Terminator Genisys - In theaters July 1, 2015

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Terminator Genisys (2015)

Tagline: Reset the future

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Alan Taylor[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Arnold Schwarzenegger[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emilia Clarke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Clarke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jai Courtney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]J.K. Simmons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dayo Okeniyi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Byung-hun[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sandrine Holt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Gladis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Smith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron V. Williamson[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-07-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The year is 2029. John Connor, leader of the resistance continues the war against the machines. At the Los Angeles offensive, John's fears of the unknown future begin to emerge when TECOM spies reveal a new plot by SkyNet that will attack him from both fronts; past and future, and will ultimately change warfare forever.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qOoFD4HD9a2EEUymdzBQN9XF1UJ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
With: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, and Jason Clarke

Per Comingsoon:
Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted Terminator movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, Terminator will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, Terminator spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. A 5th installment of in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the "G.I. Joe" franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated Zero Dark Thirty, The Master and executive produced Spring Breakers via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell's American Hustle, Spike Jonze's Her, and Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher set for release later this year.

(Old discussion)
TerminatorGenisys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It holds a 69% on RT (audience reviews) I'm starting to have a hard time agreeing with critics lately and more just care if real people like the movie. 7.1 on IMDB, 6.6 on meta (all audience reviews).

I grew up with Terminator(2) and I love every movie, Arnold is probably what makes this movie. Maybe I'll go see it this weekend.

It holds a 69% on RT (audience reviews) I'm starting to have a hard time agreeing with critics lately and more just care if real people like the movie. 7.1 on IMDB, 6.6 on meta (all audience reviews).

I grew up with Terminator(2) and I love every movie, Arnold is probably what makes this movie. Maybe I'll go see it this weekend.
The general opinion on Twitter by the vast majority is that the film is good solid entertainment and the comments are mainly positive. Don't listen to critics, if they were that expert at film knowledge they'd be making them instead of bitching at others.

Reactions: ocielz and nicblue
Some of the bad stuff I've read is people don't get the timeline and it's very confusing to them. Basically it's the type of time travel they "believe in". There's the Looper single universe where changes to a younger self effects the older self.

Than there is the theory of the multiverse which Terminator subscribes to where time on Universe A continues while any changes to Universe B only effect Universe B. Even if a Terminator is successful in killing Sarah Connor on Universe B, John Connor and the resistance will still exist on Universe A.

There's also the Back to the Future theory which is pretty ridiculous. If Marty and Doc traveled to the future they couldn't visit themselves because they would have been missing for 30 years.

Saw this last night.

First off, Arnold is superb!!! This should've been his comeback movie after office IMO, with the rest he has done to follow. As I suspected, the rest of the cast were pretty much awful aside from J K Simmons. However, as a Terminator movie it was a great sequel and a fun 2 hours. Certainly 100000x better than Salvation and at least equal to Terminator 3. My full review will be up on Monday

Saw this last night and enjoyed it very much. :thumbs: It was no surprise that the special effects were off the hook and a totally new Terminator is bad a$$ . Without giving anything away, people are gonna be floored when they find out who was behind Skynet. Some great one liners from Arnie will have you cracking up too :LOL:

Last edited:
I saw it Thursday and really enjoyed it,I really liked the way it started and ended and the question it left unanswered that will hopefully get so in a sequel.

7/10 for me.

Also thought the acting wasn't great apart from Arnold who was brilliant and j.k who was solid.

Saw this last night and enjoyed it very much. :thumbs: It was no surprise that the special effects were off the hook and a totally new Terminator is bad a$$ . Without giving anything away, people are gonna be floored when they find out who was behind Skynet. Some great one liners from Arnie will have you cracking up too :LOL:

Last night I saw the interview Arnie gave in in London before the premiere) He's looking better than I've seen him in a long time, and in very good spirits.

Looking forward to seeing the film.

Last night I saw the interview Arnie gave in in London before the premiere) He's looking better than I've seen him in a long time, and in very good spirits.

Looking forward to seeing the film.

Yeah, he looks good for his age.. It's hard to ever imagine a Terminator movie with out him being in it, but eventually that time will come. I believe he said this is his last one but we'll see.
You'll definitely enjoy this one @JackRegan :thumbs:

Reactions: JackRegan
Yeah, he looks good for his age.. It's hard to ever imagine a Terminator movie with out him being in it, but eventually that time will come. I believe he said this is his last one but we'll see.
You'll definitely enjoy this one @JackRegan :thumbs:
Arnold has said he will be in the Genisys sequel but he not committed to the third film

Paramount announced that Terminator Genisys would be the first film in a new stand-alone trilogy, with two sequels scheduled for release on May 19, 2017 and June 29, 2018.
On February 24, 2015, Schwarzenegger confirmed that he will return for the first sequel

• Informative
Reactions: Phantasmic
Arnold has said he will be in the Genisys sequel but he not committed to the third film

Paramount announced that Terminator Genisys would be the first film in a new stand-alone trilogy, with two sequels scheduled for release on May 19, 2017 and June 29, 2018.
On February 24, 2015, Schwarzenegger confirmed that he will return for the first sequel

Cool :thumbs:

Yes, and Terminator Salvation was the first of a trilogy too ;).

If Terminator Genesis (I'm not using that stupid "Genisys") doesn't perform well at the box-office (and for now, it's underperforming), then no matter the plans, Paramount will cancel those sequels. A John Carter sequel was being written before the first one came out, and it was shut down when the film bring enough cash to the studio.

By the way Paul, has anyone told you the way you write looks like how the Terminator would write? :D

I know at least half of this forum is devout Schwarznegger fans (hell, 25% of people here have a Schwarznegger avatar :D), but I'm a little surprised to see so much enthusiasm for this franchise (I think this shouldn't have been a franchise, Judgement Day should've been the end) and this film when the entire internet and every critic has been ******** on it for months, it got bad reviews indeed (27% on Rotten Tomatoes), and the marketing (posters, trailers, tie-ins) has been disastrous. Sad to see the Terminator franchise going down like this.

Anyway, other than the picture presented in the OP for the Best Buy steelbook, there is no good material to work with.

So I think that's the best we can hope for:

terminator_genisys_ver2.jpg

Reactions: nefilim
I saw this today. It lacks Cameron's magic touch and if you've seen the trailers and teasers you've already seen much of the action in the movie. Jai Courtney, MEH! Someone wrote on io9 'The Kyle Reese we know and love dropped into a 1984 Los Angeles alley, a confused, rabid, hungry dog who had been through some pain in the future. This new Kyle Reese dropped out of a fashion magazine.'. I concur. There wasn't a moment where I imagined Reece ever had to face any hardship in his life, let alone spend his life in the radioactive ruins of a shattered world.

As for Skynet, I won't introduce spoilers but if you'd asked me to describe what Skynet is the answer wouldn't be anything like what was presented in Genisys.

All that negativity aside, it's certainly better than T3 and Salvation and I think it will grow on me. I'll take leelee17's advice and wait for it to go OOS and then buy it cheaper at the Hut. Or wait for a version full of art cards and lenticular slipcover and talking 'I'll be back' keyring...

Reactions: leelee17
Just saw it and LOVED it!!! Far from perfect but a really great follow up to 1&2. Forget 3&4, they never existed!!!

Clarke and Courtney are so-so actor but got the job done. Arnold is majestic! Simmons has a really nice part (would have loved to see him more involved).

My only concern is Jason Clarke character is wayyyyy too strong.

Oh and if you want to enjoy this as I did, do like me and watch T1-T2 just before (as I did yesterday night). Miss Drum truly enjoyed this as she watched T1 with me.

Just saw it and LOVED it!!! Far from perfect but a really great follow up to 1&2. Forget 3&4, they never existed!!!

Clarke and Courtney are so-so actor but got the job done. Arnold is majestic! Simmons has a really nice part (would have loved to see him more involved).

My only concern is Jason Clarke character is wayyyyy too strong.

Oh and if you want to enjoy this as I did, do like me and watch T1-T2 just before (as I did yesterday night). Miss Drum truly enjoyed this as she watched T1 with me.
@Drum18 AWESOME! :thumbs: I too did the same, watched T1 and T2 before heading to the theater! :cool: Miss Bloodsnake also enjoyed it! :drool: I just hope Paramount continues forward with a sequel :thumbs:
I really want to see Pops kick some major ass with his new abilities! :woot:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I agree, the best way to go in watching this is to watch T1 & T2 back to back. It'll help you understand the whole BTTF timeline jump stance on the movie.

Do I want to see a sequel? If Arnie is involved then of course, but with the rest of the cast I'm not too bothered. Going to see it again next weekend though :D