PS3 System Software Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Please use this thread for all console updates from now on.

Attachments

• sonyps3.jpg
    sonyps3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,126
Last edited by a moderator:
:bow::bow::bow:

yea wreck,time for that new plasma 3DTV,i heard your TV's blowing up more bulb's then fire crackers on 4th the of July!

just joking,i'm looking forward to 3D but the whole 3D receiver thing suck's,you need a 3D compatible receiver that can handle 3D and HD Audio at the same time....only blu-ray player i have is ps3 so i'm stuck!:angry:

PlayStation 3 System Software Update v3.40 Available Soon

Hi everyone, once again we’re adding new features to the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system via firmware update to ensure we’re bringing you the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible. PS3 system software update (v3.40) will be available soon, adding the PlayStation Plus subscription, enhancements to the connection between your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts and more. Additionally, we’ll be launching system software update (v6.30) for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system simultaneously with PS3 system software update (v3.40), adding PlayStation Plus compatibility as well as other new features.

We’ve gone ahead and provided a few highlights from PS3 firmware update (v3.40) below:

1. PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network’s unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.

2. Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.

3. Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.

4.Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.

5. Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

4743055003_71d9b7f06a.jpg
4743693454_2bd13e6903.jpg

In addition to the latest features introduced in PS3 system software update (v3.40), a separate, new PlayStation Network application on Facebook.com will be made available. This builds upon what was previously launched with Trophies and the ability to publish purchases from the PlayStation Store. Now you can further integrate your PlayStation Network and Facebook accounts with this new application. The application allows you to display your PlayStation Network profile on your Facebook account, find out which of your Facebook friends have a PSN account and send them a PlayStation Network friend request, view your PSN friends’ online status and add the PlayStation Network application tab to your Facebook user profile.

4743692160_e0ed6d9dde.jpg
4743055445_9e5b0434d9.jpg
4743055243_87d4498976.jpg

We’re very excited to be able to provide you with continued system software upgrades, which ensure your PS3 and PSP systems remain compelling offerings for years to come. For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 and PSP systems, please visit:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate and http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/.

Let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!

New Pics:

4743055085_c75db3f7e1_o.jpg

4744101156_be4dc6264a_b.jpg

4743462897_4c6fcc1c61_b.jpg

4744101262_33d60bba7f_b.jpg

4743055543_060e86dd99_o.jpg

New Stuff:

1. Deep Color Output (HDMI) has been added as an option under the Display Settings menu.
2. Playstation plus is integrated into the store and PS3 system. Automatic Download has been added as a feature under the System Settings menu. This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation Plus members.
3. Trophies - Displayed on Friends Tag now.
4. You can now print or delete a photo from Photo Gallery. Update is 110mb.
5. Video Editor (44mb download) - Can't use videos that are on hard drive before 3.4
6. The default setting for System Auto-Off, under the Power Save Settings menu, has been changed to After 2 Hours.
You can now see the trophy level of a Friend by selecting the Friend’s avatar.
7. A new 5-star rating system can be used to evaluate products that you purchase from PlayStation Store.
8. The internal clock functionality that accounts for leap years has been improved.
9. Accessory Settings - Calibrate Motion Controller
10. Video Settings - HDD Content Audio Language, and HDD Content Subtitle Language.

Last edited:

New Stuff:

Video Editor (44mb download) - Can't use videos that are on hard drive before 3.4
Trophies - Displayed on Friends Tag now.
Display Settings - Deep Color added
Accessory Settings - Calibrate Motion Controller
PS Plus stuff added - It is an AUTOMATIC WITHDRAW from Credit Card.
Video Settings - HDD Content Audio Language, and HDD Content Subtitle Language.
Photo Gallery - Update is 110mb.

What a stupid feature,maybe if you could capture video it would be cool,but who wants to put video on a ps3 to edit and upload,sometimes i think sony has monkeys working there.

Automatic update should be for everyone on the real.

I realize it's a great feature, but it really is a premium kind of feature. I wont complain too hard because we still get to play for free.

I haven't got PSN+ just yet, but i'm thinking about ordering it before the 3 added months deal stops.

On a side note.

Does anyone have the direct link to the facebook PS3 app? I found it once, but not again. It's really, lamely, hidden.

I realize it's a great feature, but it really is a premium kind of feature. I wont complain too hard because we still get to play for free.

I haven't got PSN+ just yet, but i'm thinking about ordering it before the 3 added months deal stops.

On a side note.

Does anyone have the direct link to the facebook PS3 app? I found it once, but not again. It's really, lamely, hidden.

Facebook App

On a side note.

Really? i don't think so man i mean come the video editor and picture upload thing would be more premium then something they should have had at launch

Really? i don't think so man i mean come the video editor and picture upload thing would be more premium then something they should have had at launch

nah. You can go in and update the game or system by clicking a button. Them taking out the steps and doing it for you is definitely a special feature.

It's like having a personal shopper. You COULD get your own groceries... Or you could pay more and not have to do it yourself. (I know it's a bad example, but I had to think of something on the spot.)

no one commented on the new Play station move feature on your ps3?

go to settings>Accessory settings> down on the very bottom

and it says "Calibrate motion controller"

they also say their is a 3D feature lurking in the update's we've already downloaded,once the 3D patches start coming thou for the game's they'll activate the 3D feature in the menu...just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Next PS3 Firmware (3.41) Update Adds PlayStation Store Recommendations

Hi everyone, the next PlayStation 3 (PS3) system software update is coming soon. Firmware update 3.41 will add recommendations for games and videos on PlayStation Store. When you’re browsing through the details of a particular title, you’ll see a new “You May Like” section on the right-hand side. This section lists additional items based on the purchases of other PlayStation Network members who have purchased the item you’re currently looking at.

You can then click on this section to zoom in on the list and scroll the recommended titles.

4832647716_899fb87bd7.jpg

This feature is a great way to discover new games that you may not know about, and it’s another step toward making the shopping experience easier and better for you all — similar to the five-star ratings feature we added in the last firmware update. Please note that while the 3.41 update will be released shortly, the recommendations feature on PlayStation Store is slated to go live by the end of July.

In addition to this PS3 update, the next PSP (PlayStation Portable) firmware update (v.6.31) will be coming as well. This is a minor update, and system software stability during use of some PSP format software titles has been improved.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

PS3 firmware 3.41 said to be causing hard drive upgrade problems

The recently released PS3 firmware 3.41 seemed to just be a minor update that added a new "You May Like" section to the PlayStation Store, but it looks like it's been causing nothing but headaches for anyone trying to upgrade the hard drive in their console. As a 30-page strong thread on the official PlayStation forums reveals, folks upgrading their hard drive have been getting a "no applicable data" error after trying to install the update, which has left them with a non-working PS3 and, in some cases, a corrupted original drive. According to CVG, the issue may have something to do with a newly discovered feature of the 3.41 update that allows for more incremental patches, which might also explain why the problem only seems to be affecting PS3s where the firmware is stored in on the hard drive instead of the system's memory. As for Sony, it hasn't offered an official explanation just yet, but all indications are that it's a bug and not an intentional blocking of hard drive upgrades -- at least we hope it is. Head on past the break for a video of the problem.

Sony issues updated Firmware 3.41

Sony has issued an apology to PlayStation 3 owners as a result of the HDD-related issues caused by the release of Firmware 3.41.

The update, released last week, rendered gamers unable to successfully change their PS3 HDD. However, as a result of the blunder Sony has today issued an improved version of the Firmware update for download.

Speaking in a statement issued today, Sony Europe commented:

“For those users who are replacing the PS3 hard disk drive: we are aware of the symptoms with the system software update 3.41, released on July 27, and that it will cause the update to stop in some occasions while replacing the PlayStation 3 (PS3) Hard Disk Drive (HDD) if the PS3 system is installed with version 3.41.

To resolve these symptoms, we have released a new version of system software update 3.41 with a very minor change (the version number does not change) on August 2. If you are experiencing such symptoms when replacing the HDD of your PS3 system, we kindly ask you to use the latest data and try again. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and continued support.

For any other questions, please contact your local customer service.”

thanks for pushing out a hurried update and effin' us in the butt, Sony, maybe next time we can at least get a new visualization for our music player ya cacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.