Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.83 star(s) Rating: 3.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Tenet (2020)

Tagline: Time runs out.

Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh and more...

Release: 2020-07-17

Plot: An action epic revolving around international espionage, time travel, and evolution.

• Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
I wouldn't mind paying $15 to watch Tenet if it's available on streaming service now...

So which country is gonna be first to release Tenet in theaters?
Australia?
UK?
Japan?
Greenland?

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see this now I think the best thing is to wait until we can see this in theaters. Nolan would never release it to VOD and Im happy he stands by this as this one is made for theater experience.

They are currently discussing releasing this internationally before releasing in US, but they dont want to leave a big gap between international and US screenings so they are trying to come up with the best plan.

1595495716762.png

Per an official statement from Warner Bros,

“Today, Warner Bros. announced that ‘Tenet’ will open in over 70 countries worldwide starting on August 26.

Major territories will include:
Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

The film will open in the United States over Labor Day weekend in select cities.”

“Today, Warner Bros. announced that ‘Tenet’ will open in over 70 countries worldwide starting on August 26.

Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

The film will open in the United States over Labor Day weekend in select cities.”
I'm in The Netherlands, hope that counts as Germany/France..

Release dates:

Aug. 26
Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom

Aug. 27
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Middle East, New Zealand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates

Aug. 28
East Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Vietnam

Sept. 3
U.S., Kuwait and Qatar

Sept. 10
Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Kazakhstan, Russia

Sept. 17
Cyprus

Sept. 18
Japan

Dates TBD:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela

Ready to go to my IMAX theater :drool:

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Shot in IMAX
Does this mean we'll be able to see Tenet in 16:9 aspect ratio (no letterbox) on 4K & Blu-ray?

The changing of aspect ratio slightly distracted me when I watched TDK on Blu. Hoping the whole movie of Tenet will be 16:9.

Last edited:
Does this mean we'll be able to see Tenet in 16:9 aspect ratio (no letterbox) on 4K & Blu-ray?

The changing of aspect ratio slightly distracted me when I watched TDK on Blu. Hoping the whole movie of Tenet will be 16:9.
I dont think the whole movie will be in that ratio. They didnt shoot the entire film with IMAX cameras. I think they used 65mm (or 35mm) for scenes where they need to record the dialogue (IMAX cameras are too loud for that, plus Nolan doesnt like to do voiceover in post production).

Dunkirk had much better options for this since not a lot of dialogue plus shorter runtime. With film like Tenet I think it will be dialogue heavy plus its 150 minutes long so you know :) But from what I heard with each film they are trying to push the IMAX filming further. Like having microphones installed in helmets for scenes where it can be used (swat scenes that can be seen in the trailer & prologue) so who knows how much they have done in IMAX. Cant wait to see! :)

I dont think the whole movie will be in that ratio. They didnt shoot the entire film with IMAX cameras. I think they used 65mm (or 35mm) for scenes where they need to record the dialogue (IMAX cameras are too loud for that, plus Nolan doesnt like to do voiceover in post production).

Dunkirk had much better options for this since not a lot of dialogue plus shorter runtime. With film like Tenet I think it will be dialogue heavy plus its 150 minutes long so you know :) But from what I heard with each film they are trying to push the IMAX filming further. Like having microphones installed in helmets for scenes where it can be used (swat scenes that can be seen in the trailer & prologue) so who knows how much they have done in IMAX. Cant wait to see! :)
I think they use unidirectional microphone to record dialogue so that loudness of camera wouldn't matter.

So UK cinema's have lots of bookings per day for Tenet staring Wednesday 26th August... 18 shows, looks like nothing else will be on :wow:

I think they use unidirectional microphone to record dialogue so that loudness of camera wouldn't matter.
Watching all the bonus content on BDs I remember they always had issue with this and that they couldnt shoot dialogue scenes with IMAX cameras, but now they moved a bit further with Tenet and Im hearing they came up with some way to shoot even more quiet scenes with IMAX cameras. The more IMAX scenes, the better :) Cant wait!