Price: £20.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg
05.jpg

01.jpg 04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really annoys me that this "sold out" so fast when far more popular titles are still in stock. Just wanted to wait 3 or 4 days so I could grab a couple more with the 20% off and of course its sells out. I'm sure it will be back in stock but no guarantee.

I'm fully expecting it to come back in stock.. But it won't last long. Tangled is an incredible popular title, I'd say more so than most of the titles left in stock. It's still so current, and whilst not as popular as Frôzen, some people prefer it (Me - :D) - this and the fact it's a 3d Steelbook, and that so many people missed the Kimchi Steelbook - this is a perfect opportunity to gain it for your collection. So yeah.. I'm truly not surprised it's sold out..it will be back with cancellations and declined card orders, but itl be extremely limited.

Reactions: IceManCeaser
I'm fully expecting it to come back in stock.. But it won't last long. Tangled is an incredible popular title, I'd say more so than most of the titles left in stock. It's still so current, and whilst not as popular as Frôzen, some people prefer it (Me - :D) - this and the fact it's a 3d Steelbook, and that so many people missed the Kimchi Steelbook - this is a perfect opportunity to gain it for your collection. So yeah.. I'm truly not surprised it's sold out..it will be back with cancellations and declined card orders, but itl be extremely limited.

Hmm, well we'll have to see about that. Zavvi do this all the time, Steelbook is 'sold out', comes back in stock with loads of copies to spare and they never sell out, either it's a hoax or the buyers disappear. Doesn't make much sense to me.

How could there still be people who don't understand why things sell-out so quickly? It's not a Zavvi scheme. When a title first goes up for pre-order EVERYONE and their mother orders it. Some even order bulk amounts to try to profit off of their follow collectors. Many are simply ordering it IN CASE they decide they later want it and have plans on cancelling at some point. By release date a number of things happen: people have payment problems, scalpers realize they don't have their hands on the next grail and cancel some, bulk orders get weeded out and put back into circulation, and some people simply cancel. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 30%-50% of most titles end up in this category. I have a feeling this a huge reason why Zavvi was having so much of a problem tracking their sales trends for the Disney collection. If you want to blame anyone, blame the consumers not Zavvi. If you take 5 minutes to skim the forums they are filled with "I plan on cancelling mine" or "I've secure 10 copies". If people had just bought what they wanted from the beginning distributors wouldn't be having such a problem predicting comfortable production runs and retailers wouldn't be hemorrhaging revenue from overstock issues or being blamed for having replenished on-hands.

Reactions: snooloui
How could there still be people who don't understand why things sell-out so quickly? It's not a Zavvi scheme. When a title first goes up for pre-order EVERYONE and their mother orders it. Some even order bulk amounts to try to profit off of their follow collectors. Many are simply ordering it IN CASE they decide they later want it and have plans on cancelling at some point. By release date a number of things happen: people have payment problems, scalpers realize they don't have their hands on the next grail and cancel some, bulk orders get weeded out and put back into circulation, and some people simply cancel. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 30%-50% of most titles end up in this category. I have a feeling this a huge reason why Zavvi was having so much of a problem tracking their sales trends for the Disney collection. If you want to blame anyone, blame the consumers not Zavvi. If you take 5 minutes to skim the forums they are filled with "I plan on cancelling mine" or "I've secure 10 copies". If people had just bought what they wanted from the beginning distributors wouldn't be having such a problem predicting comfortable production runs and retailers wouldn't be hemorrhaging revenue from overstock issues or being blamed for having replenished on-hands.

The Man's not far wrong :)

Reactions: Skog

Okay, okay but these should be back on sale if many have been cancelled so I guess this title will be a bit more popular but will remain in stock for months on end like the rest.

you are wrong. zavvi order a specific amount of steels (usually 4000 or 2000) and then offer them for sale. what happens during pre order is irrelevant- they still have the same amount of units to shift before the product is sold out. if they cant shift the units, then how is that the consumers fault? its completely up the the consumer what motivates them to buy the product, all zavvi has to worry about is marketing, selling and delivering them. they fail miserably at marketing, so are having problems selling, and also fail quite badly at delivering (as the numerous smashed up steels prove.)

if anyone is to blame for poor sales and handling of pre-orders its zavvi. first of all, they offer items for pre-order which often dont even have a title, and if they do have a title, they dont have art, and if they do have art, they dont have a release date, and if the do have a release date, the specs arent final etc. so people end up pre-ordering on speculation, and then when they do have the full picture on one or all of these things, its often not what they wanted or are happy with.

zavvi need to improve so much on the way it markets and promotes its products. people dont even know what they are getting! i mean, we are at a situation where people are holding off buying until others who are more brave have gambled on theirs, and then shared pictures on a forum... its ridiculous, a situation that be solved easily by zavvi promoting their products better. ie, simply take pictures of their products and put them on their site. people will know exactly what they are or arent getting and will be able to make better informed buying decisions. ie pre-orders become sales

in my opinion the disney collection is one of the best steelbook collections there is. it has just been a marketing disaster, thats all. from start to finish, in every way imaginable, it has been a disaster. that is zavvi and disneys fault. not consumers.

yes, we got 30 steels, but what a mess to get there.

Moan moan moan!!!

I've loved collecting this Disney wave and I think it's been a succsess, apart form the first few not having numbered sleeves and not being Gloss, I've loved collecting them. I just hope that Zavvi continue to do exclusive sets in 2015 so we can get the missing ones. Anyway if Zavvi doesn't do then who in the UK will. Not HMV that's for sure and I'd rather have a Zavvi exclusive then keep importing from different countries. Like god awful Kimchi. Keep em coming Zavvi!!