Feb 23, 2012
Reading, England
Release date: December 14, 2020
Purchase link: HMV - Zavvi - WB Shop UK
Price: £29.99
Notes: WB Shop includes free Tenet Poster

Tenet (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah absolutely true. I've seen and felt with my own eyes what covid can do to people. But I do understand Nolan a little bit with trying to 'save' the industry. It's just a bit ignorant. But I don't think he can be held responsible for what Warner did with the streaming thing. That would've happened any way I think.

I get he was trying to save it to a degree but unfortunately he’s come across like one of his characters in Tenet and in the real life looks ignorant.
Ann Sarnoff of WB has already admitted that Tenet being released and underperforming because Nolan wanted it released then has led them to their new strategy. So yeah was kinda him I’m afraid

Reactions: zeebeer
What will disappear even more is the smaller, riskier movies that don't have built-in franchise fans.
That'll probably happen too, and I think the indie theaters will disappear with them. I don't think my small niche theater will play marvel films. I don't think the audience that normally goes to small theaters will want to watch WW1984 in their indie theater. And people who go to the big popcorn noisy theaters won't go to the indie theaters quickly. I don't think they care about the film as much (not sure, can't speak for them), they just want the experience. You don't get that big movie theater experience in indie theaters (at least not here in the netherlands). What I think will happen is that in the coming period the most succesfull movies will be the small/medium budget general blockbusters that cost 20-50 million to make. They apply to a big audience and aren't as expensive to make as other films. But I'm not sure, nobody knows.

A more positive way of thinking: Maybe the smaller budgets and the lack of big income will force studio's and filmmakers to innovate and get creative, which might lead to more interesting films. Chances of that aren't big but still.

I really do hope you're wrong about the physical media ending.

I get he was trying to save it to a degree but unfortunately he’s come across like one of his characters in Tenet and in the real life looks ignorant.
Ann Sarnoff of WB has already admitted that Tenet being released and underperforming because Nolan wanted it released then has led them to their new strategy. So yeah was kinda him I’m afraid
To be fair, though, that was back at the time when other major blockbusters were still being delayed month by month, so it seemed like there had been a slight pause and then things would pick up again. Also, George Clooney's posturing notwithstanding, I find it hard to believe that Nolan was the only director pushing the studio to release a blockbuster.

It's likely that none of us here knows every detail of what went on between Nolan and WB. ;) I could still easily believe that what's being reported publicly is not exactly the way it happened behind the scenes, but who knows.

And yes, @Space Cadet , the UK disc is a version that cuts out a few seconds of
a guy beating his wife

Reactions: Flloydo
Can someone try the discount codes on WB shop for me, i can't get WELCOME, WELCOME10, NEWSLETTER or NEWSLETTER10 to work and i have tried them on a new account.

Can someone try the discount codes on WB shop for me, i can't get WELCOME, WELCOME10, NEWSLETTER or NEWSLETTER10 to work and i have tried them on a new account.
NEWSLETTER10 seems to have unfortunately expired. WELCOME works fine, but only if you're signed in with a new account that hasn't used it before.

But The Mandalorian hasn't, and that's what I think is closer to the model we're headed toward now.
The Mandalorian is a series of 2 seasons with a third to to come

Season 2 Episode 8 not on disney + until December 18th

A physical disc release of seasons 1/2/3 will happen likely after season 3 has completed broadcast on Disney+

A physical disc release of seasons 1/2/3 will happen likely after season 3 has completed broadcast on Disney+
I'm skeptical. They'll use it to draw in new subscribers for as long as it has that value, and at that point, how much profit would they expect from a physical release, once they've gotten everyone who wants to see it to subscribe at least long enough to watch it? Other limited and complete series (Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Man in the High Castle, many others) have not been released to disc, and even Star Wars: Resistance only ever got a DVD release, not blu-ray.

Reactions: MrSquifler
The Mandalorian is a series of 2 seasons with a third to to come

Season 2 Episode 8 not on disney + until December 18th

Why would they release seasons 1 / 2 / 3 at the same time when they havent released the 1st season yet?

So they are gonna wait for three years before releasing any physical releases? It doesn’t make any sense.

Im pretty sure that ethnosax was implying that there wouldnt be any physical releases of The Mandalorian.

Why would they release seasons 1 / 2 / 3 at the same time when they havent released the 1st season yet?

So they are gonna wait for three years before releasing any physical releases? It doesn’t make any sense.

Im pretty sure that ethnosax was implying that there wouldnt be any physical releases of The Mandalorian.
I did not mention all 3 seasons would be released on discs at same time in my post
I said after season 3 has completed been broadcast on Disney+ you likely will see physical disc release of seasons 1/2/3

Disney would likely do each season separate on physical media but don't expect thast to happen until at least after season 3 been watched on Disney+

I would estimate at least 1 year possibly longer after season 3 been seen on Disney+ before you will see season 1 on Blu-ray

The Mandalorian it's a streaming TV series
TV series take longer to get physical media release with disney than films do

I did not mention all 3 seasons would be released on discs at same time in my post
I said after season 3 has completed been broadcast on Disney+ you likely will see physical disc release of seasons 1/2/3

Disney would likely do each season separate on physical media but don't expect thast to happen until at least after season 3 been watched on Disney+

I would estimate at least 1 year possibly longer after season 3 been seen on Disney+ before you will see season 1 on Blu-ray

Why would they do that? It doesnt make sense.

Whats your logic for them doing this?

It's a TV series it's not a film release from disney big difference

Ok i give up Paul. You win Haha.

I was meaning - why would they start to release blurays only after season 3 has aired? Why not straight after season 1?

Heck, they may aswell start doing it after season 4. The more the merrier :)

Ok i give up Paul. You win Haha.

I was meaning - why would they start to release blurays only after season 3 has aired? Why not straight after season 1?

Heck, they may aswell start doing it after season 4. The more the merrier :)
The purpose of Disney+ is to get subscribers
At the moment it's 86 million subscribers achieved in less than 1 year considering it only launched outside USA market in March this year for Europe
Disney now forecasts 230 million to 260 million subscribers to Disney+ by 2024.

Disney can make lot of money just from getting subscribers even if you exclude cinema or home media revenue

Lot of the new and upcoming production content is streaming TV series is exclusive to Disney+

A lot of the new Star Wars content coming soon as in what was announced yesterday is only going to be on Disney+
These will be TV streaming Series productions

They not going to release a TV series on Blu-ray until after been seen on disney+ and if a TV production has a few seasons it will be after that been seen as in all seasons.

Disney will eventually release the new TV series productions that are streaming on Disney+ on home media but not until all seasons been watched on Disney+

It's dfifferent for films that have both cinema and disney+ release these get home media release a few months later

Disney+ next year from February and later in some locations will have Star intergrated into to disney+ this will consist of more adult age rated content 15-18 age rated films
You will see lot of previous Fox Films show up on disney+ next year

There is also a new Alien TV series coming next year on Disney+