The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Note: This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook includes embossing on Spider-Man and the film title and includes a 3D lenticular.

01-343400.jpg

02-343400.jpg
03-343400.jpg
04-343400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Bye bye horrible black border!!!
There should be a framing border with the lenticular magnet contained within it in the style of 99.9% of U.K. lenticular steelbooks (not full-face like the Amazon exclusive HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION / as pictured).
This view is based on the listing which has Spider-Man and the title embossed - i.e. most likely at the same level as the frame.
Fingers crossed that the framing border will not be black but rather red to match the spine and back cover . . . even more amazing with that snakeskin-like patterning.
Fingers crossed also for no alignment issues if the design on the steel itself is full-face / continuing on to the border.

'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition Steelbook
This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook includes EMBOSSING ON SPIDER-MAN and the FILM TITLE and a DEBOSSED SPIDER SYMBOL on the back, includes a 3D lenticular."

Reactions: mehdi283
'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition Steelbook
This limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook includes EMBOSSING ON SPIDER-MAN and the FILM TITLE and a DEBOSSED SPIDER SYMBOL on the back, includes a 3D lenticular."
Not interested in this release but a debossed back is nice touch

Don't get why anybody wouldn't go for these 2 releases as they have everything going for them for "standard" steelbooks including:
- Decent designs with matching/complementary spines and matching web inside artwork (something the previous two could not be accused of having).
- Embossing on both plus de-bossing on the back of #2.
- Lenticular magnets.
- Decent price point for what it is.

In conclusion,If either doesn't sell out before release I'll be most surprised..

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JCC
I'll get both of these when they drop to £9.99.

Shame about the boring inside art on both and would of much prefered action shots but oh well

Hopefully both are gloss and not f*cking matte!
There should be a framing border with the lenticular magnet contained within it in the style of 99.9% of U.K. lenticular steelbooks (not full-face like the Amazon exclusive HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION / as pictured).
This view is based on the listing which has Spider-Man and the title embossed - i.e. most likely at the same level as the frame.
Fingers crossed that the framing border will not be black but rather red to match the spine and back cover . . . even more amazing with that snakeskin-like patterning.
Fingers crossed also for no alignment issues if the design on the steel itself is full-face / continuing on to the border.

Why would the framing border be red and different to what's shown? If it even has a framing border, despite embossing

He means bye black border of the orginal amazing spiderman 2 Hmv steel

Don't get why anybody wouldn't go for these 2 releases as they have everything going for them for "standard" steelbooks including:
- Decent designs with matching/complementary spines and matching web inside artwork (something the previous two could not be accused of having).
- Embossing on both plus de-bossing on the back of #2.
- Lenticular magnets.
- Decent price point for what it is.

In conclusion,If either doesn't sell out before release I'll be most surprised..

Because Amazing Spiderman 1 had a stunning full gloss steel on release and the Best Buy US version was even better, this is matte. Granted this knocks the first release into dust for this film, but the first film had a stunning steel. I'll be picking this up but not bothered about the other version as the original destroys it completely.

Why are HMV re-releasing an old title...especially The Amazing Spiderman 2

I remember when HMV used to have amazing releases.

Reactions: yeslek
Listed as Matte by HMV 'limited edition hmv exclusive steelbook has a MATTE LAMINATE finish" which is not a massive surprise for a lenticular steelbook going by previous U.K. examples.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 27/7:
Listing now up at Scanavo:-

spimn2.png

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The SteelBook® edition of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 matches the SteelBook® edition of the first movie. They will look great in any fan’s collection! The SteelBook® case is treated with a SPOT GLOSS and SPIDER-MAN HIMSELF AND THE TITLE TREATMENT ARE EMBOSSED, which makes this SteelBook® edition extra special.
Specs
  • Release Date
    22 Aug 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    EMBOSSING, SPOT GLOSS
  • Publisher
    Sony Pictures"
FRAMING BORDER for the magnet now visible.

Last edited:
Some of the old movie releases just confound me... who on earth is going to want to buy Three Amigos, Kickboxer or Killer Klowns From Outer Space in steelbook format ? Really ??

I am starting to wonder why I got into this steelbook game now ? I guess it is just a bit of an addiction that I am now starting to wonder if I need to kick.

steelbook isnt what it used to be

i do think this spiderman 2 steel is better than the last one though. the last one was totally rubbish, and didnt even match the first films steel. this one does. and at least they are starting to use lenticulars.

a sensible price too

I'm hoping to see some in hand pics on the 22nd! I hope the lenticular looks great.