Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99

61dXq7lTepL._AC_SL1435_.jpg

Last edited:
It follows was the last ‘recent’ horror that truly impressed me
Smile, Black Phone are solid ... Midsommar is a masterpiece imo
It follows and Midsommar two of my favs of last decade to 15 years. Also some other incredible horror some on my fav lists and some just great watches and impressed me like the conjuring (1), overlord, barbarian, ready or not, a quiet place, IT chapter 1, get out, Cloverfield, 10 CL, infinity pool, lighthouse, hereditary, green room, Ouija: origin of evil, invisible man, nope, Under the skin, raw, don’t breathe, bone tomahawk, the ritual, suspiria, X, A girl walks home alone at night, train to busan, cabin in the woods, let me in, kill list, crawl, paranormal activity, Blair witch, oculus, i saw the devil, you’re next, Evil dead, as above so below, host, last night in soho ...... and so many more. We’ve eaten very well in the past 15ish years. All different kinds. Some in your face horror and some less so but leaves your mind to do the rest.
Not to mention some series like the haunting of hill house, Bly manor and midnight mass

I just love a f**king good horror. And can’t beat either good creature feature, psychological, paranormal or found footage. Just love a good ole mind f**k

Midsommar is a classic, but I’ll admit didn’t scare me much. Unsettling sure, but not downright frightening. I think The Changeling (George C. Scott) was the last movie to proper get me. I guess that makes me hella old too.

Great list, by the way, @Flloydo

Reactions: Flloydo
I haven’t seen smile or black phone.. i found midsommar traumatising ha so brutal.. the images stay in your head
Smile and black phone are really decent for commercial horrors. Black phone really surprised me actually because I thought the trailer looked poor. But a really good and hard hitting film

Smile delivered just as the trailer promised

Midsommar is a classic, but I’ll admit didn’t scare me much. Unsettling sure, but not downright frightening. I think The Changeling (George C. Scott) was the last movie to proper get me. I guess that makes me hella old too.

Great list, by the way, @Flloydo
Cheers. Thought I might of gone overboard with the suggestions but f**k it, once you pop you just can’t stop.

I find it very hard to get scared by horror anyway. I just enjoy them though. Like I stated previously I pretty much watch 99% on my own too. Some leave an impression and there’s certain things I don’t like (for example I can’t watch eyes being stabbed or by needles or glass. It don’t scare me, Just makes me feel iffy & ill lol). And there are some directors like the cronebergs and Alex Garland that make stabbing far too realistic. Again don’t scare me but makes me feel iffy and awkward.

Only film to actually scare the sh!t out of me in adult life or at least freaked me out to the point It messed with my head where I was paranoid and scared, and I’ve mentioned this a lot on this forum, was paranormal activity 1 (at the time of release). I was 21/22 when I watched that, with a room full of about 8 friends and I genuinely didn’t want them to leave that night! That messed me up for weeks. Probably didn’t help I was extremely high as well at the time however, that film is now one of my favourite found footage horrors, I watch it at least every Halloween and all it did (along with cloverfield) was spawn my love for the found footage horror genre. The ones I find well made anyway.
Of course other examples of non horror found footage are chronicle, District 9 (even though that switches throughout), end of watch and Project X.

• Haha
Reactions: levi
Cheers. Thought I might of gone overboard with the suggestions but f**k it, once you pop you just can’t stop.

I find it very hard to get scared by horror anyway. I just enjoy them though. Like I stated previously I pretty much watch 99% on my own too. Some leave an impression and there’s certain things I don’t like (for example I can’t watch eyes being stabbed or by needles or glass. It don’t scare me, Just makes me feel iffy & ill lol). And there are some directors like the cronebergs and Alex Garland that make stabbing far too realistic. Again don’t scare me but makes me feel iffy and awkward.

Only film to actually scare the sh!t out of me in adult life or at least freaked me out to the point It messed with my head where I was paranoid and scared, and I’ve mentioned this a lot on this forum, was paranormal activity 1 (at the time of release). I was 21/22 when I watched that, with a room full of about 8 friends and I genuinely didn’t want them to leave that night! That messed me up for weeks. Probably didn’t help I was extremely high as well at the time however, that film is now one of my favourite found footage horrors, I watch it at least every Halloween and all it did (along with cloverfield) was spawn my love for the found footage horror genre. The ones I find well made anyway.
Of course other examples of non horror found footage are chronicle, District 9 (even though that switches throughout), end of watch and Project X.
I love found footage films too.. Blair witch project is probably my fav horror of all time, did you watch Hell House LLC? Lake Mungo? Saint Maud?

I love found footage films too.. Blair witch project is probably my fav horror of all time, did you watch Hell House LLC? Lake Mungo? Saint Maud?
I really enjoyed the sequel from a few years back. Thought they handled it well.

I’m yet to watch Mungo. I literally watched Hell House LLC a few weeks back along with it’s not so good sequel. Enjoyed the 1st though. Thanks to @hatredhorror (as well as dead stream the other week, another of his recommendations) and yeah seen saint maud too. Got the steel for that in my ever growing A24 collection. Enjoyed it

Currently one of my favourite horror directors is Mike Flanagan. He’s just smashing it. I adore his 2 haunting series and midnight mass on Netflix too.
Also preferred the extended doctor sleep too. Wasn’t a fan of that at first and the shining is one of my favourites along with the thing so I kinda didn’t want anyone to revisit the shining 40 years later but it’s not bad.
I liked ‘A Ghost Story’ not really horror, but a nice, well done concept
A ghost story is such a beautiful film. There’s some specific scenes that are just so well made and how time is shown through a ghost is so clever

I really enjoyed the sequel from a few years back. Thought they handled it well.

I’m yet to watch Mungo. I literally watched Hell House LLC a few weeks back along with it’s not so good sequel. Enjoyed the 1st though. Thanks to @hatredhorror (as well as dead stream the other week, another of his recommendations) and yeah seen saint maud too. Got the steel for that in my ever growing A24 collection. Enjoyed it

Currently one of my favourite horror directors is Mike Flanagan. He’s just smashing it. I adore his 2 haunting series and midnight mass on Netflix too.
Also preferred the extended doctor sleep too. Wasn’t a fan of that at first and the shining is one of my favourites along with the thing so I kinda didn’t want anyone to revisit the shining 40 years later but it’s not bad.

A ghost story is such a beautiful film. There’s some specific scenes that are just so well made and how time is shown through a ghost is so clever
iirc @BluSteel2012 recommended us dead stream.. among many other hidden gems :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
What’s the situation with Amazon and preorders? Is it payment on dispatch? I don’t really wanna order from here but don’t want to miss out also so can stick a preorder in and wait for someone else to have it

What’s the situation with Amazon and preorders? Is it payment on dispatch? I don’t really wanna order from here but don’t want to miss out also so can stick a preorder in and wait for someone else to have it
Amazon websites has always has been payment taken when dispatching order

Pre orders
Debit/credit cards It can be 1-3 days before release date and sometimes not until after release date depending on delivery address location.

You can cancel a order at any stage before order has been dispatched

Reactions: jaffajakes
It actually won’t let me preorder it. Says there was a problem during checkout but doesn’t say why
No issues for me I can do a pre order and completed checkout a few min ago

Check your delivery address details at checkout does not have any mistakes and your debit card/credit card details expiry date/billing address details are correct and up to date that's listed on your amazon account

When was the last time you used a amazon website to do a order
Has your debit/credit card you used previously on amazon the expiry date changed or the debit/credit card billing address changed since you last done a order if yes you need to update card details in your account so it's the same billing address details you have provided to your bank card provider

Are you using a VPN if you are turn it off