Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator Genisys
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

01.jpg

11143958-1994313975358339.jpg
11143958-2004313975350335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a quick glance through the recent pages but can someone tell me, is there actually a 2-disc HMV exclusive? I had no idea and when I search Google and even ebay, there are none being sold. There is mention of one but the links take you to the site and there is nothing listed? Was it planned then dropped? Just want to know as not only.would I love the bonus disc but a lenticular of the poster would have been my number one choice.

EDIT - I found the thread where people have received their HMV copies. Just seems strange there is none on eBay. Maybe I can get one in store.

Last edited:
I would obviously prefer to have the bonus disk but in relation to the actual steelbook I would say I'm pleased. I like the fact that depending where you hold it in front of you it looks like his red eye is glowing!

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to replace the image at the head of this thread with the correct image, please ?

EDIT: Just sent a stronger-worded message to Zavvi along the same lines so this is a brief message to all you returners "Take a screen shot of the current pic" in case they remove it and replace it with the correct image.

"Dear Sir or Madam,
Now that your exclusive TERMINATOR GENISYS steelbook is being delivered it is apparent that the front image on said steelbook is different to the image showing on your website.
My request is a simple one - that you update your image by replacing it with the correct one as it is misleading to your customers.
Yours faithfully,
-----------------------"
First reply:-
"Hello Nicholas,
I can confirm that we will pass your feedback to the relevant department."

Last edited:
It's not surprising that the artwork turned out to be the same as elsewhere, but it is disappointing.

Using the wrong image is something that effects Zavvi more than other retailers with steelbooks simply because they have so many exclusives. That said, if you look on Amazon at their amarays you can find 100's that don't look like the finished product. It's just that steelbooks are more important and decisions are made based on the artwork, especially with many countries to choose from. A quick look on Amazon UK shows that...

Taken 3 is still called 'Tak3n' and doesn't have 'extended harder cut' on the spine - which the real product does
Man of Steel doesn't have '3D' on the front of one picture - which the real one does

And so on.

Reactions: snooloui
For the last time, Zavvi only post the artwork they are given from the manufacture. They dont make the steelbook.
It may be dissapointing for some yes but its still a great looking steelbook non the less.

Reactions: paulboland
For the last time, Zavvi only post the artwork they are given from the manufacture. They dont make the steelbook.
It may be dissapointing for some yes but its still a great looking steelbook non the less.

So why does every other retailer have the correct art?
Zavvi were either sent the wrong info, not sent any at all and made it up or was sent it but they didn't update.

Zavvi is the only point of contact for the customer if the customer is not happy.
Like I've said loads, this is a great steelbook, I love it. But it's not what I paid for therefore zavvi will get a complaint. Simple

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666

That's a good point and I doubt they knock up their own pictures either.

However I reckon the new image is sitting in some staff members mailbox and he forgot to upload it :)

I just think this whole lets blame zavvi for everything that happens in the world mentality is boring and old.

They mess up, they have alot to improve on but if a steelbook artwork or Finnish pisses you off Email the Distributor/Marketing department of the movie as its them that decides on those sort of things, just please stop rehashing the same arguments over and over again about zavvi.

Last edited:
Several posts have been moved to the retailer thread here. Let's stick to the steelbook itself. Any posts about retailer policies etc... belong in the retailer thread.

As for the bickering, you have been asked on more than one occasion - by more than one mod - to take it to PM or simply stop, yet you kept coming back for more, time out in effect.

Also got mine Saturday morning (why can't Zavvi use this super fast delivery method all the time) and I'll say I'm happy with it. A nice simple steelbook, Love the artwork, colours and the gloss. My only gripe I would have is that it stands out more then the others of the set.
View attachment 197612 View attachment 197613 View attachment 197614 View attachment 197615 View attachment 197616 View attachment 197617 View attachment 197618 View attachment 197619

Wish I had that 1st terminator play edition. I have the newer bad matte job one and the judgement day with no spine and inside art lol so my collection sticks out like a swore thumb. I think this release is the best of the ones I own

I've got a reply from the customer service department and they have offered a refund, but want me to pay the postage back. I don't think so and I've replied asking for a free postage label. Their cock up, they need to sort it.