Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #110) [Czech Republic]

Which artwork do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: February 27, 2019 (E4 - E5) - March 13 (E1) - March 20 (E2) - Apil 10 May 20 (E3)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 1499 CZK (E1) - 1299 CZK (E2 ) - 3999 CZK (E3) - 1199 CZK (E4 - 4K) - 799 CZK (E5 - 3D)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5
Note: The 4K T2 steelbook will feature embossing on the front and the back. The SteelBook varnish has also been chosen to be matte due to the application of another special layer of GLOW IN THE DARK EFFECT varnish, which is fluorescent lighting in the dark. Inside the SteelBook there will be 3 discs - remastered UHD theatrical, 2D remastered theatrical and 2D original ultimate cut.
1. E1 Full Slip 4K Steel #1
2. E2 Double Lenti 3D Steel #2
3. E3 Maniac Box (includes E1+E2+T-800 Chip Replica+Mug+T-Shirt) (T-Shirt size options: X/M/L/XL/XXL)
4. E4 Numbered 4K Steel #1 in 1/4 slip
5. E5 Numbered 3D Steel #2 in 1/4 slip

48374203_2219456031504694_3827629241642516480_o.jpg48317972_2219456044838026_5541935635062849536_o.jpg48171809_2218593584924272_4752169609791012864_o.jpg

26850041_1660354414081528_2594389753911570544_o.jpg26757142_1660354410748195_1093102256974145517_o.jpg
Vote in the poll for your favorite back artwork (click on individual pics for bigger view).

Voting is also open at Film Arena's facebook page, link herewith.

11885242_10153537435112630_3000451483467523335_n.jpg11831815_10153537435232630_2005190787569693660_n.jpg11898577_10153537435127630_8303102824996332871_n.jpg11880332_10153537435222630_9012420103222183088_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure who the birdie is but here's my take (easier to find a good photo of Nova (credit to Hereticz) than of E1, and certainly not those that have surfaced today trying to show off the GITD feature) on the comparison:

View attachment 415883

Nova's glossy finish almost means it wins right out, but does it really? FA has gone for something different no doubt and they should have played it safe in hindsight.
They both use the same art... but FA's is not as cropped, not only widthwise does it not crop the right mirror and brake lever but also height wise we get to see the front fender. The actual print looks better quality on the FAC, that may be the angle of the pics chosen or the particular quality of photos I've chosen but maybe not. The black on the Nova looks grainy in general (for example between the shotgun and Arnie's head), but maybe it's the compression for that particular photo.
Both feature embossing for a good chunk of the art, the embossing on the FAC looks more defined and sharp (just based on those pics), look at the embossing around Arnie's hair under the "N" in the Nova, now compare that with the FAC.
Schwarzenegger is embossed on the Nova. The title isn't. It is on the FAC though. The kerning is clearly better on the Nova, there is no comparison in that regard, I've been saying that for a while now, pretty sad that nobody at FA has been able to make it look professional.

The rear of both steels is nothing to write home about. The rear of E1 looks odd it's embossed though, but yeah, very odd, the placement, the lack of background... I'm confused as to how that was green lighted by the studio. Nova's has a tagline I didn't even know before seeing pics lol The art is small and while not terrible could have been much better as well. There were complaints for the rear of the latest Braveheart steel art. This is sort of the same situation.

Conclusion: HDZ, if they ever go ahead with T2, can improve on both of these... easily. All they have to do is pick some good rear art and not screw up the motorbike poster art... and dip it in gloss a couple of times.

P.S. Bring it!! :box::box:

Appreciate you chose my pic, but I know what you did there :cautious::cautious::D you deliberately chose mine over the @Mickle_89 ´s :D because with his photo the FA one wouldn´t stand a chance :LOL:

Let´s see how this turn out in hand, it definitely looks much better on direct daylight than the ugly greenish in the dark from today, but still think it´s fail :hilarious:

Appreciate you chose my pic, but I know what you did there :cautious::cautious::D you deliberately chose mine over the @Mickle_89 ´s :D because with his photo the FA one wouldn´t stand a chance :LOL:

Let´s see how this turn out in hand, it definitely looks much better on direct daylight than the ugly greenish in the dark from today, but still think it´s fail :hilarious:
You not seen a photo yet showing the glow in the dark effect :naughty:

Photo shown earlier today in thread was not taken in total darkness

Before taking a photo to show glow in the dark effect.
1)Glow in the dark coating needs to been under a strong light source for at least 5 min a 60 watt light bulb works best
The longer you leave under light bulb the better the glow in the dark effect will be seen as in around 15 to 30 min

2) When taking photo it's to be done in total darkness as in a room where there is no natural or artificial light entering the room.

You should not use a flash on a camera as that's adding artificial light

Thread example showing glow in the dark effect photos done correctly.
Grindhouse Releasing Cat in the Brain

Photos was taken in total darkness
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...mited-edition-grindhouse-releasing-usa.78136/

Photo from fac nation facebook
Look better but again not taken in total darkness but close enough to show decent effect of glow in the dark

Fac Nation Facebook
Dear collector's thanks to Andre's photo we can share the GLOW IN THE DARK EFFECT of T2 UHD SteelBook. Enjoy the effect and do not forget to take out T2 UHD SteelBook of the paper j-card and illuminate the whole front and back side under a lamp for 10 - 15 minutes minimum. Regards, Jan
FB_IMG_1551903431056.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Not sure who the birdie is but here's my take (easier to find a good photo of Nova (credit to Hereticz) than of E1, and certainly not those that have surfaced today trying to show off the GITD feature) on the comparison:

View attachment 415883

Nova's glossy finish almost means it wins right out, but does it really? FA has gone for something different no doubt and they should have played it safe in hindsight.
They both use the same art... but FA's is not as cropped, not only widthwise does it not crop the right mirror and brake lever but also height wise we get to see the front fender. The actual print looks better quality on the FAC, that may be the angle of the pics chosen or the particular quality of photos I've chosen but maybe not. The black on the Nova looks grainy in general (for example between the shotgun and Arnie's head), but maybe it's the compression for that particular photo.
Both feature embossing for a good chunk of the art, the embossing on the FAC looks more defined and sharp (just based on those pics), look at the embossing around Arnie's hair under the "N" in the Nova, now compare that with the FAC.
Schwarzenegger is embossed on the Nova. The title isn't. It is on the FAC though. The kerning is clearly better on the Nova, there is no comparison in that regard, I've been saying that for a while now, pretty sad that nobody at FA has been able to make it look professional.

The rear of both steels is nothing to write home about. The rear of E1 looks odd it's embossed though, but yeah, very odd, the placement, the lack of background... I'm confused as to how that was green lighted by the studio. Nova's has a tagline I didn't even know before seeing pics lol The art is small and while not terrible could have been much better as well. There were complaints for the rear of the latest Braveheart steel art. This is sort of the same situation.

Conclusion: HDZ, if they ever go ahead with T2, can improve on both of these... easily. All they have to do is pick some good rear art and not screw up the motorbike poster art... and dip it in gloss a couple of times.

P.S. Bring it!! :box::box:
For me it's a no-brainer ;) as I don't have the FAC goggles on maybe it's easier for me to see the light :watch::giggle:

Anyhow, I'm not going to nitpick the minor details in the artwork etc. They both use the same poster, but to me the NM is perfect as is, the extra bit of cropping Vs the FAC doesn't bother me at all. The quality of finish and mixture of bossing more than makes up for that IMO.

If FAC scrapped the whole GITD thing and fully glossed up their steel I would understand more your argument. I personally dig the rear art on the Nova and don't necessarily like the odd choice on the FAC. I even remember voting for my favourite years ago and they finally come up with that, something completely different to what was originally on the table lol. The fact it's bossed on the back is pretty cool though, 1 point ;)

Either way, I went with the DL here as I'm more than happy with my NM, so a bit of variety as I don't have the dull WWA with similar art. Even with that they've given it some weird ass bossing on the front though lol, but I prefer it wholeheartedly compared to E1.

As to your conclusion, the only HDZ Terminator steelbook with awesome embossing was T1 (again a perfect example of a steelbook :p), T3 was pretty standard like the WWA, and T4+5 are flat w/gloss and debossed titles IIRC. So again, if they were to eventually release one I don't think they'd easily strip Nova of T2 King :coffee:

Lastly, these pics of mine are a bit old now, but maybe you'll get the picture :)

20170717_150204_wm[1].jpg20170717_150401_wm[1].jpg20170717_150732_wm[1].jpg20170717_151009_wm[1].jpg20170717_151101_wm[1].jpg20170717_151326_wm[1].jpg20170717_151624_wm[1].jpg20170717_151512_wm[1].jpg20170717_151812_wm[1].jpg20170717_152242_wm[1].jpg

That's funny, but no, that was not my intention, honest. I just picked a good and fair representation photo head on that I saw in the last couple of pages. Flloydo was being too artistic and I didn't see Mickle's (until he's just posted them now here :p ).
GITD was an odd decision, I agree.

Photo from fac nation facebook
Look better but again not taken in total darkness but close enough to show decent effect of glow in the dark

Fac Nation Facebook
Dear collector's thanks to Andre's photo we can share the GLOW IN THE DARK EFFECT of T2 UHD SteelBook. Enjoy the effect and do not forget to take out T2 UHD SteelBook of the paper j-card and illuminate the whole front and back side under a lamp for 10 - 15 minutes minimum. Regards, Jan
View attachment 415911
That looks better, although personally would have preferred gloss. Not sure GITD was needed in lieu of gloss, but ok, props to them for thinking outside the box and taking a risk.

Reactions: paulboland
For me it's a no-brainer ;) as I don't have the FAC goggles on maybe it's easier for me to see the light :watch::giggle:
:LOL::LOL::cool:
Anyhow, I'm not going to nitpick the minor details in the artwork etc. They both use the same poster, but to me the NM is perfect as is, the extra bit of cropping Vs the FAC doesn't bother me at all. The quality of finish and mixture of bossing more than makes up for that IMO.
That's fair. But you're wrong, had Nova not cropped it fender and the mirror it would have been better. It's ok to admit it can be improved on... :naughty:
If FAC scrapped the whole GITD thing and fully glossed up their steel I would understand more your argument. I personally dig the rear art on the Nova and don't necessarily like the odd choice on the FAC.
I agree, GITD is a gimmick and not needed. Neither of the back arts is that impressive. It's all about the front cover art with either of these.
As to your conclusion, the only HDZ Terminator steelbook with awesome embossing was T1 (again a perfect example of a steelbook :p)
:thumbs:
T3 was pretty standard like the WWA
No. It's better than the WWA, in a similar way as the FAC T2 E2 is better than the WWA steel (although that embossing right above the title :hilarious: ).
T4+5 are flat w/gloss and debossed titles IIRC. So again, if they were to eventually release one I don't think they'd easily strip Nova of T2 King :coffee:
I think so... just as long as they pick better rear art than either of these 2, and they deboss or emboss the title, it shouldn't be that hard to win the battle.
On that note, it's not like the Nova steel has anything going on for the title (other than correct kerning :p ). I think it's just not embossed, technically it's not debossed, is it? :giggle:
Lastly, these pics of mine are a bit old now, but maybe you'll get the picture :)

I will also say, upon closer inspection I'm not so sure Arnie's head is embossed on the E1. I thought it was, now I'm not so certain, probably not, but I also can't see where the cut off from embossed (left arm is embossed as is his left hand) to non-embossed is. Anyone?

I will also say, upon closer inspection I'm not so sure Arnie's head is embossed on the E1. I thought it was, now I'm not so certain, probably not, but I also can't see where the cut off from embossed (left arm is embossed as is his left hand) to non-embossed is. Anyone?
Hmmm... :coffee: Upon closer inspection or because I pointed it out to you? :naughty: :rolleyes: Didn't want to publicly moot your point earlier but you've drained it out of me now :rofl: Case and point ;) I decline to further debate with your FAC Ambassadorship :stop: Enjoy your E1 :LOL::D:thumbs:

• Haha
Hmmm... :coffee: Upon closer inspection or because I pointed it out to you? :naughty::rolleyes:
Well, both :rofl: You pointed it out, then I took a closer look. I thought I remembered it being embossed. If it ends up not being embossed that sure is a Film Arena Incredible Luminescence :D

Good thing we were just talking steels. Want to get into slips? Whole package? Or maybe not :giggle: Nova brought a knife to a gun fight :naughty:

It's not glossy. That's all.
Even if one doesn't need the glow effect, this one is still far from a "fail".
I would have pulled the trigger already if it wasn't the high price...

• Thanks
It's not glossy. That's all.
Even if one doesn't need the glow effect, this one is still far from a "fail".
I would have pulled the trigger already if it wasn't the high price...

i agree, its not a fail.. but its super unnecessary considering its almost exactly like the nova steel.. just (slightly?) worse

Well, both :rofl: You pointed it out, then I took a closer look. I thought I remembered it being embossed. If it ends up not being embossed that sure is a Film Arena Incredible Luminescence :D

Good thing we were just talking steels. Want to get into slips? Whole package? Or maybe not :giggle: Nova brought a knife to a gun fight :naughty:

:LOL: Talk about slips? Ok :naughty: Briefly :whistle::giggle: NM Classic style FullSlip + old school O-ring Lenti w/nice transition ;) + 1/4 slip over XL's any day of the week :rofl:
:p

• Haha