Terminator Genisys - In theaters July 1, 2015

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Terminator Genisys (2015)

Tagline: Reset the future

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Alan Taylor[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Arnold Schwarzenegger[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emilia Clarke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Clarke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jai Courtney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]J.K. Simmons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dayo Okeniyi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Byung-hun[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sandrine Holt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Gladis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Smith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron V. Williamson[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-07-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The year is 2029. John Connor, leader of the resistance continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles offensive, John's fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when TECOM spies reveal a new plot by SkyNet that will attack him from both fronts; past and future, and will ultimately change warfare forever.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qOoFD4HD9a2EEUymdzBQN9XF1UJ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
With: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, and Jason Clarke

Per Comingsoon:
Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted Terminator movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, Terminator will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, Terminator spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. A 5th installment of in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the "G.I. Joe" franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated Zero Dark Thirty, The Master and executive produced Spring Breakers via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell's American Hustle, Spike Jonze's Her, and Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher set for release later this year.

(Old discussion)
TerminatorGenisys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All I've been hearing is bad reviews. Might wait for this on rental. :dunno:

Haven't seen the movie but my biggest concern was why thy would use Arnie and none of the other cast? That seems unbalanced to me. And re-treading on themes of T2 worries me a lot.

Just got back from watching and was much better than I expected :thumbs: as always Arnie delivered as the Terminator :cool: but I just wasn't feeling Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney as the leads (n), and was pissed at one of the worst spoiler in regards to John Connor in the trailers :banghead:!!!

Just got back from watching and was much better than I expected :thumbs: as always Arnie delivered as the Terminator :cool: but I just wasn't feeling Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney as the leads (n), and was pissed at one of the worst spoiler in regards to John Connor in the trailers :banghead:!!!
@DADDYCOOL187 I agree, the trailer did ruin the twist! :mad: :banghead: These damn studios give away too much, there's a teaser for the teaser, a teaser trailer, 3 official main trailers, and countless of TV Spots! :wacky: Less is more! ;)

100% agreed.
Seems like my friend we were in the SAME thinking for the last 18 months and still the same in the movie theaters :)

Sequels are planned for "The studio has dated “Terminator 2″ for May 19, 2017, and “Terminator 3″ on June 29, 2018." BUT, those were announced last September 2014... so with the "low" box office result, I Wonder if they'll see the green light... I do hope so to continue this new timeline.

Reactions: cooey
So this wasn't as bad as it looked, but it was far from a good movie to me. About the same as Terminator Salvation and T3 for me. The marketing department for this movie should be fired for the insane spoiler from the last trailer.

Good -
- Arnold was great again as the T-800 and his parental relationship with Sarah was a great angle missing since T2.
- The first 30 minutes (where they basically reboot T1) were good and the sewer fight was pretty good
- Sprinkled humor throughout was decent

Bad -
- The actual story of Genisys and motives of Skynet was pretty awful and generic. The movie really could have benefited from keeping the John Connor twist a secret because the main story was lacking any spice.
- The new Terminator model introduced was interesting in design, but not nearly as threatening or bad ass as T1000
- Special effects were subpar given the budget for this movie and definitely in comparisons with the other Terminator movies. That helicopter chase was awful, effects wise.
- Lack of any sense of iconic or bad ass moments or scenes

Overall, far from a good movie, but it's entertaining in parts and its always good to see Arnold back in his best role. It's not worth a trip to the theaters, but a rental would be okay. My Terminator rankings T2, T1.......(then, all interchangeable comes the rest)Terminator Genisys, Terminator Salvation, T3.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Finally got around to watching this on the weekend along with Ant Man. Needless to say, I enjoyed Ant Man. :)

No it was not a terrible movie. But the story has become sooooo complicated and unnecessary. A continuous reason to regurgitate the franchise even if it makes no sense. I feel they have lost what made this franchise work. I also despise that they have used a new array of stars yet Arnie remains the same. Just cant overcome that hurdle. Sorry guys. I really wanted to like it. But I just cant.

I watched this recently too, and if anyone reads my previous posts in this thread, then you'll see that I wasn't the least bit excited about the film... I thought the trailers looked awful. However, I ended up quite enjoying it and felt it was the best since T2... they did a great job with tying it in to T1 & T2 IMO. I'm surprised to say that Jai Courtney didn't do a bad job for once either, and that Arnie probably gave the weakest performance, which kills me to say, since he IS the Terminator! I'm looking forward to watching it again on Blu. :D

I thought I would bump the thread with this important piece of news. Terminator: Genisys is getting a resurgence at the BO in China. It is currently sitting at $37.1 million after two days and is estimated to bring in $150 -180 million there during it's one month run. That would bring the total if it reaches $180 to a whopping $507 million. If it even reaches it's lowest estimates chances are we will at least see one more sequel with Arnie reprising his role as the Terminator a fifth time.

I thought I would bump the thread with this important piece of news. Terminator: Genisys is getting a resurgence at the BO in China. It is currently sitting at $37.1 million after two days and is estimated to bring in $150 -180 million there during it's one month run. That would bring the total if it reaches $180 to a whopping $507 million. If it even reaches it's lowest estimates chances are we will at least see one more sequel with Arnie reprising his role as the Terminator a fifth time.
China is now a MAJOR player for movie studios if they want to make $$$. China only allow a specific number of foreign movie per year, so Terminator Producer made a right move there!

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: Awesome news @cooey! :notworthy: Thank you China!!!!! :drool: Now come on Paramount, announce the sequel ALREADY! :notworthy:

This from JoBlo

Terminator Sequels Cancelled Indefinitely.

Everyone, calm down. It's going to be okay. There is no need to worry. As of right now, it appears those TERMINATOR sequels that were supposed to build a new trilogy stemming from TERMINATOR GENISYS ain't happening.

"On hold indefinitely" is the terminology in vogue lately, and it looks like that's going to apply to any sort of plans to expand the TERMINATOR universe out into more films and that proposed television show. Even with TERMINATOR GENISYS doing fairly well overseas, the underwhelming domestic box office in the U.S. still caused enough damage with the film reported to lose money for Skydance Productions.

That ultimately leads to some long looks in the mirror, particularly by David Ellison and those calling the shots at Paramount who have to pause and consider if the general public has any interest in further TERMINATOR stories being told. The answer would appear to be no, but you know how people can get when they have blinders on that they really want to do something. The TERMINATOR franchise surely seems to have milked every last drop out of its cybernetic organisms, and it's probably best to just move on and make something else.

But this is Hollywood... so, while things may be indefinitely on hold now, all it takes is for someone to believe the name value of the brand can carry something and the Terminator will be back before you know it.

Terminator Franchise Not on Hold, Just ‘Re-Adjusting’
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...nchise-not-on-hold-just-re-adjusting#/slide/1
Speaking at TheWrap’s Annual Media Leadership Conference, Skydance chief creative officer Dana Goldberg opened up about where the series currently stands, dispelling talk that the series future had been terminated.

“Do we intend to have a next step of Terminator? Yes, we do,” she said. “I wouldn’t say on hold, so much as re-adjusting. At Skydance, when we talk movies, we talk universes, even more than franchises. So the idea of a Terminator TV show fits into that universe. All the steps have to be taken in unison.”

Goldberg went on to reveal that they’ll be listening to the audience about what they do and don’t want to see for the Terminator franchise moving forward, saying that they’ll be using “data and research to do a worldwide study and really talk to audiences about what they loved, and what maybe didn’t work for them, so that the next we take with the franchise is the right one.”

The process of finding what the audience wants, however, means that production on another film won’t begin in the not-too-distant future.

“We are not going to begin production at the beginning of next year, because again, it would be silly to not have to worry about what audiences have to say.”
popcorn2.gif