The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [India]

keyjey

Premium Supporter
Aug 18, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Release date: August 23rd, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon India - Indian Rs. 1639
Notes: Includes 3D+2D AND comes with TASM #1 as a bonus.

cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When amazon Spain opened up, they did international shipping from Day one. India is founding member of BRICS, you're telling me they couldn't handle international shipping? I would buy that for the first month maybe, but after a year, it's just weird. I think it's the only amazon on the planet not supporting international shipping. (Don't know about China but I think all others do ship internationally). Like I said, it's weird.

Agree. The only other explanation is some weird government rule or the reason the most of steelbook at Amazon IN is NOT stocked and sold my Amazon (third party fulfilled by amazon)

and third party seller and even amazon india not bother about the value and aesthetic appeal of steelbook. poor packing and handling and frequently pop up and dents due to rough handling.
so i pickup my copy from crossword book store in my city. and i have choice for mint and perfect copies.

Don't know if there's some sort of "dark" issue we don't know about, but who knows. Each country has different laws. Spain for example forbids that you sell under value price (taking "small losses"), because it is "unfair". So on black Friday, which only started last year here you get good offers, but that never go near the US black Friday.
Weird laws. Amazon delayed its launch here due to these laws, and came out very very slowly, buying "buy vip" first and launching their site a year later. This was also due to the fact that big Spanish firms were heavily against amazon because they had had "market power" since... Ever, and to lose it against them was their nightmare. To this day, I am amazed those firms still exist

• Informative
Reactions: AlienKing
Don't know if there's some sort of "dark" issue we don't know about, but who knows. Each country has different laws. Spain for example forbids that you sell under value price (taking "small losses"), because it is "unfair". So on black Friday, which only started last year here you get good offers, but that never go near the US black Friday.
Weird laws. Amazon delayed its launch here due to these laws, and came out very very slowly, buying "buy vip" first and launching their site a year later. This was also due to the fact that big Spanish firms were heavily against amazon because they had had "market power" since... Ever, and to lose it against them was their nightmare. To this day, I am amazed those firms still exist
damn...

and third party seller and even amazon india not bother about the value and aesthetic appeal of steelbook. poor packing and handling and frequently pop up and dents due to rough handling.
so i pickup my copy from crossword book store in my city. and i have choice for mint and perfect copies.

@himanshu thanks for offering to assist members. Please chat with @Naughtius Maximus about opening a group buy at HDN if you plan to assist multiple members-thanks! You can visit the group buy forum for more info. Thanks!

Reactions: IRON MAN
Hi everyone... I just got my copy today from FLIPKART.COM. They have a one day shipping feature and ordered it on Friday and got it today. They were showing that this Steelbook was in stock on the 22nd and Amazon was showing the release date as 10th september. I wonder why this situation is with Amazon? Almost always their release or stock date is a little late from some of the other sites. Nevertheless, I got my steelbook today and although the quality of the steelbook is really good, I found the front artwork a little underwhelming.

As for the steelbook content, it contains a 3D Blu Ray, 2D Blu ray and a Bonus DVD with the extra features.
The extra features contain-Deleted scenes, Making of the Film, Filmmaker's Commentary, A Music Video and a Featurette - Something Sinister This Way Comes.
It's Region Free!
Plus, the Steelbook, came with a free Blu-Ray copy of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! (A waste for me as I already had it in my collection. I would have to gift it to someone I guess...or maybe can put it on Ebay!)

Well, that's it for now...I would post the pictures of the Steelbook very soon...so please keep checking!

P.S. Just to clarify, the BONUS Disc with this set is a DVD with extra features, and it is not the AMAZING SPIDERMAN Blu-Ray copy. The Blu-Ray is extra as an offer on buying the Steelbook.

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187