a big part of that fan base in girls, who when they actually see the film seem to realise far more than most guys that the babes with guns is only surface level. I know a lot of female friends who loved the film and a lot of guys who hated it. It certainly divides opinion and is a film that will still be providing a subject matter for mental health bloggers, feminists and those that just look a little deeper for years to come.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Until I was in my 30's I wasn't someone who would want to openly discuss mental health, mine or anyone elses, which when we all think like that is why even now the stigma remains, so I've gotten used to it not least by volunteering to discuss it with all age groups. Plus my family background is in Health and the Sciences at PHD level, lots of academic aunts and cousins, who'd rather talk about subjects like this than comics and heavy metal lol

You are completely entitled to your opinion and I know a fair few health professionals that think Snyder missed the mark, or don't like how he tried to sugar coat it the way he did and would agree with you completely. I also know a fair few who actually like the way he did it, it was and is very unique compared to any other film. Hence the title Sucker Punch, which is what you get with the film, the visuals tell you one thing while the narrative tells an entirely different story. The symbolism is there, whether each of us agrees with what hes saying is another story, but those just seeing surface level which many mainstream critics did was basically missing the point of the film. I think we can both agree regardless of the visuals its far from a shallow film which is what many claim it is.

Its a film thats been discussed to death after the fact. Its a film that has grown in cult status, and has actually found a big part of that fan base in girls, who when they actually see the film seem to realise far more than most guys that the babes with guns is only surface level. I know a lot of female friends who loved the film and a lot of guys who hated it. It certainly divides opinion and is a film that will still be providing a subject matter for mental health bloggers, feminists and those that just look a little deeper for years to come.

I do agree with a lot of what you say there

Same with me too and openly started talking about it mid to late 20s and I didn't like talking about it until I realised it helped

Thats exactly how I feel, he missed the mark, sugar coated and tried glamourising it. I definately didn't miss the point of the film but I just didn't think he did it right.

But I can switch off and watch it.

It defo has a cult following and I apart from on here don't know anyone who likes it. My mates hate it (but then they hate a lot of what I like lol), in fact I'm the only Person I know who likes it and I'm not even a massive fan. Lol sounds weird when I put it like that

I'm only going for this because I can't stand the matte Canadian steel I have plus I love the comic con art and hoping zeta go all out on the full slip finsh (plus I don't own a zeta full slip)

• Thanks
Reactions: psychoscot

Same with me too and openly started talking about it mid to late 20s and I didn't like talking about it until I realised it helped

Thats exactly how I feel, he missed the mark, sugar coated and tried glamourising it. I definately didn't miss the point of the film but I just didn't think he did it right.

It defo has a cult following and I apart from on here don't know anyone who likes it. My mates hate it (but then they hate a lot of what I like lol), in fact I'm the only Person I know who likes it and I'm not even a massive fan. Lol sounds weird when I put it like that

I'm only going for this because I can't stand the matte Canadian steel I have plus I love the comic con art and hoping zeta go all out on the full slip finsh (plus I don't own a zeta full slip)

I don't have any HDZ full slips yet lol, just Lenti's. I have seen a few in person and they absolutely wipe the floor with Nova, Kimchi and Blufans. They are up there with Plain Archives. So expect the Comic art full slip to be quite something with lots of gloss and a beautiful finish.

This is pretty much an absolute Grail for me, and they really really didn't let me down. I can't honestly see how they could have bettered this set. Only Finchers GWTDT or Pulp fiction done like this would top this release for me, and even then this has far more stylish art to work with than either of those 2 films. All 3 of those films done like this and I'd happily call my collection complete lol

Decided I'm very interested in the boxset. Anyone know how much it'll cost or have a guess?

Stab in the dark here but probably somewhere around £140 so around $180. But since I haven't bought a HDZ boxset yet don't take those figures as fact. Doubt it will be more than that and could be less since its an older film

Reactions: versacheese

Agreed. :thumbs:

In addition to that... the movie is drippingly gorgeous and extremely unique. Where else can you get a film like this? Yah sure maybe it's not Oscar worthy and maybe it's totally and completely over the top in all regards, but personally I think what Zack Snyder did here was provide a very entertaining, surprisingly thought provoking, ultra dark cinema experience and dressed it up (or down, depending on your preference :hungry:) with delicious visuals and eye candy galore. :woot:

But c'mon... I mean... anyone who knows anything about Zack knows that this is how he rolls. (Man of Steel, Watchmen, 300... etc)

Throw some butter on that popcorn... pour a nice cold frosty... get some chicken wings, and enjoy the show. :smuggrin:

My alarm is set for May 20th to check for a preorder time. :naughty:

I agree with @Flloydo. snyder missed the mark on this for me. no disrespect to @psychoscot , your argument is totally valid, as per any movie, everyone just interprets it differently.
I'm a woman, have a mental illness (namely PTSD from child abuse, which is arguably what Babydoll suffers from in the film), and just didn't think snyder explored the symbolism well. but i also have some female friends who loved the film. to each their own!

i'm getting this because it's a sweet package and i'm a lesbian and like to watch hot girls fight :thumbs:

Love the No-Cover Amaray! :drool:;)
Haha, the first print German Steelbook had a production issue and there was an error with the German audio on the disk included, the no cover amaray is the replacement disk for it (but that copy of the first print steelbook has never been opened, so neither has the replacement disk) :p
The one on the bottom right is actually an opened version of the first print German steelbook, just with a custom lenticular on top.

No restrictions anymore on joining a group buy / making a group buy purchase. Anyone can purchase a copy.

If you can see the group buy section (https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/) then you should be set.

Any questions, you can PM me if you need to.

Hope that helps

Reactions: digitalbabe
Cool, thanks.

Hoping to get directly from HDzeta though.

Anyone know how fast these HDZ steels sell out usually ? minutes ? Seconds ?

Depends on the release. Sometimes minutes, but hard to say for certain - I've seen listings stay up for a few hours before.

Status
Not open for further replies.