PS3 System Software Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Please use this thread for all console updates from now on.

Attachments

• sonyps3.jpg
    sonyps3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,123
Last edited by a moderator:
i kno we're a little bit of a minority but i want auto sync support for trophies... maybe somewhere down the line.. when im 30 itll happen lol

I wonder if we are still ways away from a big update.

It seems we are over due for A big update, but since the hack and the network being down i think all those plans are going to be pushed back into later in the year or the start of next year.

Anyone had a problem with the new update last night?

I was in the process of updating and once it downloaded the patch, the screen turned black. My controller turned off and I couldn't turn off the console through the front button. I had to hit the switch in the back, luckily as soon as I turned it out the installation of the patch started and finished. Weird.

6027024489_5dc76cc708_z.jpg

Hi everyone! As we are continuously working toward providing the best gaming and entertainment experience on PlayStation 3, I wanted to give you all a heads up on the following new features and changes coming with the next system software update (v.3.70).

To make things easier for PlayStation Plus subscribers, we’ve added the option to automate two existing features. The [Automatic Download] feature will now be called [Automatic Update] as a result of these new options;

1. A new auto upload function for online save data back-up will be added to make it easier to back-up your game save data. Under (Game), select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button.
  2. Also, Trophies will now sync automatically at the timing of Auto Download.
6026072785_b1e80be54f_z.jpg

A new recommendation function will be added that enables you to share your recommendations for PlayStation Store items, such as games and videos, with PlayStation Network friends. You will be able to send messages with a store link from the product pages within the PlayStation Store.

6026074251_79b6d39dd2_z.jpg

Due to the increase in video applications being offered on PS3, we are adding a new category on the XMB called TV/Video Services. This category will include video applications such as Netflix, Hulu PLUS, and VUDU.

You’ll be able to find and download all of the video applications available on PS3 directly from this new XMB category.

A folder labeled “My Channels” within this category will allow you to easily access your downloaded applications. Any videos downloaded from the PlayStation store will continue to be placed in the existing Video category on the XMB.

3d_logo.jpg

Two updates for all of you enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies on PS3:
  1. 3D support will now be available when accessing Java-based special features on Blu-Ray:
  2. DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing Blu-ray 3D movies.
  3. 3D digital photos in MPO format can now be viewed in 3D on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
The 3.70 update will be available soon; additional details will be available after the firmware goes live here. Separately, there will also be a minor PSP system software update (v. 6.60) launching soon.

System Software Update v4.25

At this year’s Gamescom press conference, we announced that Online Game Save Storage will be upgraded to 1GB for PlayStation Plus members, and I’m happy to report that the increase will be available soon with PS3 system software update (v4.25)!

7976774873_79319e53d3_z.jpg

After you’ve installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB. So set your automatic download to upload every game save for every compatible game you play and enjoy the additional breathing room. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

The update is now live for EU users, and will be available to US users soon.

Source

PS. Thread has been pinned. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyoak
At this year’s Gamescom press conference, we announced that Online Game Save Storage will be upgraded to 1GB for PlayStation Plus members, and I’m happy to report that the increase will be available soon with PS3 system software update (v4.25)!

7976774873_79319e53d3_z.jpg

After you’ve installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB. So set your automatic download to upload every game save for every compatible game you play and enjoy the additional breathing room. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

The update is now live for EU users, and will be available to US users soon.

Source

PS. Thread has been pinned. ;)

:oohyeah:

Finally I can back up my save for Afrika!!! :D

Yep! Got this last night. For those upgrading who have PSN+, you have to load up your cloud storage, and you'll see it still has 150MB. open THAT folder, and you'll see your saves loading up. You can then back out and see it's now registering 1 gig.

Not sure why ya have to do that, but you do.

PS3 System Software Update (v4.30)

8107621731_d5ccebe9f3_o.png

Next Tuesday, October 23rd, we will be releasing a new system software update for PlayStation 3 (version 4.30). With this update we have made several changes to how Trophies are displayed on your PlayStation 3. The Trophy Collection will now reside under PlayStation Network on the XMB. Trophies that you have earned playing PlayStation Vita games are now displayed on your PlayStation 3. You will also be able to see your Trophy level and progress towards the next level while viewing your trophy collection.

Reactions: Noodles
Just a heads up... for some unknown reason the PSN maintenance, which was scheduled to be completed by this morning, has now been extended until around 18:30 GMT tonight.

Reactions: jimmy
Any news about Firmware update 4.40 changelog ?
http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item592735/Update-features-(ver-4-40)/

Main features in system software update version 4.40:

• - System software update 4.40 will allow users to automatically download content purchased from store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to their PS3. This feature is not available yet and will be activated in May 2013. Keep an eye on eu.playstation.com for a detailed guide explaining how to make the most of this feature.
  • - The wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080 / CECHYA-0086) and the stereo headset (CECHYA-0088) now support PlayStation 2 Classics that have been downloaded from PlayStation Store.
  • - System software stability during use of some features has been improved.

wait. are they going to have it down for a whole day?I wonder if an update is coming.We haven't seen a significant update in years now.

wait. are they going to have it down for a whole day?I wonder if an update is coming.We haven't seen a significant update in years now.

It looks that way unfortunately. Who knows... it could just be regular maintenance knowing Sony, so I wouldn't get your hopes up mate. It would be nice to see some new "features" or something though, because like you said... it's been a while!

It looks that way unfortunately. Who knows... it could just be regular maintenance knowing Sony, so I wouldn't get your hopes up mate. It would be nice to see some new "features" or something though, because like you said... it's been a while!

wouldn't mind Beta testing the new interface for the ps4:cool: .Ok, now i can wake up from my dream:D

Not to jinx myself,but i updated before i knew about this and i haven't had any problems so far.I feel sorry for those people who have lost their ps3's to this.Sony was on such a roll for a minute there,i guess this bring them back down to earth.

Why would people want to turn the sound off for when they earn trophies?This was a lame update and now it's causing lock ups.I recently seen a joke that was classic though.
1016503_521919497874255_112474570_n.png

Not to jinx myself,but i updated before i knew about this and i haven't had any problems so far.I feel sorry for those people who have lost their ps3's to this.Sony was on such a roll for a minute there,i guess this bring them back down to earth.

Why would people want to turn the sound off for when they earn trophies?This was a lame update and now it's causing lock ups.I recently seen a joke that was classic though.
1016503_521919497874255_112474570_n.png

Its not just the sound but also the notification that pops up. Takes many out of the immersion in the game.

And the update was taken down in mere hours of it going up. Problem was it was a mandatory update on a sunday night. Needed to update just to use netflix.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.