Reading, England
Release date: December 14, 2020
Purchase link: HMV - Zavvi - WB Shop UK
Price: £29.99
Notes: WB Shop includes free Tenet Poster

Tenet (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my criticism for him.

I adore memento, batman begins, dark knight, the prestige and inception. All masterpieces in their own right. He then ruined a perfectly good trilogy with rises and then kept getting too big for his boots and the hype goes to his head because of the name he has achieved as a director now.
Who wears a turtleneck when making/ filming a movie lol. Not allowing chairs and phones on set etc. Weird rules he’s created.
I’d love him to tone it down, take it back a peg and do something that’s not supposed to be the next big thing to him. I think it’s ruining his films. @TheWorz said it perfectly too

I enjoyed Tenet, much more than his last 3 films but it’s still a bit of a mess and just not right in places. I think he overlooks a lot of things now

Lol, oh nah he didn’t f*** my sister. I’d let him for a % of his next film or to be his assistant to sway him away when he’s going of the rails. The producing side maybe
Each to their own, I love Nolan's newest films, they feel like a true cinematic experience.

• Friendly
Reactions: goufcustom
Going by these pics - courtesy Steelbookpro - doesn't look like the best finish with possibly just the title given the spot gloss treatment:-

1607022765490.png

Open:-
1607022668002.png
1607022683820.png

Just watched this and didn't have a bloody scooby what was going on... @Flloydo nailed it for me when he called it pretentious. Will most likely give it another watch at some point and hopefully follow it better then, but I'm in no rush to possibly waste another 2.5 hours any time soon.

Just watched this and didn't have a bloody scooby what was going on... @Flloydo nailed it for me when he called it pretentious. Will most likely give it another watch at some point and hopefully follow it better then, but I'm in no rush to possibly waste another 2.5 hours any time soon.
Haha! You can either stop now and hold onto this opinion forever, or you can watch it again and discover that it's actually a pretty cool movie. No judgment either way. :)

Haha. Unfortunately that’s the way he’s gone with his recent films. But like I said I still enjoyed this one to a degree. Found it better than dark knight rises, interstellar and Dunkirk. But then I loved interstellar when I first see it and instantly went of it on a second and third watch

All of his movies are pretentious, just to varying degrees, apart from Batman Begins (IMO)
Where did you get lost in it? I think about 30% through was when I first went, "...what..." on the first viewing. Then I read up on it and a load of interviews and theories and rewatched it and enjoyed it more once I understood it, but I shouldn't need to do that first time round which is the annoying thing. I can see a lot of people not giving this a second chance and tbh, if it wasn't Nolan, I probably wouldn't have.

Haha! You can either stop now and hold onto this opinion forever, or you can watch it again and discover that it's actually a pretty cool movie. No judgment either way. :)
As I said... I'll rewatch it at some point, but I'm in no rush. Good thing about having a crap memory like myself is you eventually forget why you weren't a fan of a particular film and can therefore go in fresh lol.

Haha. Unfortunately that’s the way he’s gone with his recent films. But like I said I still enjoyed this one to a degree. Found it better than dark knight rises, interstellar and Dunkirk. But then I loved interstellar when I first see it and instantly went of it on a second and third watch
I love all of those films though... Interstellar is actually my favourite of his and TDKR my favourite Batman. Inception is his only other film that I found pretentious. But, yeah... all that said I still wouldn't say I hate either film (Tenet and Inception), they're just overrated IMHO.

All of his movies are pretentious, just to varying degrees, apart from Batman Begins (IMO)
Where did you get lost in it? I think about 30% through was when I first went, "...what..." on the first viewing. Then I read up on it and a load of interviews and theories and rewatched it and enjoyed it more once I understood it, but I shouldn't need to do that first time round which is the annoying thing. I can see a lot of people not giving this a second chance and tbh, if it wasn't Nolan, I probably wouldn't have.
Pretty much from the get-go haha. Obviously certain things come together later, but the overall plot just lost me. Will definitely give it a second chance at some point anyhoo... I always do with films. :)

I love all of those films though... Interstellar is actually my favourite of his and TDKR my favourite Batman. Inception is his only other film that I found pretentious. But, yeah... all that said I still wouldn't say I hate either film (Tenet and Inception), they're just overrated IMHO.
Hmm. Knowing that info, I'd now say Tenet is probably not going to work out for you. For me, Interstellar and TDKR are nearly unwatchable, and Inception is the best he's ever done.

Then I read up on it and a load of interviews and theories and rewatched it and enjoyed it more once I understood it, but I shouldn't need to do that first time round which is the annoying thing. I can see a lot of people not giving this a second chance and tbh, if it wasn't Nolan, I probably wouldn't have.
This

As I said... I'll rewatch it at some point, but I'm in no rush. Good thing about having a crap memory like myself is you eventually forget why you weren't a fan of a particular film and can therefore go in fresh lol.

Pretty much from the get-go haha. Obviously certain things come together later, but the overall plot just lost me. Will definitely give it a second chance at some point anyhoo... I always do with films. :)

How is rises anyone’s favourite from the Nolan trilogy :wacky:

005A2B1C-B85B-42B0-9FA1-7700EAA64ADA.gif

How so?

Begins has aged brilliantly, I'd say.

Easily better than almost every other comic book movie.
Better than most comic book movies? Sure. Nice prologue to TDK? Yep. But as a movie on its own? I don't think it's particularly remarkable. A lot of it feels like people reading a clunky script, which keeps me from fully losing myself in the story. Also, Nolan was clearly still figuring out how to apply his style within an action movie framework. The tone of the movie shifts so wildly between "complex moral questions" and "goofy, ridiculous action sequence," it's uneven. I want to really get involved in the "complex moral questions" aspect, but then the action sequences take away all that momentum. It's too timid to just be a really dark Dark Knight story. That's an area where it was good for the time, because it moved Batman movies in the right direction, but now it doesn't hold up as well.

One more criticism: Nolan wanted to make a grounded, believable Batman story. But there are some details that are totally unbelievable. For example, a character buys falafel from a street vendor and then walks around eating it outside in the pouring rain. Who does that? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: davhyl